Questionable decisions from Monk

1 minute ago, McRightSide said:

Are you unhappy with our transfer business this window?

This window I think it's been whatever we can get. I think our recruitment has been awful since summer 2015 and Chansiri demands stupid fees for players, which is why players only leave us at the end of their contract

49 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

I think there are some fans who just love nothing more than having a pop at the Sheffield Wednesday manager?

Bore off .....I don't slag him very often, still giving him time with his own staff and players but I can understand why people are skating him , why do consistently back him then , for what reason?

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, Tommy Crawshaw said:

With the midfield players that were available last night Pelupessy should have started. He's better than Hunt simples.

Another bizarre decision by the manager.

I know we’re in a bad state but being left in a position where Pelupessy has to start is w really sad state of affairs 

On recruitment, Dion Sanderson would filled in at right-side CB & have had confirmed attempts were made to get Jackson Irvine (box to box midfielder similar style to Luongo. Monk's done OK this window. On selection from those we have fit enough to play, Palmer to start at right-side CB & Waldock in defensive midfield role last night more logical selections: Waldock very good on debut. Also, we can plan to go man to man with specifc threats (eg. Toney) at set pieces with Flint rather than with one who's no good in the air, has poor concentration levels & frequently gives away penalties. 

There were quite a few positives from last night, but we’re still very much a work in progress and Brentford had more quality than us in most areas. We also suffered from not having Brown and Iorfa available.

People who want to slate Monk at any opportunity need to have proper regard to these factors.