Keep calm.

11 minutes ago, Kopparberg said:

Easier said than done I know. 

The players are giving their all.

We can still improve - there are signs of that. 

We have some new players that are still getting used to being here, never mind playing consecutive games. 

Try not to panic after a defeat. 

Against a worse team yesterday we would have won. We were always up against it and showed great commitment. 

We still have things to sort out, that I think will change gradually. 

Still not convinced by Monk though, but hope it works out for us all.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Kopparberg said:

We have some new players that are still getting used to being here, never mind playing consecutive games. 

Against a worse team yesterday we would have won. We were always up against it and showed great commitment. 

If we can beat Luton we're doing fine. the next 3 games are really ones to pick the point up in as they're going to be our relegation rivals.

• Like 4

19 minutes ago, Kopparberg said:

Totally agree.

In fact I'm getting fed up with the torrent of negativity every time we drop points.

For some reason, there is a section of our fan base which apparently demands we win every game in dominant fashion and finds fault every time we don't.

We are, at best, a mid-table team. Yesterday, we lost by the odd goal to one of the best teams in the league. It's going to happen, get over it it.  This season is going to be scrap, and games like QPR and Brum are going to be the norm. That's the level we're at, and people need to get used to it.

• Like 8

5 minutes ago, Roy Of The Roasters said:

Totally agree.

In fact I'm getting fed up with the torrent of negativity every time we drop points.

For some reason, there is a section of our fan base which apparently demands we win every game in dominant fashion and finds fault every time we don't.

We are, at best, a mid-table team. Yesterday, we lost by the odd goal to one of the best teams in the league. It's going to happen, get over it it.  This season is going to be scrap, and games like QPR and Brum are going to be the norm. That's the level we're at, and people need to get used to it.

Totally agree on this, it does get a tad crazy on here after any game. Even a win!

I've said before our season won't be defined by games against the likes of Bristol city, Watford, Brentford though I do think at full strength we would have been closer to beating Brentford and it wasn't a terrible showing 

• Like 1

What difference does it make whether we're behind the team or not?

Surely not to the team's performances on the pitch since we're not even at the games.

Beating Birmingham and our fans are excessively buoyant, lose to Brentford and we're excessively critical again. It's easy to predict how fans will generally react in fact, so much so that it's normal.

25 minutes ago, cowl said:

Surely not to the team's performances on the pitch since we're not even at the games.

Thats a fair point. 

It’s just better for ourselves not to panic... and the team is doing alright so we don’t want to spread too much negativity.

It’s a long season - the overall result is the most important 

• Like 1

Good points made @Kopparberg, and I fully agree. 

Said at the start of the week we need to be aiming for at least 3 points this week. Still got the opportunity for that. I'd rather take a loss and a win than 2 draws (got to win the game Saturday first like!) 

Set backs are going to hurt because of the points deduction, but we are still on track. Just got to rally for the weekend now. 

• Love 1

1 hour ago, Kopparberg said:

The voice of reason (correctly imo) - I'm still at a loss as to why people mouth off with the slightest excuse.  Mind you, I can't understand why people drop litter.... Strong hearts and minds needed, the players seem to be responding, but will need thick skins along the way.  Some 'supporters' helping create a problem which doesn't really exist

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, cowl said:

Beating Birmingham and our fans are excessively buoyant, lose to Brentford and we're excessively critical again. It's easy to predict how fans will generally react in fact, so much so that it's normal.

The topic is “Keep calm” not “Get behind the team”...

1 minute ago, slinger208b said:

Then read it my first line as “What difference does it make whether we're behind the team or not?”, and my point still stands.

18 minutes ago, slinger208b said:

14 minutes ago, cowl said:

Then read it my first line as “What difference does it make whether we're behind the team or not?”, and my point still stands.

:biggrin: I'll try again...

The read my first line as “What difference does it make whether we keep calm or not?”, and my point still stands.

• Haha 1

Great OP, it seems we are either delirious after a win or extremely angry after a defeat.

2 wins, 2 draws, 2 defeats. A working progress. 8 points from those games I think many would have taken. The next 3 games will shape our season moving forward, we have had a tough start to the season (1 relegated PL team, 2 made playoffs last season) but we can now play teams who will be lower end of the table and this is where we need to show we have what it takes to stay up. I honestly believe we will too.

• Love 2

1 minute ago, cowl said:

:biggrin: I'll try again...

The read my first line as “What difference does it make whether we keep calm or not?”, and my point still stands.

Fair question - I'd be a d!ck and answer with my own question! 

Which teams are more successful, those where the fans are behind the team, or ones where everybody is panicking and slating them? 

5 minutes ago, Owl Be Back said:

Need 9 points from the next 3 games. These are the classic 6-pointers and the games we really need to win to pull back those teams that are the most likely to be in a relegation scrap.

We are not going to get 9 points though ,6 would be nearer the mark , there no easy games in this league and God help us if we go to Wycombe and they still haven't got a point or a win , you know what happens ....

• Like 1
  • Love 1

6 minutes ago, Owl Be Back said:

Need 9 points from the next 3 games. These are the classic 6-pointers and the games we really need to win to pull back those teams that are the most likely to be in a relegation scrap.

No we don’t. 9 points from next 3 games would see us form wise being 3-4th in the league and would probably see us out of the relegation zone. Unrealistic to expect us to pull back -12 and be out of the relegation zone in 9 games.