Creativity

Non-existent in the final third.

Reach had a poor game attacking wise for me. Harris good cross for the goal but his final ball for the rest of the night was lacking. No one in midfield pushing on and making things happen.

I just see us very workman like and with little quality other than Bannan and possibly Brown if he can stay fit. 

Tonight was crying out for an FF or a Joao to come up with a bit of something out of nothing to get us going. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Just got to be realistic. At the moment we're looking at forth from bottom at best.

This is now a team of workers, very limited technically. When we fail to work hard we look poor.

We stopped the pressing that worked at times. Just look a Leeds, everyone presses constantly, when we do the same we cause problems not sure why we quickly give it up when it works 

• Like 1

At least up top we have options now.

Harris, who usually doesn’t contribute did look better today IMO, against a good fullback. 

Reach was up against a good fullback.

Brentford can defend - they aren’t just good at attacking. 

We had no Brown, then lost Windass. We do need a CAM. 

Bannan is ok, but he is now more likely to provide the pass before the assist in this team ... ie, spray it wide-ish 

22 minutes ago, TodwickOwl said:

Absolutely desperate for another winger.

Brown Bannan Luongo should be the middle 3 

Windass Patterson and Marriott up top 

There’s a good start with strength and pace in attack

I think that’s probably our best line up, but Windass seemed pretty anonymous tonight and I didn’t think Marriott contributed a lot either.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, beswetherick said:

First half we actually played some ok stuff in the final third I thought. 

Route one can be effective even if it ain’t pretty... but we’re just not very good at it. That centre half Pinnock won everything in the air for them tonight

Yes Snoop Dogg played well for them.

I don’t think we were far away today. Reach us shown time and again he has the quality to really hurt teams and, Harris played a good ball into the box for the goal.

it was pleasing to see an identity forming. We were comfortable on the ball. Got it wide and, into the box. Let’s not forget how good a team Brentford are. 

If we play like we did tonight in every game this season, we’ll be safe and, that’s all that really matters.

• Like 1