No Luongo, Lees, Iorfa, Brown....

6 hours ago, TodwickOwl said:

Our midfield is so thin and we have two notoriously injured players out - Brown and Luongo

I fear if we have a midfield like that all season

Luongo had an excellent fitness record until last season.

Brown is at the other end of the spectrum, with a terrible history of injuries. 

Our midfield is so thin and we have two notoriously injured players out - Brown and Luongo

Defensively we looked ragged last night, hopefully a different story with Lees, Iorfa and Luongo available. Brentford looked really fluid and in tune with each other, especially 1st half, but we maybe let them play too much. 2nd half we broke their play up. Frustrating that we didn’t really test their keeper all evening. Onto the next one.

Hoped for a point in that game. Probably could’ve had one but for Odubajo ending up with Toney on corners!

The injuries are cruel for a club in our situation. We never have any luck with them. But then again we are adopting a very aggressive style of play. 

Luongo and Paterson are two we cannot afford to lose. One down!

• Like 1

10 hours ago, McRightSide said:

I agree with the OP - as I often do.

I’m not unhappy tonight at all

I’m frustrated that yet again we are talking about inadequate goalkeeping and baffling subs.

With a proper keeper and more thoughtful substitutions I think we could have even won that

Totally agree with your post Mc

Dawson is a long way from being a true No.1 keeper.

He doesn’t command his area.

He rarely comes off his line to catch or clear corners.

He’s not a really good shot stopper, his record over the last two years proves that - he’s let in an awful lot of goals he should have saved.

His general positioning is often suspect.

His clean sheet record is poor by comparison to other Championship keepers

in conclusion I ask what the hell is our goalkeeping coaches doing with him

If we persist with Dawson we will lose more games than we win.

1 hour ago, Bluesteel said:

Hoped for a point in that game. Probably could’ve had one but for Odubajo ending up with Toney on corners!

The injuries are cruel for a club in our situation. We never have any luck with them. But then again we are adopting a very aggressive style of play. 

Luongo and Paterson are two we cannot afford to lose. One down!

Not cruel. Its just what we have. Financial mismanagement leads to a weaker squad. All there is to it.

Guest Laurena

Don't understand the positives. Brentford have once again sold their best players and are again rebuilding yet still made us look second best and looked like they could go up a gear at anytime. If they had lost they would have been 15th in the table so they are no Liverpool or Man City. Having said that we are also rebuilding so let's get over Christmas before Monk baiting starts.

1 hour ago, billyblack said:

Not cruel. Its just what we have. Financial mismanagement leads to a weaker squad. All there is to it.

Iorfa, Shaw, Luongo, Lees, Palmer, Hunt and Brown all being injured at the same time a month in is fairly unlucky. Only a couple of them have history 

7 minutes ago, TodwickOwl said:

I can't believe we didn't get proper cover for Luongo. 

Last year he was crocked. He's played 32 games so far since he joined.

He played 36 a season for QPR on average. 

What the hell is wrong with our setup here? Bad luck or regime? 

will probably mean Pelupessy starts tomorrow 😞