No Luongo, Lees, Iorfa, Brown....

4 minutes ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

I don't think we need 'excuses' for a loss by the odd goal to Brentford, do we?

They're widely tipped as promotion favourites and easily among the best teams in this division. 

Our fate won't be decided in games such as this.

Completely agree, although you wouldn't think it based on some comments on here. 

Although I think we'd have been much stronger, they were, in all honesty the better team tonight.

Looking for a big response on Saturday, with hopefully Iorfa, Lees and Brown back available.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, modboy said:

Someone mentioned Jackson Irvine doesn't have a club at the moment. Surely a deal the to end of the season would appeal to all?

Bringing him or Stewart in (or both if possible) for nowt just seems like a no brainer to me. Our second choice midfield options are as weak as anyone in the division’s

• Like 3

43 minutes ago, Holmowl said:

...and yet we pushed a very strong Brentford really hard.

They had far more quality than we had on the pitch. Our defence and midfield were decimated. Yet we competed strongly and were always in the game. Bodes really well.

I feel very encouraged by tonight. 

Yeah at least it wasn't 0-5.

Well done lads let's try and scrap for a point against Luton Saturday!

• Like 1

Did monk say what is wrong with Luongo?

We need him and some of our centre backs fit asap.

You simply need to be tight defensively in this league.

We need to concentrate on that and anything we get at the other end is bonus.

We tried to take them on tonight, I assume because we simply didn’t have enough defensive players to do anything else .

22 minutes ago, WalthamOwl said:

Back on the grass? Does that mean back training with the first team or just back running etc? 

saw back on grass other day and making good progress monk said post Brentford today , you’d hope a few more days training and at least 2 of the 3 would be ready for Saturday 

2 minutes ago, oldishowl said:

Did monk say what is wrong with Luongo?

We need him and some of our centre backs fit asap.

You simply need to be tight defensively in this league.

We need to concentrate on that and anything we get at the other end is bonus.

We tried to take them on tonight, I assume because we simply didn’t have enough defensive players to do anything else .

swollen knee , needs to get swelling down and then can assess 

27 minutes ago, BRADDO said:

All 4 players are a huge loss to the side. It's going to be a tough season. 

Yeah cos we're only allowed to bring in cheap injury-prone shirt fillers or rejects.

Maybe one day someone at the club, who really cares , will notice this.

Depends on wether the government will allow football to continue during such a threat to humanity.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Holmowl said:

They had far more quality than we had on the pitch. Our defence and midfield were decimated. Yet we competed strongly and were always in the game. Bodes really well.

I agree , we did ok until we tired but too open really because of the missing players.

We need to turn games into a scrap and we didn’t have the players to do that tonight 

1 hour ago, Holmowl said:

Spot on, hopefully they can come back, even some for Saturday. 3 big games coming up that could shape our survival season. Those players are key moving forward this season.

We gave it a go tonight but could see we missed these players. 

If we happened to have Lees, Iorfa back Saturday , and presumably Palmer as well seeing as he was on the bench, I would consider looking at trying to convert Palmer or Iorfa into a defensive midfielder.

It’s either that or play Joey who to be fair did ok when he came on but I am not sure he would be up to it on a regular basis.

I don’t think Palmer or Iorfa would necessarily be that good but just let sit and basically defend in front of the defence.

It’s another defensive player on the pitch and the problem tonight was we didn’t have enough.

Put it another way.

If they are fit then Van Aken has to play on the left which means one ofLees, Iorfa, Flint would miss out. Not sure that would be for the best.

1 hour ago, Holmowl said:

Pushed them hard? 

We were workman like, which tbf is more then some of the teams we've put out in the past, but never threatened a 2nd equaliser. 

That said signs there we have enough battle and heart to stay in games, scrap points and be safe. Stand by what I said, think we'll end up about 18th come the seasons end

34 minutes ago, oldishowl said:

If we happened to have Lees, Iorfa back Saturday , and presumably Palmer as well seeing as he was on the bench, I would consider looking at trying to convert Palmer or Iorfa into a defensive midfielder.

It’s either that or play Joey who to be fair did ok when he came on but I am not sure he would be up to it on a regular basis.

I don’t think Palmer or Iorfa would necessarily be that good but just let sit and basically defend in front of the defence.

It’s another defensive player on the pitch and the problem tonight was we didn’t have enough.

Put it another way.

If they are fit then Van Aken has to play on the left which means one ofLees, Iorfa, Flint would miss out. Not sure that would be for the best.

Iorfa is our best centre half so has to play there when he’s fit, agreed that Palmer might be worth a look in defensive midfield though. I think asking him to mostly just sit in and defend what’s in front of him with the safety net of centre halves covering behind would play to his strengths, he reads the game well and is disciplined defensively so wouldn’t get carried away going forward and leaving gaps. He played midfield really early in his career too if I remember rightly