Jump to content

Recommended Posts

9 minutes ago, Inspector Lestrade said:

 

Was very impressed that he has took my advice and that showed in his performance.  A deserved MOM from OT.  

 

 

 

Probably not the first time in our history but that's some achievement to be our MOM when not even playing :ghoulguy:lol

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Inspector Lestrade said:

 

 

Yeah, but the clever glory seeker ingratiates himself with fellow fans by name dropping players from yesteryear. 

 

You have now convinced me that you're a true Wednesday fan.

Thanks for that, your approval means the world to me.

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, The Night-Owl said:

 

Probably not the first time in our history but that's some achievement to be our MOM when not even playing :ghoulguy:lol

 

Oh come on please, was referring to his last game.  It was obvious that Palmer was the best player last night   

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

It's such a tricky position. 

 

Imagine being the youth of any team, worried about letting the team down. 

 

The remit being, must avoid relegation. This is not the correct circumstance for youth to thrive.

 

All I'm seeing from our players is we'll close down - when we have too....and the youth being too scared to grab the game and take accountability. Sheep will only grow into wolves with game time, we need to afford them

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, daveyboy66 said:

Priceless... I'm a blade...your not related to Oscar Wilde are you by any chance lol

 

 

Who said you're a Blade?

Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, Buddy Repperton said:

What do you expect when we're shopping at aldi?

Due to terribly run club! 

Shopping at Man City is hardly Aldi is it. And I'd say they're a rather well run club.

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Hunts got potential to be a good player but he's not ready yet.

 

Dele is strong and has a trick or two but needs time to adjust

 

Penney, Looks good going forward but drifts in and out of games, I'm not convinced but he needs more time.

 

As fans we expect too much too soon. Let's not judge yet but also let's not throw them into the deep end too soon. Just give them starts in the right games and bring them on for 20 minutes when possible. Slow and steady and see what happens.

Some fans push for them to be given a run in the side, we can't take that chance yet. Let's get out of the relegation places then see. Too much pressure at present.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, Binky Griptite said:

I think he tends to do things in slow motion, I'd like to see more urgency from him

Without having a clue about how he played, it's fair to say that given his only recent football experience has been in U23 football with very little riding on any game, that's simply going to come with time.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 21/10/2020 at 22:15, GMOwl72 said:

Overall our transfer window was poor imo.

many fans saying they were happy with the business based on ‘numbers in’ before even seeing players perform (and some they won’t see perform until probably Christmas!)

We desperately lack quality all over the pitch and even players who do the basics well.

Think the transfer business was ruled by finance issues and the 12 point deduction. To be honest I think we have had a reasonable window. We were never going to spend millions or attract superstars but we have brought in the basis of a team that should hit are main target of staying in the championship. Some kid themselves on here about playoffs but I doubt that has even been on the agenda at management level in S6.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 22/10/2020 at 08:07, daveyboy66 said:

Waiting for the racist he's lazy jibe...he's a young kid thrown into the deep end...there's a player there

 

 

Love a bit of race baiting. Cop out comment

Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, cowl said:

 

I've said it before and I'll say it again: you utterly hate our fans.

 

Baseless accusations of racism now? When I think of players our fans would criticize for perceived laziness the names that immediately spring to mind are all white players (Brunt, Rudi, Sheridan...), in fact, I can't think of any black players we've had that our fans would habitually call lazy.

 

Bothroyd was lazy as fizz, lock me up now.

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, prowl said:

Hunts got potential to be a good player but he's not ready yet.

 

Dele is strong and has a trick or two but needs time to adjust

 

Penney, Looks good going forward but drifts in and out of games, I'm not convinced but he needs more time.

 

As fans we expect too much too soon. Let's not judge yet but also let's not throw them into the deep end too soon. Just give them starts in the right games and bring them on for 20 minutes when possible. Slow and steady and see what happens.

Some fans push for them to be given a run in the side, we can't take that chance yet. Let's get out of the relegation places then see. Too much pressure at present.

 

Agree with that but Penney is 22 now ?  he should be developed enough especially after playing in Germany all last season.

Hopefully he'll get another chance and show the much heralded promise.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

There's definitely something about him.

I wonder if he's finding a fitness gap between the championship and his previous football?

It could be as simple as that..

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Doctor Duran said:

 

Agree with that but Penney is 22 now ?  he should be developed enough especially after playing in Germany all last season.

Hopefully he'll get another chance and show the much heralded promise.

He came in and was the wonder kid, was going to an England International according to some.. 

Jos set his development back playing him all over the place and in unfamiliar positions he wasn't good at. 

 

Now he's a crap league one player on here with some. 

For me he definately needs game time this season either Lb or LWB. To regain that confidence and get more championship experience under his belt, German league two football is definitely a different animal to the championship. 

Didn't do too much wrong those first couple of games of the season. 

 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Costello 77 said:

There's definitely something about him.

I wonder if he's finding a fitness gap between the championship and his previous football?

It could be as simple as that..

Total difference in pace of the game. 

Pysicality and of course the championship is far more intense than under 23's.

Add to that the pressure of the points deduction, if he's not quite strong enough mentally then he'll be afraid to make costly mistakes that can lose you the game. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, 360wiseowl said:

Monks fighting for his job though pal. 
Talks about consistency- let’s look at monks team selections for consistency.

The paint is drying up- you watch

Monk is not fighting for his job. That's a ridiculous statement.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...