Pelupessy made a difference when he came on

5 minutes ago, hugeowl said:

I recall some one said Dele but cannot remember anyone saying Joey 

Having said that if he had started Joey and we had the same result he would still have got pelters , be honest most people cannot believe he got another contract 

just shows how short we are in the middle 

People want Joey to be what he is not, that's the problem.  if they just accepted him for what he is, a backup defensive midfielder for a middle of the road championship team he probably would get half the stick he does. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, pazowl55 said:

People want Joey to be what he is not, that's the problem.  if they just accepted him for what he is, a backup defensive midfielder for a middle of the road championship team he probably would get half the stick he does. 

It’s not his fault but he should have been replaced also being as short in the middle as we are we should have kept Kieran Lee , let’s hope we get some bodies back for Saturday 

1 minute ago, hugeowl said:

It’s not his fault but he should have been replaced also being as short in the middle as we are we should have kept Kieran Lee , let’s hope we get some bodies back for Saturday 

Let Joey sit in front of the centre backs with two other midfielders infront of him and he is ok.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, pazowl55 said:

Let Joey sit in front of the centre backs with two other midfielders infront of him and he is ok.

No he isn’t, he absolutely kills your game going forward

And we basically never win when Dawson and JP start

Look it up, it’s like 4 wins in 3 seasons or smth mad

9 minutes ago, McRightSide said:

No he isn’t, he absolutely kills your game going forward

And we basically never win when Dawson and JP start

Look it up, it’s like 4 wins in 3 seasons or smth mad

I never said we would win. I just said he would play ok. Which he does.

1 hour ago, hugeowl said:

If Monk had started Joey he would have got pelters

JP was always going to be the better option to start than Hunt.

Hunt is far too lightweight, he'd be OK with a couple of strong midfielders alongside him but to have just him and Bannan in centre midfield we were always going to be bossed there. 

That was obvious to most who saw the line up before the game. Except for Monk, who probably knew after about 20 mins he'd made an error with his selection.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, McRightSide said:

Well you actually said ‘he is ok’ - which I don’t think he is in the context of what a team is trying to achieve

Try him behind Brown and Bannan and they may compensate for his lack of attacking intent. 

The first half proved you need someone to sit infront of the defence and make tackles. The fact Luongo has the most in the championship also proves this. At this moment intime if Luongo is injured, Pelupessy is our only option. It down to Monk to get the rest of the team right to attack.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Pelupessy is good at running into the back of their players and giving needless free kicks away. But in fairness Hunt didn't get anywhere near their players to give free kicks away.

In summary both are below what's currently required. Hunt does however have time on his side though our current situation won't help his development, he should have been loaned out so we could have brought a more experienced ball winning midfielder in. Another mistake in our summer recruitment.

What a mess.

9 hours ago, beswetherick said:

Hunt looks like a player when he’s got the ball, but he’s got a lot of work to do on his game without the ball

I have said from the start.

Its either Bannan or Hunt. They should NEVER play together in a team. Far too similar in that they are lightweight and play the same style.

FDB or Pelupessy should have started tonight.

Oh and Onion Bhaji should never be put in the back 3 ever again!!!  

I'm not Pelupessy's biggest fan and questioned his contract renewal, but he looks a much better player this season, even if it is just to give us a different option in midfield. He was needed last night to stop the alamo in the first half. Feel for Hunt as it probably wasn't the best game for him to make his mark, but he did a couple of good things despite looking like a deer caught in the headlights at times.

That sub at half-time should've been avoided by actually starting with Pelupessy yesterday in Luongo's absence...

There... can't believe I just said I would've started with Pelupessy, but at least, Monk showed he made a sensible substitution at half time to regain control in midfield...

Now I'm biting my nails as to when Luongo returns because we REALLY needed him yesterday.

12 hours ago, shandypants said:

No intended disrespect to Hunt but maybe Pelupessy ought to have been brought on in the first half when it became apparent that the game was passing Hunt by. I thought that Pelupessy was one of the few positives tonight. 

Pelupessy is utter pants. EVERY pass he made was backwards and he hasn’t a creative bone in his foot.

Hunt is a very good player but needs good players around him. Baz never gives him the ball but demands it from him even when there’s a better pass on.

Really...just watch them in midfield it’s not good. Brentford showed how midfields work well. 

Adam Reach

Joey Pelupessy

Jordan Rhodes

Three names that are just not good enough, I think whatever happened to Rhodes has now been passed on to Reach, they've both just lost it.

In Pelupessy's case, he's never had it to lose. Terrible player IMO.

I know we have injuries ATM but a manager has to have a plan for all eventualities, if these 3 are his go to guys then I'm afraid it's going to be an even longer season than we were looking forward too.

7 minutes ago, full fathom five said:

Don't agree regarding Reach, wasn't as effective second half but was our best player in the first half going forward and tracking back.

He's gone from an attacking, forward thinking player to a nervous, negative player, the amount of times he played the ball backwards when he could have either run with the ball or made a forward pass was astounding, I was probably watching a different match.garymegson