'The keeper parries it'

23 minutes ago, Ian said:

He didn't put it anywhere......he stopped it with his arm and it went where it went....any one who thinks he put it there on purpose is a sandwich short

Comparing a point blank save vs a long range bread and butter one is a much better definition of being a sandwich short

14 hours ago, mattitheowl said:

I do love the idea that from a shot hit at 60mph the keeper can fully control where he parries it in the 0.2s he has to react.  Not Bannan's fault for standing like a statue instead of tracking his man.  No no, hang the keeper out to dry.

Disagree. We have keepers because they are meant to keep the ball from going in the net when a routine shot at this level comes at them. Dawson didn’t do his job. As a keeper you’ve got to expect to make saves, and he cost us that goal by not doing his job correctly. Yes you can blame bannan and the rest of the team, but at the end of the day it’s a save to be made and he’s made a hash of it. 

5 minutes ago, Derbyshireowl3 said:

Disagree. We have keepers because they are meant to keep the ball from going in the net when a routine shot at this level comes at them. Dawson didn’t do his job. As a keeper you’ve got to expect to make saves, and he cost us that goal by not doing his job correctly. Yes you can blame bannan and the rest of the team, but at the end of the day it’s a save to be made and he’s made a hash of it. 

By your own logic you've just said he did his job!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just not bothered...

I said a couple of weeks ago when we were all discussing our keepers that my issue with Dawson is not his ability to stop shots but his inability to divert them into non dangerous areas. Over a season I said it would ultimately cost us points and Brentford clearly picked up on the same.

Cant remember the actual game but earlier in the season he parried 3 or 4 straight back out and I know Harris then cleared 2 of them and think Van Aken another but that was luck more than anything. 

22 minutes ago, Swiss Toni said:

I said a couple of weeks ago when we were all discussing our keepers that my issue with Dawson is not his ability to stop shots but his inability to divert them into non dangerous areas. Over a season I said it would ultimately cost us points and Brentford clearly picked up on the same.

Cant remember the actual game but earlier in the season he parried 3 or 4 straight back out and I know Harris then cleared 2 of them and think Van Aken another but that was luck more than anything. 

Tbf I think everyone said that

Except Ian, who said we were all stupid and Dawson is amazing and never does anything wrong

• Haha 1

36 minutes ago, Swiss Toni said:

Why is it luck when he parries it to one of our players but rubbish when he parries it to one of theirs?

Guest wilyfox
1 hour ago, Ian said:

He didn't put it anywhere......he stopped it with his arm and it went where it went....any one who thinks he put it there on purpose is a sandwich short

bullshít. Always awareness of where the ball goes. 

35 minutes ago, McRightSide said:

I’m more concerned that yet another goal was scored in the middle of the goal...when the keeper was right there.

Exactly, I thought he was poor for the 2nd goal.

The ball went in the middle of the goal, almost at Dawson. He did a good impression of a statue and it even looked like he moved his right arm out of the way of the ball.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Ian said:

Why is it luck when he parries it to one of our players but rubbish when he parries it to one of theirs?

Because he doesn’t know who he’s partying it too. If he did he wouldn’t be partying it back in the 6 yard box still. I rate him for his reaction saves but Flahavan must get to work on his awareness etc. 

12 minutes ago, Tommy Crawshaw said:

Exactly, I thought he was poor for the 2nd goal.

The ball went in the middle of the goal, almost at Dawson. He did a good impression of a statue and it even looked like he moved his right arm out of the way of the ball.

Garbage, poor defending, bullet header wrong footing the keeper. Toney had a free header, thats just basic bad defending.

3 hours ago, smhouston said:

I'm sorry, but the defense of Dawson for that parry is unbelievable. He has to be pushing it to the side, not back in to the middle. Poor keeping. It's not like he even saw it late from how he started to position himself, he fully expected the shot from the looks of the replays. It would be good to see a view from behind the goal to see his viewpoint

Poor by Bannan too by playing for offside but not playing to the whistle, and whoever it was at the RB at the time (Windass I think?) for not staying alert watching the line thus keeping him on

How about blaming the GK coach. If it keeps happening, why aren't they rectifying it in training. TBH Wildsmith and even Westwood have done the same. 

I don't get the constant player bashing, It was Fox and Nuhiu last season and before, now it's Joey, Van Aken,  Reach and Dawson. I'm sure fans like to see us lose just so that they can have ago at these players, even if it's nothing to do with them.

Why can't it ever simply be that the opposition played better than us. It happens. I swear people on here would be angry if we played Barcelona and lost!!!

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Asio otus said:

Garbage, poor defending, bullet header wrong footing the keeper. Toney had a free header, thats just basic bad defending.

Watch it again, it wasn't a 'bullet' header. CD's reactions were far too slow, straight at him and he wasn't alert enough.