'The keeper parries it'

9 minutes ago, McRightSide said:

Tbf that is still relatively young for a first choice Championship keeper.

I bet he’s one of the younger ones 

He’s two years older than Henderson and five years older than Meslier at Leeds.

Pickford was 24 at the last World Cup as England’s number 1.

Dawson should be just about at his peak now 

Sorry but he's not good enough.

It's not just that goal tonight and his pushing the ball back out straight to the strikers but for me it's his lack of command of the area that confirms it.

How many times from corners and crosses coming in is he just rooted to the spot, doesn't come for the ball even if it's dropping around the 6 yard  box. 

Also how often do the opposition have a shot on goal and he doesn't even attempt to save it, just stands still and watches it flash past him. They had a few tonight that were close but no reaction form CD and the 2nd goal.

We have a far better keeper on our payroll who's sat at home, it's frustrating.

1 hour ago, mattitheowl said:

I do love the idea that from a shot hit at 60mph the keeper can fully control where he parries it in the 0.2s he has to react.  Not Bannan's fault for standing like a statue instead of tracking his man.  No no, hang the keeper out to dry.

You’ll be telling me next Nadal has no idea where he’s hitting a service return and when Ben Stokes cracks a fast ball to the boundary it’s pot luck. 

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, McRightSide said:

Meslier wasn’t first choice 

Henderson was/is an elite Premier League keeper on loan in the Championship 

Hardly comparable 

Meslier has been first choice since restart in March.

Agreed on Henderson but you can’t use the argument ‘he’s young’.  At 25 he should be in his peak years and judged as a senior pro

2 minutes ago, pat blondeau said:

Meslier has been first choice since restart in March.

Agreed on Henderson but you can’t use the argument ‘he’s young’.  At 25 he should be in his peak years and judged as a senior pro

Why was Meslier playing? He wasn’t playing by choice...

Kiko was clear first choice

1 hour ago, mattitheowl said:

I do love the idea that from a shot hit at 60mph the keeper can fully control where he parries it in the 0.2s he has to react.  Not Bannan's fault for standing like a statue instead of tracking his man.  No no, hang the keeper out to dry.

Nobody is hanging him out to dry, fans are critiquing his performance. He playing in goal in the Championship and by the standards at this level, that was poor. The opposition player even highlighted the fact it is something they are aware of as a trait in our keeper. Watch it back, most keepers at this level would be disappointed with that as they would expect to be able to direct it away from the danger area.