Jump to content

'The keeper parries it'


Recommended Posts

2 minutes ago, Nut said:

Toney just said 'we know the keeper parries it a yard either side'. Clearly targetted him with the long shots first half. 

So do most keepers

 

how many of our shots did their keeper save and hold or push for a corner?

 

 

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Ian said:

So do most keepers

 

how many of our shots did their keeper save and hold or push for a corner?

 

 

Or push back towards our forwards. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Ian said:

So do most keepers

 

how many of our shots did their keeper save and hold or push for a corner?

 

 


Plenty. I wouldn’t even try to compare the 2, it’ll get quite embarrassing.
 

Dawson made a meal of a fairly routine save and, it cost us.

  • Like 8
Link to post
Share on other sites

Must also know we wouldn't close down the original shot or anyone follow the ball, just stand their like fannie's waving their hands in the air. 

 

Room for improvement by Dawson with regard to technique, but first priority is to stop a well struck goal bound shot, done.

 

Reasonable to expect more of his teammates. 

  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

More concerned how our team was in no man's land 

 

First no one with 20 yards of the playing having the first poo then second our defender on the far left walking forward to keep the goalscorer onside

Awful goal to concede all round 

 

The second was just as comical

A makeshift cb marking their best player 

 

 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, 0wl18 said:


Plenty. I wouldn’t even try to compare the 2, it’ll get quite embarrassing.
 

Dawson made a meal of a fairly routine save and, it cost us.

We didn’t even have plenty of shots on target.....and one of them ended up in the net. You are clearly making stuff up 

Link to post
Share on other sites

I wasnt particularly slagging Dawson but a lot of fans have said he does this too often. I was pointing out that the opposition have also picked up on it and targetted him accordingly. 

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, mattitheowl said:

I do love the idea that from a shot hit at 60mph the keeper can fully control where he parries it in the 0.2s he has to react.  Not Bannan's fault for standing like a statue instead of tracking his man.  No no, hang the keeper out to dry.

Shhhh 

Bannan was great for Brentford tonight

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Nut said:

Toney just said 'we know the keeper parries it a yard either side'. Clearly targetted him with the long shots first half. 

If Toney was anticipating the keeper might parry the ball, then one of our defenders should have also been anticipating this and, at the very least, made an effort to get to the ball before Toney did, instead of just standing there watching.

  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Nut said:

I wasnt particularly slagging Dawson but a lot of fans have said he does this too often. I was pointing out that the opposition have also picked up on it and targetted him accordingly. 

 
It’s fooooooking obvious

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, mattitheowl said:

I do love the idea that from a shot hit at 60mph the keeper can fully control where he parries it in the 0.2s he has to react.  Not Bannan's fault for standing like a statue instead of tracking his man.  No no, hang the keeper out to dry.


From that distance, goalkeepers absolutely have control over where the ball goes. It’s what they’re in the team to do. If you can’t hold it, make sure it goes well away from danger. It’s taught at a very young age. No excuse for not getting the ball away from danger, he got there with plenty of time to spare so should arguably have held it.

  • Like 7
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, 0wl18 said:


From that distance, goalkeepers absolutely have control over where the ball goes. It’s what they’re in the team to do. If you can’t hold it, make sure it goes well away from danger. It’s taught at a very young age. No excuse for not getting the ball away from danger, he got there with plenty of time to spare so should arguably have held it.

 

Yeah and you're taught to land a corner on the penalty spot but how many times do corner takers manage that?

 

It's easy to say what he should have done, I'm sure Dawson didn't WANT to just drop it on a plate for Toney, but you can't always control where it goes.  Christ if no keeper ever couldn't control every shot there would be no goals ever!

  • Haha 2

Just not bothered...

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, 0wl18 said:


From that distance, goalkeepers absolutely have control over where the ball goes. It’s what they’re in the team to do. If you can’t hold it, make sure it goes well away from danger. It’s taught at a very young age. No excuse for not getting the ball away from danger, he got there with plenty of time to spare so should arguably have held it.

Plenty of time to spare.....Christ people have been smoking some funny stuff tonight

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...