Ivan Toney

Guest Laurena

Seems to have been around for years but still only 24. Wish we had had a punt on him while he was at Newcastle and went to Peterborough for £650000. Still we had £10.4 million Rhodes so probably didn't need a new young striker.

12 hours ago, mattitheowl said:

So a thread about Ivan Toney is actually just one to slag off Dawson.  Brilliant. lol

Don't worry, it will quickly turn into:

- Van Aken is rubbish

- Monk out

- Westwood should play

- Odubajo is crap

- Rhodes cost too much

- Let's have more Nuhiu appreciation

- DC has ruined this club

- Get fans back to get Monk out

- I have nothing to moan about so I am moaning about having nothing to moan about

- Bullen should be manager

Never look at the thread title, just keep the above in mind before reading any thread. The title is usually click bait.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Guest Therealrealist
12 hours ago, S36 OWL said:

Brentford keep on finding lower league gems year after year. We could learn a lot from their scouting network. 

Your not allowed to praise brentford on here..it causes meltdowns for a few regulars

Excellent player. But he had an easy ride first half, second half we handled him much better and he didn’t get much of a sniff. 

Who thought it would be a good idea for Moses to mark him for that corner?? The weakest player marking their strongest player. Crackers. 

5 minutes ago, Bluesteel said:

That is a weakness Dawson needs to address.

Toney is a decent player but criticising another player in an interview makes him look a helmet. Especially when Toney has been binned off in his career before. 

I missed that, what did he say?

Seriously guys, some of you need to get a grip on reality.  We are a lower half Championship team, we aren't going to be signing Manuel Neuer or Alison Becker any time soon.  And more to the point, you show me a keeper who doesn't make the odd mistake and I'll show you a computer game.

Could Dawson have done better with that shot, perhaps a little.  Was it a complete howler?  No.

Christ I'm old enough to remember us having the England goalkeeper and he threw one in his own net in a cup final!

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Just not bothered...

2 minutes ago, mattitheowl said:

Seriously guys, some of you need to get a grip on reality.  We are a lower half Championship team, we aren't going to be signing Manuel Neuer or Alison Becker any time soon.  And more to the point, you show me a keeper who doesn't make the odd mistake and I'll show you a computer game.

Could Dawson have done better with that shot, perhaps a little.  Was it a complete howler?  No.

Christ I'm old enough to remember us having the England goalkeeper and he threw one in his own net in a cup final!

Quite agree... It was hardly a howler many goalkeepers would have struggled with that shot.  Other players should have reacted a quicker, how come he was all by himself when he hit it, no one challenging him?

Someone should have took a yellow for him early doors (Don't mean it literally, but you know what I mean).  Maybe when a team have a player of that calibre we should think about man marking them or at least crowd them out at set pieces. 

19 minutes ago, Therealrealist said:

Your not allowed to praise brentford on here..it causes meltdowns for a few regulars

It's becoming a bit a boring though, Brentford have found a model which works for them but that doesn't mean it will work for every club.  Though we should be looking to see if we can learn from them in areas.

28 minutes ago, mattitheowl said:

you dont even have to go back that far.....the current England keeper makes far more mistakes than Dawson

13 hours ago, ruscol85 said:

The keeper parries shots a yard either side of him. We knew that before the game...

Dawson is f*****g awful

Made up for it later in the half with a good save.

Toney was the difference last night, other wise it would have been a boring 0-0.

To be honest, and based on last night alone, I cannot see Brentford bothering the top 6 this season, as for us, we are a W.I.P still and will finish between 15 - 20th.

1 hour ago, adelphi1867 said:

Made up for it later in the half with a good save.

Toney was the difference last night, other wise it would have been a boring 0-0.

To be honest, and based on last night alone, I cannot see Brentford bothering the top 6 this season, as for us, we are a W.I.P still and will finish between 15 - 20th.

Are you blaming Toney for our goal?

29 minutes ago, The Night-Owl said:

Wish we could spot players like Toney or Watkins, etc early in in their careers before their value sky rockets. Said it during the window, that we should have taken a punt on someone like Tristan Abrahams at Newport, by the time of the next window his value might have risen. 

If the likes of us can spot them then surely the club must know of them too.