Jump to content

Recommended Posts

2 hours ago, TodwickOwl said:

Marriott and Windass might as well pack their bags if that’s our game plan against any other sides - booting it up park for scraps.

We cut two of our likely goalscorer out of the game with long balls to wings and up to front.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, archieswfc said:

I thought we were ok tonight. Certainly good enough to stay up if we play like that every week. Brentford are a good side and so far would be my tip to win the league. No disgrace at all tonight. Onwards and upwards. Three winnable games coming up. We'll see where we are in a fortnight, that'll give us a better idea of our fate. 

Comparing the way we attack compared to them, it showed how old fashioned we are and despite his well taken goal, we noe have an old fashioned centre forward full of pushing,  barging and pulling.

Link to post
Share on other sites

At least half of that team looked out of their depth this evening.

 

Which is a worry.

 

Only thing that helps in this regard is that Brentford looked like Wolves did the other season.  A cut above most of the Championship cloggers.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

We were beaten by a better team tonight.

 

But we were also beaten by Colin's Rotherham here a few seasons ago, and we were better than them.

 

We're now in a similar predicament to the Millers, and Colin has the profile of the type of manager who'd keep us up.

 

Namely, experienced, cunning, nasty - a manager who knows every trick in the book and a few more besides.

 

A manager who can get good results with mediocre players, and they don't come much more mediocre than us these days.

 

Monk is no Colin, which is why we're doomed.

Link to post
Share on other sites

As soon as I saw the teamsheet, I wasn't expecting anything out of the game 

 

The embarrassing thing for Monk though, is ultimately, we lost because Odubajo was marking Toney from set pieces 

  • Like 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, meggoisgod said:

I have eyes

Right ok fair enough. Even thou Brentford we’re the better side I always thought we was in it. Also with a depleted side.

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites

No complaints from me. 

 

Lower the expectations, relax, and try and enjoy the journey. 

 

Thought Harris looked tenacious. Some good battles down that side. 

 

Harsh on Hunt from some. Patience required for our young uns. 

 

You can't deny we put a major shift in. Worked hard and at times pushed a really good team. 

 

Well done Wednesday 

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, edwinowl said:

They’re a good side and will be there at the end. Thought we played well and deserved something. No complaints from me tonight. 

Very good side but we huffed and puffed and never looked like winning

Link to post
Share on other sites

Honestly, some of you people really do need to get a reality check. I'd have happily taken a point before the game tonight, against one of the better teams in the league.

 

I didn't think the starting line-up last night was great, especially with Hunt alongside Bannan. Hunt will be a great player I am sure, but their CB's were playing balls through our lines too easily in the first half. Monk made the decision to change that at half time, and in the second half we competed better and had them on the ropes for a good 20 minutes, without having the quality to get the ball across the line. And that lack of quality is comparative to Brentfords, with Jansson, Pinnock and the impressive Henry keeping us at bay.

 

Stop flapping, chill out and as someone has already posted, lower your expectations, but also take of your Owls tinted glasses sometimes and give credit to the opposition when it is due.

 

  • Like 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, ChapSmurf said:

Honestly, some of you people really do need to get a reality check. I'd have happily taken a point before the game tonight, against one of the better teams in the league.

 

I didn't think the starting line-up last night was great, especially with Hunt alongside Bannan. Hunt will be a great player I am sure, but their CB's were playing balls through our lines too easily in the first half. Monk made the decision to change that at half time, and in the second half we competed better and had them on the ropes for a good 20 minutes, without having the quality to get the ball across the line. And that lack of quality is comparative to Brentfords, with Jansson, Pinnock and the impressive Henry keeping us at bay.

 

Stop flapping, chill out and as someone has already posted, lower your expectations, but also take of your Owls tinted glasses sometimes and give credit to the opposition when it is due.

 

My expectations under Monk couldn't possibly be any lower. Still doesn't alter the fact that we keep losing.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Issue for me isn’t that game tonight just on it’s own. 

 

Brentford never really had to get out of 3rd gear tonight. We huffed and puffed without ever really hurting them. 
 

HIllsborough has never been an easier place to come and take points. 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, 0114 said:

Issue for me isn’t that game tonight just on it’s own. 

 

Brentford never really had to get out of 3rd gear tonight. We huffed and puffed without ever really hurting them. 
 

HIllsborough has never been an easier place to come and take points. 

And will continue to be so under Monk

Link to post
Share on other sites
57 minutes ago, ChapSmurf said:

Honestly, some of you people really do need to get a reality check. I'd have happily taken a point before the game tonight, against one of the better teams in the league.

 

I didn't think the starting line-up last night was great, especially with Hunt alongside Bannan. Hunt will be a great player I am sure, but their CB's were playing balls through our lines too easily in the first half. Monk made the decision to change that at half time, and in the second half we competed better and had them on the ropes for a good 20 minutes, without having the quality to get the ball across the line. And that lack of quality is comparative to Brentfords, with Jansson, Pinnock and the impressive Henry keeping us at bay.

 

Stop flapping, chill out and as someone has already posted, lower your expectations, but also take of your Owls tinted glasses sometimes and give credit to the opposition when it is due.

 

The problem is that monk has been here over a year and how many times has he changed it at half time because he has got his team wrong. 

His line ups 

Subs 

Tactics 

 

Are all wrong. 

 

People happy with the second half. We were chasing a game and didn't have a single meaningful shot at goal should we be happy with that? We were playing Brentford not man City 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Kenners3896 said:

The problem is that monk has been here over a year and how many times has he changed it at half time because he has got his team wrong. 

His line ups 

Subs 

Tactics 

 

Are all wrong. 

 

People happy with the second half. We were chasing a game and didn't have a single meaningful shot at goal should we be happy with that? We were playing Brentford not man City 

I really cant understand why you'd play Hunt and Bannan, two lightweights in the middle against a Brentfors side who play 3 in the middle and probably the best technical team in the league.

Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, full fathom five said:

My expectations under Monk couldn't possibly be any lower. Still doesn't alter the fact that we keep losing.

 

We keep losing?!? What are you expecting, going on a Huddersfield type run of 4855 games without a loss? No team in the world does that. Villa 7 Liverpool 2. Man Utd 1 Spurs 6.

 

We are missing Irofa, Brown, Lees, Luongo and Dunkley is yet to start. And yet, in the second half we more than competed with one of the best teams in the league. Come on!

 

There are too many people on here who just love to point the finger at the manager without taking any consideration of the facts.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, ChapSmurf said:

 

We keep losing?!? What are you expecting, going on a Huddersfield type run of 4855 games without a loss? No team in the world does that. Villa 7 Liverpool 2. Man Utd 1 Spurs 6.

 

We are missing Irofa, Brown, Lees, Luongo and Dunkley is yet to start. And yet, in the second half we more than competed with one of the best teams in the league. Come on!

 

There are too many people on here who just love to point the finger at the manager without taking any consideration of the facts.

Facts, look at our home record if you want facts. No excuses it's abysmal.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...