Jump to content

WEDNESDAY - V- BRENTFORD omdt


Recommended Posts

Got beat by a very good side that will be right up there 

Having said that we are really running on fumes at the moment, I reckon with Luongo, Iorfa and Brown playing tonight we get something out of the game , having to rely on Hunt Dele and Pelupessy is going to kill us 

I thought after Saturday Reach was back but he had a shocker tonight 

Having to start with a back 4 of Odabajo Flint Van Aken and Reach against Toni and co was never going to end well 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, Stevelknievel said:

We lost


So that means I can’t congratulate the team for a good effort? 
Opposition a good side and we adjusted well for the second half to put in a very admirable performance that would win most games this season.

 

SO THERE!..

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, slinger208b said:


So that means I can’t congratulate the team for a good effort? 
Opposition a good side and we adjusted well for the second half to put in a very admirable performance that would win most games this season.

 

SO THERE!..

No you can’t....SO THERE, THERE!

 

lol

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, hirstyboywonder said:

 

Easy to write it off like that.

Brentford have lost to Preston and Birmingham this season and drawn with Millwall. First away win for them in the league, hope we get our 2nd home win of the year on Saturday. 

We beat Birmingham, what’s your point. They were the best team we’ve played this season by far.

A team we’ve played without four of our better players. A centre half with only his second game. A wing back playing centre half. An Academy product replacing our best player this season. A front 2 that have never played together, one of them his first game for us and his first start for months.

Both Sky panelist’s think we are a decent side and will be okay. All Sky commentators praised Monk for his tactical changes at half time.

A bit of perspective and a reality check is needed.

Brentford are far in front of us In their development as a team and we’re losing finalists last year. Oh and a little thing of a striker that cost approx 5 times more than our whole starting eleven. 
 

  • Like 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Willow Owl said:

We beat Birmingham, what’s your point. They were the best team we’ve played this season by far.

A team we’ve played without four of our better players. A centre half with only his second game. A wing back playing centre half. An Academy product replacing our best player this season. A front 2 that have never played together, one of them his first game for us and his first start for months.

Both Sky panelist’s think we are a decent side and will be okay. All Sky commentators praised Monk for his tactical changes at half time.

A bit of perspective and a reality check is needed.

Brentford are far in front of us In their development as a team and we’re losing finalists last year. Oh and a little thing of a striker that cost approx 5 times more than our whole starting eleven. 
 

 

How about not play a wing back at CB and change the system to suit the players available? Cost us a goal having a wing-back marking a striker at set pieces and doesn't help the all round play.

 

Brentford have been a good side for a few seasons but even last season when we had a team of alleged wasters we were able to beat them at home, might even have been the last time we managed to score 2 at home - last year!

 

Its true our season won't depend on matches like this, more then need to beat teams like QPR at home, lets see how we do in the next 3 games that we should be looking for 9 points from.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, hirstyboywonder said:

 

How about not play a wing back at CB and change the system to suit the players available? Cost us a goal having a wing-back marking a striker at set pieces and doesn't help the all round play.

 

Brentford have been a good side for a few seasons but even last season when we had a team of alleged wasters we were able to beat them at home, might even have been the last time we managed to score 2 at home - last year!

 

Its true our season won't depend on matches like this, more then need to beat teams like QPR at home, lets see how we do in the next 3 games that we should be looking for 9 points from.

That wing back also had a decent game Saturday. He was out muscled by Toney, but have a look at what Windass does. He’s positioned at the front of the six yard box but inexplicably drops to the goal line. If he would have stayed there he would have had a simple header away. 
I agree the next three games could be pivotal to where we finish. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, full fathom five said:

Being playoff finalists really helped us out the following season didn't it?

 

I expect a game plan, i expect people to mark their man, i expect our manager to learn from his mistakes (see oddjob marking Toney again 2nd half from corner) (see Dawson forever pushing shots straight out in dangerous areas again), i expect us to have a shot on target second half when chasing the game, i expect to have won a few home games since February!!!

 

Nobody has said we have a top 6 squad so is totally irrelevant.

 

I cannot remember Toney scoring or coming close to scoring from a  corner in the second half.

So did Monk have to learn from his mistake or did Odubajo learn from his mistake?

Not being physically strong when marking.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Willow Owl said:

We beat Birmingham, what’s your point. They were the best team we’ve played this season by far.

A team we’ve played without four of our better players. A centre half with only his second game. A wing back playing centre half. An Academy product replacing our best player this season. A front 2 that have never played together, one of them his first game for us and his first start for months.

Both Sky panelist’s think we are a decent side and will be okay. All Sky commentators praised Monk for his tactical changes at half time.

A bit of perspective and a reality check is needed.

Brentford are far in front of us In their development as a team and we’re losing finalists last year. Oh and a little thing of a striker that cost approx 5 times more than our whole starting eleven. 
 

 

Lost count the number of the times Monk has cost us by starting with the wrong players and having to change it at half time because it's not working and we're getting beat.

 

It was obvious to most when seeing the line up that Hunt and Bannan as a midfield two was far too lightweight and would struggle.

I'm afraid with Hunt it was men against boys and while not a world beater, Pelupessy helped shore the midfield up and we at least drew the 2nd half.

JP should have started, massive mistake by the manager.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Willow Owl said:

A wing back playing centre half. An Academy product replacing our best player this season. A front 2 that have never played together, one of them his first game for us and his first start for months.


This all didn’t happen by magic or as a result of some cruel twist of fate.

Monk chose to play Moses at centre half. He had (in my opinion much better options): Borner, Patterson, or switch to a back four. 
Monk chose to select Hunt alongside Bannan. He had options (in my opinion much better) options: Joey, Fizzy, Palmer.  

Monk chose to start with a front 2 that have never played together against one of the leagues best teams. He had options. The manager must take responsibility for his decisions and must be accountable when those decisions don’t pay off

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Tommy Crawshaw said:

 

Lost count the number of the times Monk has cost us by starting with the wrong players and having to change it at half time because it's not working and we're getting beat.

 

It was obvious to most when seeing the line up that Hunt and Bannan as a midfield two was far too lightweight and would struggle.

I'm afraid with Hunt it was men against boys and while not a world beater, Pelupessy helped shore the midfield up and we at least drew the 2nd half.

JP should have started, massive mistake by the manager.

It was obvious to most (with hindsight) Hunt has deservedly been in and around the starting eleven this season and a lot have been clamouring for him to be given a start. The manager gave him his chance and I’m afraid he still has a lot to learn. However others more experienced didn’t help with their poor defensive first half display. If he’d have started with Joey he’d have ripped a new one. 
To be fair to Joey, he played well when he came on.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, hugeowl said:

Got beat by a very good side that will be right up there 

Having said that we are really running on fumes at the moment, I reckon with Luongo, Iorfa and Brown playing tonight we get something out of the game , having to rely on Hunt Dele and Pelupessy is going to kill us 

I thought after Saturday Reach was back but he had a shocker tonight 

Having to start with a back 4 of Odabajo Flint Van Aken and Reach against Toni and co was never going to end well 

I thought it was a back 3 with Harris and Reach as wingbacks. 

Apart from the cross for the goal I thought Harris didn't contribute much. Reach was pretty good first half but didn't get much going to him second. It all seemed to be going through Harris. 

Cant remember him getting many crosses in. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Lawrie’s Left Peg said:


This all didn’t happen by magic or as a result of some cruel twist of fate.

Monk chose to play Moses at centre half. He had (in my opinion much better options): Borner, Patterson, or switch to a back four. 
Monk chose to select Hunt alongside Bannan. He had options (in my opinion much better) options: Joey, Fizzy, Palmer.  

Monk chose to start with a front 2 that have never played together against one of the leagues best teams. He had options. The manager must take responsibility for his decisions and must be accountable when those decisions don’t pay off

He started the same back 3 that kept a clean sheet Saturday. Borner is Left sided and playing like like he’s pulling a tug boat, Patterson is a centre forward and Palmer is returning from injury and never been a centre midfielder. We still have four of our best players missing with injury as well.  We’ve brought nine players in and teams don’t gell in their first games together and need time. The front 2 have to play together at some stage to build up an understanding or what’s the point.
What other options up front. In your team the guy who scored our goal would have been in defence. 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, DobbinTheDonkey said:

 

I cannot remember Toney scoring or coming close to scoring from a  corner in the second half.

So did Monk have to learn from his mistake or did Odubajo learn from his mistake?

Not being physically strong when marking.

Odabajo got bullied by Toney for the goal. On another day the ref could have given us a foul for Toney pulling and pushing. 

Moses did better second half and got Toney niggled on occasions. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...