WEDNESDAY - V- BRENTFORD omdt

5 minutes ago, Inspector Lestrade said:

As you always say its a forum for expressing your opinion.   

Yep

Not said otherwise in that post mate - read it again if you're confused

Here it is

I've got more of an issue with Wednesday fans who can't see how good Brentford are and are complaining about Sky saying how good they are, than I am with anything the commentators have said about Brentford being a good side tonight

• Love 1

Owlstalk Shop

21 minutes ago, james o connor said:

After the silly posts about finishing top ten at the weekend folk need to realise we are a poor side and to finish 21st would be brilliant . 21st is still achievable so carry on working towards that 

Jesus wept. We're not poor. We're average. Plus I'm sure we couldn't plan for three centre backs being injured in the same game.

Without the deduction on current results we'd have been in the top ten.

Can we just stop talking boolhocks please

• Like 2
  • Love 1

4 minutes ago, Flat Owl said:

spot on Mog.

Hunt is chasing shadows, ball watching and his positioning is terrible.

They are just slicing through us.

The boy is just not strong enough or aware of what happening around him.

Weak.

Midfield is weak. Trying to get Bannan to do what Luongo has done the last couple of matches is insane. Pelupessy would be better sat in front of the defence with Bannan pushed where Hunt is. 

Needs a rejig. 

Edited by G-Reg
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, SallyCinnamon said:

The best bit was when Rico Henry made an interception. He got there before Harris.

Sky completely glossed over the fact it was a weak pass by Marriott which left Harris chasing it. Instead it was unbelievable work by Henry when in reality it was a pretty routine piece of defending.

F off Sky.

Yep that was ridiculous, he simply outpaced him and made a tackle any decent defender would make. 

No denying that Brentford are a great side but it's the over the top adulation about every little thing that annoys 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, @owlstalk said:

So last season all teams just let Liverpool play good?

FFS

Come on now.... stop being silly

My point was it would be a different game should we contest more in midfield.

Having said that, not too disappointed at the moment and their defenders look suspect when trying to play out of defence.

Not over yet.

1 minute ago, theowlsman said:

I’m only crying about Dawson not pushing the ball wide from the shot, and Monk putting Odubajo up against Toney.

Just WTF?

It's not the first time we've had a mismatch at corners. One game we had Harris against a big guy. It cost us a goal.

It's not just the managers fault, the team should adapt. If they see a mismatch swap round.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

Whoever we played in central midfield tonight would have been a gamble, wouldn't they?

With no Brown or Luongo, we're down to a choice of Hunt, Pelupessy or Dele Bashiru.

You'd have thought signing a player with injury issues in brown, luongo spent more time injured last season than playing 

Monk would have gone out for another experienced midfielder but no, more interesting in filling striker roles with players who can't play upfront