Champions League 20-21 Thread

bradowl

Just seems like Pep went into some sort of tactical self indulgence last night.

He couldn't just win the game last night; he had to do it with some new, mind blowing formation/tactical set up.

No holding midfielder? The man is a genius etc.

The fact he thought the Champions League was the time to do it is bordering on full blown narccism.

Bonkers when you think about it.

• Like 2

52 minutes ago, SiJ said:

Just seems like Pep went into some sort of tactical self indulgence last night.

He couldn't just win the game last night; he had to do it with some new, mind blowing formation/tactical set up.

No holding midfielder? The man is a genius etc.

The fact he thought the Champions League was the time to do it is bordering on full blown narccism.

Bonkers when you think about it.

It is with hindsight definitely. I think he knew Chelsea would play so defensive, and so he could play Gundogan as CDM and be ok. The no striker has worked wonders most of the season too.

But they lost that match in midfield. Kante dominated, but Fernandinho or Rodri in there would have made it a different game 

Edited by FreshOwl

1 hour ago, Owls-Fan said:

This ^  leaving strikers like Aguero and Jesus on the bench is very bizarre.  I’d understand if Aguero was on the way down but he’s apparantly going to Barcelona,  so can’t be that bad now.  

Personally I’d like to see Man City start to decline now and teams like Man Utd and Chelsea kicking city and Liverpool out of touch next season.  

TBF Aguero does look finished at elite level to me

i don’t think KdB crying his eyes out was very helpful for the team because he had to go off. Like an emotional vampire IMO

Can it also be said that, regardless of who won last night, the one winner wasn't football.

Two mega wealthy football clubs who tried to destroy this competition a month ago.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Ellis Rimmer said:

TBF Aguero does look finished at elite level to me

i don’t think KdB crying his eyes out was very helpful for the team because he had to go off. Like an emotional vampire IMO

To be fair he walked into a challenge that broke his nose and fractured his eye socket. Thiago went off in tears too in the first half. 

51 minutes ago, hirstyboywonder said:

To be fair he walked into a challenge that broke his nose and fractured his eye socket. Thiago went off in tears too in the first half. 

What you’re suggesting he was crying as he was in pain like he’s 7 years old? lol 

16 minutes ago, Ellis Rimmer said:

What you’re suggesting he was crying as he was in pain like he’s 7 years old? lol 

Well no, he was obviously devastated that his injury took him out of impacting the game but how was his reaction any different to that of Thiago who sat with head in hands and shirt pulled up over his face even when they were winning? 

3 hours ago, hirstyboywonder said:

Well no, he was obviously devastated that his injury took him out of impacting the game but how was his reaction any different to that of Thiago who sat with head in hands and shirt pulled up over his face even when they were winning? 

He was crying out of disappointment but he should have sucked it up and told the team they could do it without him. 

1 hour ago, Ellis Rimmer said:

He was crying out of disappointment but he should have sucked it up and told the team they could do it without him. 

Same for Thiago, not sure why you are singling out De Bruyne for essentially the same thing. 

14 hours ago, Owls-Fan said:

This ^  leaving strikers like Aguero and Jesus on the bench is very bizarre.  I’d understand if Aguero was on the way down but he’s apparantly going to Barcelona,  so can’t be that bad now.  

Personally I’d like to see Man City start to decline now and teams like Man Utd and Chelsea kicking city and Liverpool out of touch next season.  

Each to their own.

I personally hope Liverpool and Man United lose almost every game they play. 2 clubs full of pr1cks

10 hours ago, hirstyboywonder said:

Same for Thiago, not sure why you are singling out De Bruyne for essentially the same thing. 

Because he is the main man and they lost. Also a true warrior would have played on. Kell Brook fought on with the same break!