Champions League 20-21 Thread

bradowl

Football on the continent is utterly pathetic. The Juve players reaction to the Porto number 9 ‘kicking the ball away’ is nothing short of embarrassing. There’s literally less than a second between the whistle being blown and, the ball leaving his boot. Pathetic.

34 minutes ago, Ellis Rimmer said:

Shame foden dragged that would’ve been an absolutely class goal. Foden looking the best young player on the pitch to me

Certainly a class above Haaland who gave the ball away a lot. He likes the flick around the corner but its a high risk pass at the top level. Probably gets away with it against weaker domestic teams.

• Like 1

We've had a week of pretty much every journalist and pundit telling us how much of an idiot Southgate is for dropping Trent from the England squad. 

He then goes and produces that utter rubbish. 

It's almost like they've piled on even more pressure onto the lad...

2 hours ago, Dore Owl said:

God knows how the ref disallowed that Dortmund goal. 

Absolute bullshit. The clown then blows up early so that VAR can’t intervene. I swear this game has been totally taken over by utter fuckwits who have never kicked a ball in their life. 

Mark Chapman made the perfect point on 5 Live. Referees favour the player who reacts badly to a 50/50 challenge 100% of the time. It’s a joke. 

Edited by owls maniac

13 hours ago, Ellis Rimmer said:

Shame foden dragged that would’ve been an absolutely class goal. Foden looking the best young player on the pitch to me

Seems like his career is progressing quite well eh........

14 hours ago, owls maniac said:

Absolute bullshit. The clown then blows up early so that VAR can’t intervene. I swear this game has been totally taken over by utter fuckwits who have never kicked a ball in their life. 

Mark Chapman made the perfect point on 5 Live. Referees favour the player who reacts badly to a 50/50 challenge 100% of the time. It’s a joke. 

Event though he blew early they should still be able to give a goal because there was no one near him and he put it in the net. Just use common sense in that situation. 

1 hour ago, flo said:

Event though he blew early they should still be able to give a goal because there was no one near him and he put it in the net. Just use common sense in that situation. 

Common sense doesn’t exist in football these days. The keeper fell to the floor, so of course the ref poo himself and gave a foul.