Champions League 20-21 Thread

bradowl

45 minutes ago, Oliver said:

He's 34 though, so surely a longer-term approach and developing Henderson would be more beneficial?

Looks like Poch is going back to Spurs. Utd missing a trick there. 

Meh Poch has won fizz all. Can you really say he would be able to close the gap with City? They would be better off going for Conte, but no way would the Glazers work with him.

3 minutes ago, SiJ said:

There is this weird thing about English teams and the UEFA cup (Europa).

We treat the thing with such derision and yet then expect our teams to stroll through and win it.

Scholes in particular has been so dismissive of the competition and the calibre of opposition Man U would face.

Perhaps part of the reason the Spanish sides succeed in it so often, is they treat the thing properly? 

Imagine what it will be like next season with Spurs in the conference league. The sniggering has already started. 

Too many Utd players didn’t turn up last night. Rachford had a shocker and Bruno and Pogba were poor.

I think Pogba is seriously overrated anyway. 

Utd should try and shift Pogba and De Gea this summer and both are on a reputed £350k a week which is quite frankly ridiculous.

Whilst we all know that Ole is not a top level manager like Klopp and Pep. Nowhere near. We also need to acknowledge that he has overachieved this year getting that squad to 2nd in the league. It’s not a 2nd in a league squad in my opinion and needs rebuilding. 

5 hours ago, Bouncing Owl said:

Too many Utd players didn’t turn up last night. Rachford had a shocker and Bruno and Pogba were poor.

I think Pogba is seriously overrated anyway. 

Utd should try and shift Pogba and De Gea this summer and both are on a reputed £350k a week which is quite frankly ridiculous.

Whilst we all know that Ole is not a top level manager like Klopp and Pep. Nowhere near. We also need to acknowledge that he has overachieved this year getting that squad to 2nd in the league. It’s not a 2nd in a league squad in my opinion and needs rebuilding. 

I think OGS has proved that just about anybody with a pulse should get the bug clubs into the top 4. However, he's lack of actual management ability has show the difference between him and guardiola and even Tuchel/Rodgers

20 hours ago, owls maniac said:

Wowzers

Is that stat right?

Atletico have lost a couple of Champions League finals in the last decade, admittedly they were both to Real Madrid though! 

1 hour ago, hirstyboywonder said:

Is that stat right?

Atletico have lost a couple of Champions League finals in the last decade, admittedly they were both to Real Madrid though! 

Think it might refer to Anglo-Spanish finals, where La Aligarh sides have certainly won every meet up in the last 15 years or so.

27 minutes ago, Ever the pessimist said:

Think it might refer to Anglo-Spanish finals, where La Aligarh sides have certainly won every meet up in the last 15 years or so.

They mentioned on commentary last night that Spanish teams had won the last 7 finals against English teams. Goes as far back as Sevilla beating Middlesbrough I think. Last time I can recall an English team winning a final was 20 years ago when liverpool beat alaves.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Rodger Wylde said:

Would I be right in thinking that it's just pure coincidence that the two clubs in the final are owned by billionaires?

It's also pure coincidence that before the billionaires turned up, Wednesday had been the champions of England more times than the two of them combined. 

I'm watching on CBS (USA) are you having to put up with Carragher and Micah Richards ? They are cringeworthy embarrassing.

Chelsea 2 -1

Edited by Señor Sam

Russian Warship.... Go fxxk yourselves.

Just now, Ever the pessimist said:

I’ll get pelters for this, but I think Sterling is a flat-track bully.

Scores for fun against lesser teams, rarely makes difference in the big games...

Cue match winning performance tonight 🤣

Haha I think he’s better than that but wouldn’t have him England side atm.

If Werner plays poor tonight I can bump an old argument I had at start of season about him on Reddit, so know how you feel.