European Premier League

Just now, Ever the pessimist said:

Along with many, I would be happy if they just left, but, as expected, they'll want to have their cake and eat it by the sounds of that: stay in their domestic leagues and play the new, more elitist, European tournament too. 

F00k 'em

It's killing football.

• Like 1

Just now, Ellis Rimmer said:

Would love this to happen, see how the glory hunters find a league where they are one of the worst teams in it.

This is all about TV rights money.

The wealthiest clubs get even richer.

It won't be long before it's extended globally. European winners v South American winners etc.

Just now, beswetherick said:

Interested to know the PL’s stance, presumably they won’t be happy about their “product” being downgraded

They'll be happy enough if their league is some sort of qualification route to it. Not that it would make a difference as invariably the same 4/5 will finish top 4/5 in the EPL and thereby qualify. 

The way I read this proposal is just a revamped Champions' League, possibly financed by TV companies etc and out of UEFA jurisdiction. 

We all want to see Chelsea vs PSG played in an American Football stadium in Florida or in Saudi, or Malaysia. 

‘Chelsea’ would just be a name for where they are actually based and used to have some Londoner fans.... before they’d become a travelling football circus basically. Balls to the actual fans though eh. 

• Like 1

See ya, owners sailing entire footballing history/heritage down the river for some guaranteed £££. 

Any 'fan' that supports this needs to give their head a wobble. If they do want to leave, let them go. None of this 'we will play in both' crap.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Kopparberg said:

We all want to see Chelsea vs PSG played in an American Football stadium in Florida or in Saudi, or Malaysia. 

‘Chelsea’ would just be a name for where they are actually based and used to have some Londoner fans.... before they’d become a travelling football circus basically. Balls to the actual fans though eh. 

I remember the Chelsea chairman or chief executive quite a few years ago saying they were 'A European club, that's based in London' or words to that effect. Bruce Buck I think his name was. Appropriately enough.

3 minutes ago, Ever the pessimist said:

Apparently the blueprint includes the founder members being protected from relegation for 20 seasons.

Of course it does, they want to guarantee as much money as possible for as long as possible.

• Like 1