George Hirst Interview mentions SWFC, David Hirst, and Agents

Screenshot 2020-10-20 at 12.54.27.jpg

George Hirst has given a full interview to Paul Davis at the Rotherham Advertiser about his loan there and other stuff

“I spoke to my dad about the move and got his opinion,” he says. “My dad will give his opinion on certain matters when I ask him but, at the end of the day, everything that happens in my career is my decision.

“I spoke to my dad and to my agent and came to the decision that Rotherham was where I wanted to play my football this season. It should be a good experience and hopefully one that I will enjoy.

“Pressure’s part of the game, to be honest,” he says. “Without pressure, it’s not enjoyable playing. With my dad being who he is, I’ve grown up from a very young age with a lot of pressure on my shoulders anyway. I just see it as a motivation.

“I still live in Sheffield, so I’m pretty local,” he says. “I live in a little apartment. I moved out of my mum and dad’s house about a year ago.

“I was driving down to Leicester every day — just over an hour. Leicester are okay with me living where I do. It helps you keep your work and your personal life separate.”

The new boy is open and engaging but clams up when the topic of what happened at Wednesday arises. Two reporters with Sheffield connections try and get nowhere. He’s not rude but very definite about his silence.

George has benefitted from learning from Jamie Vardy and Kelechi Iheanacho at Leicester

“It has been brilliant for me,” he says. “I have developed no end as a player. To go in there and to not learn from them would be ignorant of me.

“Jamie is one of the greatest strikers to play in the Premier League — you just have to look at his record and the goals he has scored to see that. How he got there is a story in itself.

“If I can take little bits from his game and little bits from Kelechi’s game and put them together then hopefully I will be in a good place.”

“I back myself to the end,” says Hirst,

Read the full interview for Paul Davis here 👉 https://www.rotherhamadvertiser.co.uk/news/view,rotherham-united-the-george-hirst-interview_36798.htm

Owlstalk Shop

Just now, FreshOwl said:

The fact he clams up every time we’re mentioned suggests to me he knows he did us dirty 

Otherwise if the club were wrong he’d have more confidence around the topic 

It proves absolutely nothing other than he's not commented on it

The reasons for that could be many and could definitely be legal

• Like 2

Owlstalk Shop

Guest Hornsby
1 hour ago, FreshOwl said:

The fact he clams up every time we’re mentioned suggests to me he knows he did us dirty 

Otherwise if the club were wrong he’d have more confidence around the topic 

If you invite a fox or footy agent into the mad house to do your recruiting, he'll also nick your best chickens.

And foxtrot off to Foxes. Free.