Sheffield Wednesday's stance on Keiren Westwood justified according to Dom

The last time Westwood was involved was I think Bristol city at home( on the bench) after that nothing? That’s when our slump started not saying Westwood was involved or did or said too much but it does make you wonder. Him and hutch froze out round about the same time . Two of the biggest characters and reportedly loudest ones in the dressing room? If Westwood and Hutchinson had a bust up the club and all parties will and have denied it for now. Be interesting that in a few yrs the story comes out or not? If him/ they did say or bust up with monk probably left the manager in no other situation but to cast them aside as an act of authority, like anyone else would at the workplace? But he needs /needed to go for all parties involved 

29 minutes ago, Dizzys Dad said:

To suggest the club is “HAPPY” to be paying Westwood, is totally ludicrous. 

Why do you write stuff like that?

It's not totally ludicrous at all...we are business emerging large amounts of money on wages and we must be content with it or it wouldn't be happening, simple as. Westwood hasn't played in well over a year and there appears to have been very little in the way of effort to shift him on and if you recall DC has openly admitted he his happy sticking players in the U23's and banishing them. This was openly disucssed in one of his fans evenings. 

I can't for one second accept that if the club, Westwood and his agent tried hard enough over the summer, some sort of severance package could have been agreed and he was shifted on. I find it astounding that us a club seem happy to harbour players in the same situation as Westwood and let's be honest this isn't the first time this has happened. 

Essentially we are a business without a business plan in lots of aspects, hence the financial mess we find ourselves in...how else would you describe it?

Not a particularly useful or informative article -having read it carefully a couple of times, I cant say that I feel that I’ve learnt anything 

2 hours ago, Wednesday_Jack said:

Round and round we go.......

Dawson and wildsmith both not good enough and the clubs struggling financially yet we’re happy to pay high wages for a player without even so much as a squad number. 

we’ve got a player on Westwood capable of winning us points...but the club are happy to cast him aside. 

Who is this player that is on Westwood? If he is capable of winning us points he should get off him.

• Haha 1

These types of "saga" need to be kept away from the club this season. 

We finally have a squad of players who all seem to want the shirt and regardless of ability, will give their all for it, there seems to be a togetherness and some positivity about the team and this sort of poo only serves to disrupt that. 

Westwood was a good player and may still be, but he's clearly finished here and it's time to look forward,  Dawson is the least of our problems this season.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
8 minutes ago, Lee A said:

These types of "saga" need to be kept away from the club this season. 

We finally have a squad of players who all seem to want the shirt and regardless of ability, will give their all for it, there seems to be a togetherness and some positivity about the team and this sort of poo only serves to disrupt that. 

Westwood was a good player and may still be, but he's clearly finished here and it's time to look forward,  Dawson is the least of our problems this season.

100%.

I really don't get why the journalist felt the need to tie Westwood into this story in the way that they did?

The story itself contains...

10 mentions of Dawson

6 mentions of Wildsmith

1 mention of Westwood

...yet the headline is all about Westwood and the accompanying image is Westwood, too.

It's pretty poor, in my opinion.

• Like 4

westwood thinks about money and money only , me personally id be ashamed to pick up mega money without earning it , he should have took a loan move as now id be very very surprised a club will take him next summer as he wont have played in well over 18 months by then. he took ireland money for years until they saw the light 

• Haha 1
5 minutes ago, morganowl said:

westwood thinks about money and money only , me personally id be ashamed to pick up mega money without earning it , he should have took a loan move as now id be very very surprised a club will take him next summer as he wont have played in well over 18 months by then. he took ireland money for years until they saw the light 

Footballers are only loyal to their bank balance, they couldn't give a shiny one about the club who pays them, or the supporters. 

7 minutes ago, morganowl said:

he took ireland money for years until they saw the light.

To be fair, a 6 pack of guinness and 50 euros is hardly generous.

• Haha 2
25 minutes ago, morganowl said:

Know the guy do you?

I feel Westwood is quite content with his situation. He’ll see his contract out and enjoy his retirement, without any financial worries.

I don’t know what’s gone on between him and the club, but his last contract was a huge mistake by the club, on the same scale as Rhodes’s was.

DC rewarded these two with huge contracts, and they both well and truly shafted him.

2 hours ago, morganowl said:

are you for real .......i'd fecking love it if someone give  me 20k a week for doing bugger all. 

• Haha 1