Sheffield Wednesday's stance on Keiren Westwood justified according to Dom

Screenshot 2020-10-20 at 12.35.01.jpg

Sheffield Wednesday's stance on Keiren Westwood justified according to Dom

The battle for the No 1 jersey was a close run thing, according to Monk. Both Dawson and Wildsmith were given game time in their limited pre-season programme. There was no Owls lifeline thrown to fans favourite Keiren Westwood, who is still out of favour and not been allocated a squad number. His last competitive outing came 11 months ago against West Bromwich Albion.

https://www.examinerlive.co.uk/sport/football/news/keiren-westwood-sheffield-wednesday-omission-19133157

Owlstalk Shop

The headline doesn't really match the article, as far as I can see.

There's one solitary mention of Westwood in the article itself, yet he features in the headline and the accompanying image.

I'm not sure why an article which is fundamentally about the impressive start Dawson has made to the season needs framing in that way.

Seems a bit odd.

Anyway, Dawson has looked pretty assured so far and must be delighted with the start he's made. Hopefully he'll grow in confidence as the season progresses and start to truly fulfil the potential he undoubtedly has.

Edited by areNOTwhatTHEYseem
  • Like 7

Just now, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

The headline article doesn't really match the article, as far as I can see.

There's one solitary mention of Westwood in the article itself, yet he features in the headline and the accompanying image.

I'm not sure why an article which is fundamentally about the impressive start Dawson has made to the season needs framing in that way.

Seems a bit odd.

Anyway, Dawson has looked pretty assured so far and must be delighted with the start he's made. Hopefully he'll grow in confidence as the season progresses and start to truly fulfil the potential he undoubtedly has.

He’s also put brown in his team for tomorrow when Monk said no one injured is back this week.

Strange one is Dom 

5 minutes ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

The headline doesn't really match the article, as far as I can see.

Seems a bit odd.

All because they know putting Westwood in the title will get more clicks than Dawson. 

Rubbish. 

At least this time next year there will be none of this to talk about, with Westwood, Rhodes etc gone. 

Then it will truly feel like a clean slate. 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, WhiteOwl91 said:

All because they know putting Westwood in the title will get more clicks than Dawson. 

Rubbish. 

At least this time next year there will be none of this to talk about, with Westwood, Rhodes etc gone. 

If that's the reason, it's pretty shortsighted; all it will do is put people off reading their articles in the long run.

No doubt there's a story to be told regarding Westwood. Unfortunately, despite initial appearances, this article isn't it.

More importantly for me, it must be frustrating for Dawson that even his recent good form is only being reported through the lens of Westwood's absence by certain parts of the local press.

• Like 2

Round and round we go.......

Dawson and wildsmith both not good enough and the clubs struggling financially yet we’re happy to pay high wages for a player without even so much as a squad number. 

we’ve got a player on Westwood capable of winning us points...but the club are happy to cast him aside. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Wednesday_Jack said:

Dawson and wildsmith both not good enough and the clubs struggling financially yet we’re happy to pay high wages for a player without even so much as a squad number. 

we’ve got a player on Westwood capable of winning us points...but the club are happy to cast him aside. 

Let it gooooooooo

Let it gooooooooooooooo

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Owlstalk Shop

22 minutes ago, WhiteOwl91 said:

Rubbish. 

Given that we still have threads about George Hirst, Hutchinson, and Nuhiu knocking around the first few pages of this section, I wouldn't hold my breath on that front of I were you.

:duntmatter:

1 hour ago, Wednesday_Jack said:

To suggest the club is “HAPPY” to be paying Westwood, is totally ludicrous. 

Why do you write stuff like that?

• Like 1