Squad balance

With positions based on 

https://www.transfermarkt.us/sheffield-wednesday/kader/verein/1035

Which is always a little inaccurate, players can often play more than one position, or play in systems where "forward" isn't really appropriate description - is "just behind the front two" a forward or midfield position for instance. Also, they could just be flat out wrong, especially on the younger players who won't get another look in now there are more experienced players

That said

3 keepers (including Westwood, who isn't going to play)

6 center backs - there were 5, and Monk felt it wasn't enough, so brought in Flint. Does this mean he feels one or maybe even two of them aren't up to it?

1 left back (though Palmer has played there and Reach and others can play in a sort of left wing back position)

4 right backs

10 central/attacking midfield

4 right midfield/right wing

1 left midfield/left wing

4 center forwards

It seems an odd mix, some areas where there is no depth, but probably the players to work in a couple of different systems

2 minutes ago, Minesapint said:

I’m sure I read where GM said he didn’t have a big squad, yet you have 33 players. That’s a bigger squad than I can remember, perhaps something is not quite right 😉

Where do you get 33 from ?? 

1 minute ago, Minesapint said:

3 keepers

6 centre backs

1 left back

4 right backs

10 centre mid fields

4 right midfield 

1 left midfield

4 centre forwards 

equates to 33 players in total 

Care to name them? The ones that have played a league game  for us.

12 minutes ago, Minesapint said:

3 keepers

6 centre backs

1 left back

4 right backs

10 centre mid fields

4 right midfield 

1 left midfield

4 centre forwards 

equates to 33 players in total 

He means players who can play in the position. So Palmer would be counted at right back and left back. Reach at left wing and right wing. Etc. 

• Like 1

Also possible I just can't count, but acccording to that information, squad numbers 1,2,4,5,7,8,9,10,11,13,14,15,17,18,19,20,21,22,23,24,25,26,27,28, 29,34,36,40, 41,42,45 are taken and Flint wasn't assigned. Which is 32, but that does include people like Wildsmith who won't play, and others such as the youth players that aren't likely to get a game now the squad has been rebuily