Do You Expect Us To Stay Up?

22 hours ago, BIG D said:

I actually do now for the first time.

We still lack a proper goal scorer but I'm generally happy with the players brought in and players like Paterson and Flint are made of the right stuff.

Please let the home form improve though, if we can get to zero this week then it's been a good start

No expectations where Wednesday are concerned.

40 years in and that only gets stronger by the year, expect nowt and be happy with what you may get.

Then again, I AM a miserable old barsteward.

I think we will comfortably stay up, without the deduction i think we would have been fighting for the play offs. 

The squad we have out together isn’t the most talented but it will definitely outwork most teams in this league. How long have we been asking for that?

Another 54 points needed, which is looking far more likely now than it was a few weeks ago.

The big concern at this stage however is that the likes of Cov, Rotherham and Brum (who along with Wycombe and Barnsley are, in my opinion, the other relegation candidates) are already 8 or 9 points in front. So it's not just about chasing a points total, it's about catching up enough of those teams to be sure of safety.

Still, performances have been encouraging.

2 hours ago, Sheff74 said:

Another 54 points needed, which is looking far more likely now than it was a few weeks ago.

The big concern at this stage however is that the likes of Cov, Rotherham and Brum (who along with Wycombe and Barnsley are, in my opinion, the other relegation candidates) are already 8 or 9 points in front. So it's not just about chasing a points total, it's about catching up enough of those teams to be sure of safety.

Still, performances have been encouraging.

Or another way of looking at it - In the space of 5 games we have already closed the gap on those teams by 3 or 4 points.

19 hours ago, One De Bilde said:

Or another way of looking at it - In the space of 5 games we have already closed the gap on those teams by 3 or 4 points.

It is indeed and I am sure that many of them can be caught, if not by the end of the year then shortly after. But in all likelihood it's still a dogfight from that point on, as some of those will pick up form or have little runs at some point. I am not saying that there won't be at least 3 worse teams over the whole season because it looks like there clearly will be, but any slip up makes the job that bit harder.

• Like 1

Yes, but it is going to be a slog and I think those who expect us to get clear of the bottom 3 quickly might be in for a surprise.

Still 7 points adrift, which some don't seem to think it too much of a deficit, but not every team currently in the mire is going to stay there. For example, Derby and Forest will improve, most likely to be replaced by the likes of Rotherham and Coventry, but they are already 9 & 10 points clear. 

Just need to keep chipping away and hope that 4 or 5 teams keep dropping points.