Do You Expect Us To Stay Up?

7 minutes ago, One De Bilde said:

That awful that they hadn't lost a game until then. Why is it that any time we win a game some fans have to play the "they were awful" card. 

We won a tough game away from home, who cares how "awful" they were or how the goals are coming

Added to which they beat the mighty and all conquering Brentford who are the best football team bar none

22 minutes ago, hugeowl said:

Have you noticed that its quieter on here after a victory?

Tbh pal I don't spend much time on here when we lose, unless it's a game I haven't seen. Even then I tend to read the opinions of the few I know to be balanced then fizz off to real life. 

There's too much really bad stuff at the moment to get depressed about football. 

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, sage owl said:

Tbh pal I don't spend much time on here when we lose, unless it's a game I haven't seen. Even then I tend to read the opinions of the few I know to be balanced then fizz off to real life. 

There's too much really bad stuff at the moment to get depressed about football. 

I hate coming on here after we've lost. Too many posters suddenly turn psycho. Bloody ridiculous, we're one team in a league of 24 with other decent sized clubs in there, of course we're going to bloody lose from tie to time.

People need to get a grip!

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

I've always thought we would stay in this division.  I said so as soon as the deduction was announced and was taken to task for it. The players we have brought in have exceeded my expectations which just strengthens my belief.

There's always the possibility that the end of the season will be delayed due to the pandemic which could change the players available to us. Who knows, but other teams could be affected in the same way.

• Like 2

Getting to 0 or + will be a weight off of everyone at the club. I think we will kick on. We will have one or two bad spells in the a season. We just need to make sure that, unlike last season, they don’t go on for a big number of matches. 

I am more confident than I was but there is still an awful long way to go. All points are vital and we need to get to 0 points as soon as we can and then off the bottom and finally out of the bottom three. If we are out of the bottom three at Christmas then that would be a lovely present from Santa!

I'm very confident we will, without underestimating what an ask it is.

If we absolutely click it would be great to see if we can get enough points (ignoring the 12 point deduction) for a place in the top 6. Think it would be a decent sell-in next summer for players to know that if it wasn't for the deduction we were a side capable of being in and around the play-offs.

Looking at the way we have started and the other sides that will be in the battle, yes I do. We've got a decent squad, the depth in defence is up there for this level. My only real worry would be if we picked up injuries to key players, Bannan and Luongo specifically. Avoid that and I think we'll be fine.

We’ve had a good start, if we can get out of the negatives by next Saturday, and only be a couple of points away from safety then yes we have a real chance. I’m really hoping Patterson and Marriott click because then we may have the goals to get away

8 hours ago, Utah Owl said:

I hate coming on here after we've lost. Too many posters suddenly turn psycho. Bloody ridiculous, we're one team in a league of 24 with other decent sized clubs in there, of course we're going to bloody lose from tie to time.

People need to get a grip!

Totally agree to many negative posters make it hard to log on and enjoy a positive debate for me owlstalk as lost a lot of its appeal

Yes I think we will. With this squad i would think we will get around 65 points so net 53 and us staying up by around 6 points.

We will be down there for a large chunk of the season  so we have to get used to some bad results and rather weirdly i think we will grind out results against the top sides and lose some annoying games to the poorer sides.

I predict we will be like Preston over the years, not having the required quality to challenge right at the top but nasty to play against and some right c**ts in our team.

11 hours ago, Owls2k said:

Getting to 0 or + will be a weight off of everyone at the club. I think we will kick on. We will have one or two bad spells in the a season. We just need to make sure that, unlike last season, they don’t go on for a big number of matches. 

This is SWFC mate, we'll get to 0 points then pack in as thats goal achieved lol

• Haha 1