Do You Expect Us To Stay Up?

Cautiously optimistic, but I can't go as far as "confident" yet.

Let's see where we are in a couple of weeks time after we've had a run against 3 of the weakest teams in the division, if we're on around +6 and off the bottom, hopefully even outside the bottom 2, I'll start to believe. If we drop points in those games it's going to start to look like a tough task as confidence will drop and pressure will increase the longer we're adrift.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, WalthamOwl said:

Isn’t it amazing what a win can do to bring the feel good factor back Monkmanface 

Yeah but the problem is we'll get the opposite reaction when we lose a couple and it will be full panic stations.

Think the people talking about top 6 are in full on dream mode!

• Like 2

I may have been in the minority but before a ball was kicked, and before we had finished recruiting, I had zero concerns about being relegated. I thought we would end up mid-table, and I guess that is most likely where we will be. Relegation wasn't even in my thoughts.

For me it’s never been in doubt.  As the summer progressed it was apparent that the change which has been long overdue was happening.  After watching Saturday’s game the spirit and fight in the team is a marked improvement.  Give them another few games to all settle in and I think we will achieve play off equivalent, which unfortunately will not mean a great deal because of the -12.  However for future recruitment it is massive.

• Like 1

Yes and the seeds were sown when we lost to Fulham away after lockdown....before the lockdown we would have rolled over and got beat 4 or 5 nil. We didn't and tbh if it wasn't for a couple of goalkeeping blunders could have had a draw. What impressed me was that everyone worked their socks off and no one gave it up. We've built on that and it seems to be the bottom line for all performances whether we win or lose. 

• Like 1

Guest Hornsby
8 minutes ago, Minesapint said:

For me it’s never been in doubt.  As the summer progressed it was apparent that the change which has been long overdue was happening.  After watching Saturday’s game the spirit and fight in the team is a marked improvement.  Give them another few games to all settle in and I think we will achieve play off equivalent, which unfortunately will not mean a great deal because of the -12.  However for future recruitment it is massive.

Stay up , no problem.

Flint is mega and will mean no last minute losing now.

Once out of the top 3 , should go Kamikaze as nowt to lose.

2 hours ago, sonofbert2 said:

We are going up and they are coming back down.

This will be a truly great and memorable season for us.

Love the thought, but it would take overturning the point deficit to give us any chance of that.