Do You Expect Us To Stay Up?

If we click anything is possible !

If we don't click anything is possible !

Clicking is very much down to the mind set. I think a points restoration of 6 or better will give us a real chance to prosper. Then add this to a successful January window and a huge surprise could be in store for us !

This would be down very much to the perception of others of our stature. It would increase massively were we mid table prior to the window.  

6 minutes ago, Jim said:

More confident now than I was. As many have already said the home form is still a major concern. Personally I think we’ll look back at the signings of Flint and Marriott on deadline day and think that was when survival became a real possibility as I don’t see us going down with Flint in the side. The character he has won’t allow it to happen.

Interesting way of looking at it. Especially at home, where we have looked so cagey at the back on multiple occasions.

The arrival of Flint and resurgence of VA is really positive to see, as well as Dunkley to come back 

2 minutes ago, torryowl said:

Is this squad good enough to get 62 points that's probably going to be needed ?.....I think so but dont think they'll be much to spare

I reckon teams will go down on less than 50pts, more like 44-50

Wycombe for example look like they won’t even manage 30 

Edited by FreshOwl
  • Like 1

Yes, I always did. We are a mid table team so even taking 12 points off us should leave us above the bottom 3. That said, I still have a suspicion the points deduction may be reduced on appeal. 

Added to which, there are some weak teams in the league this year. Aware we play them soon, so dont want to tempt fate, but cant see Wycombe, Rotherham, Barnsley,  Coventry getting much more than 40-45 points. Our current ppg is around 1.6 which equates to 73 points (-12 = 61 points) which allows some slack if our ppg ratio drifts. 

Edited by striker

25 wins and 10 draws and 11 loses gets us in the mix for 6th.

I think staying up is easy, I think getting to 6th is the challenge.   I also think the points will be reduced but not wiped out.  So any bonus from that.  

7 minutes ago, striker said:

Yes, I always did. We are a mid table team so even taking 12 points off us should leave us above the bottom 3. That said, I still have a suspicion the points deduction may be reduced on appeal. 

Added to which, there are some weak teams in the league this year. Aware we play them soon, so dont want to tempt fate, but cant see Wycombe, Rotherham, Barnsley,  Coventry getting much more than 40-45 points. Our current ppg is around 1.6 which equates to 73 points (-12 = 61 points) which allows some slack if our ppg ratio drifts. 

We may even get better when all the new players settle in, got a feeling that the fact we have a few 'characters' in the squad will hopefully help us eek out some late winners 

• Like 1

When we got the points deduction I didn’t think we had a chance.

I still think it’ll be tough, we are going to hit a bad patch at some point and I’m still concerned about the lack of goals in this Wednesday side.

This weeks games will be a good yard stick.

9 minutes ago, nbupperthongowl said:

We may even get better when all the new players settle in, got a feeling that the fact we have a few 'characters' in the squad will hopefully help us eek out some late winners 

Hope so. Under normal circumstances I'd expect this squad to be finishing around the 10-12th...but these next half a dozen games are crucial.

If, and a big if, we can win the next 2 (I'd take 4 points though) going into games with our 'relegation' competitors on plus points, think we can look to overhaul a couple before the end of November. 

If I was a betting man, guess we may drag ourselves out of the bottom 3 mid December, have a bit of a blip over Christmas before refocusing in january and finishing 18th.

1 hour ago, BIG D said:

The points required for 6th place for the last 5 years have been

I don't see us getting anywhere near that with the -12.

I really hope I'm wrong!

I don't think we will get anywhere near that even without the -12.

Still think staying up will be a massive challenge and I'd gladly take 21st now.

I do think with the business we have done though that it's more likely we will manage it than that we won't.

• Like 1