Do You Expect Us To Stay Up?

Guest wilyfox

Always felt we would. We’ve taken a sizeable chunk out of the gap in first 5 games. Squad in good shape. We’ll be reyt - providing we get friendlier with the net.

If you'd have asked me back end of last season I'd have been very, very worried and not too hopeful. 

Now I'm far more optimistic, we're creating a new more resilient attitude in the squad with more fight and bite now. Just need brown and bazza to get there creative boots on and someone to start converting chances regularly and we should be good. 

34 minutes ago, BIG D said:

I actually do now for the first time.

We still lack a proper goal scorer but I'm generally happy with the players brought in and players like Paterson and Flint are made of the right stuff.

Please let the home form improve though, if we can get to zero this week then it's been a good start

It was never in doubt.  

The squad we’ve now assembled should be good enough to stay up. 
Dean Ashton on Quest feels it would be good enough for playoffs without the deduction. 
But as said already we have to win games at home.

Wednesday night will be a big test, it reminds me of playing WBA during project restart.  We were the better team in the first half but then crumbled, hopefully this squad has more about them now 

• Like 3

Yes. Have done since the start of the season

The squad is far better than many of the clubs in the league that are expected to be mid table and dare I say in and around the play offs, though personally i don't think we will get there.

Don't think theres many to be fearful of either

I also think we will beat Brentford if we set up right and bully them which we have the players to do. They don't travel well and don't play well against teams that get in their faces

• Like 1

Just now, ZicoSterland2 said:

Think we have started well, my expectations have gone from 21st to a comfortable 17th. This looks one of the weakest championships for years.

Agreed, what are the chances this will be a season we finish within 12 points off 2nd..  

From what I’ve seen of the team we should be capable of getting 60 points, but that requires an urgent change in the home form. 

I think we will be well clear of Wycombe and Toytown, but it could be very fine margins for 22nd. All the more reason why we can’t afford to chuck points away at the death. They all add up. 

• Like 1

Expect is a strong word. One thing we’ve all learned over the years is expect the unexpected where Wednesday are concerned. 
However, I do thing we have a decent squad capable of holding its own in this division and so have a good chance of finishing mid-table. 
Achieve this, then a big push next season in front of big Hillsborough crowds!

42 minutes ago, BIG D said:

I actually do now for the first time.

We still lack a proper goal scorer but I'm generally happy with the players brought in and players like Paterson and Flint are made of the right stuff.

Please let the home form improve though, if we can get to zero this week then it's been a good start

A good start? Mate it would be a bloody brilliant start!

19 minutes ago, Ever the pessimist said:

I think we will get clear of the relegation zone at some point this season - but will inevitably have a bad patch (pretty much everyone does). The issues will be whether that then takes us back into the dogfight. 

Or, dare I say it, any further penalties for financial misdemeanours!

This.

Monk couldn’t get the squad to turn round a poor run of form last season. Hopefully the current squad is made of sterner stuff when the inevitable bad run hits this season.