Do You Expect Us To Stay Up?

If we lose against Wycombe on Saturday I honestly think we’ll be on minus points until December, we’ve got some proper tough games coming up. 

This was such a comparatively easy start and he’s absolutely blown it. I genuinely think he’s the worst manager of the past 20 years and we’ve had some really shocking managers in that time

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Ellis Rimmer said:

I think even if we sack monk we are going down

Probably right, but it’s no reason to keep him. The question is, do we try and find a short term solution that may give us a slightly better chance of avoiding the drop, or do we look for a longer term solution, who can make an early start on a rebuild. I don’t think there’s anyone we can attract who would give us a really enhanced prospect of avoiding the drop, so we’re talking small margins. 

At the moment we've averaged a point per game . That would relegate us without a points deduction . We've hardly played all the best teams of the division either . We now need to average 1.8 points per game to leave us on 52 . Thats not far off auto promotion form . 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, WalthamOwl said:

I think the way we have lost the last 2 games will make it very difficult for Monk to come back from, when players start performing the way they did on Saturday and last night it’s usually only a matter of time until the manager leaves. 

Sadly, we've seen it too many times ever since last Christmas. Instead of axing Monk last season our clueless owner, backed him and brought in his own backroom staff. Monk has gotten away with a worse record than Jos and one of our worst ever home records in our entire history.

DC doesn't have a clue about football, he showed that by hiring a perennial loser like Monk in the first place. Once he eventually gets his head out of the sand and acts, it will be near enough too late for the next journeyman to effectively do anything to prevent us from going down. DC's taking us to oblivion. Getting relegated to the third tier again is bad enough but getting relegated in the current climate will be a disaster. 

10 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

Probably right, but it’s no reason to keep him. The question is, do we try and find a short term solution that may give us a slightly better chance of avoiding the drop, or do we look for a longer term solution, who can make an early start on a rebuild. I don’t think there’s anyone we can attract who would give us a really enhanced prospect of avoiding the drop, so we’re talking small margins. 

Short term definitely, but I don't think the question makes sense anyway. They either do a good job or they don't.