Chasing lost causes..

Definate handball.  Accidental in my view, but VAR would have given it.    Yes, our penalty was slightly dodgy.   The defender was just clearing the ball when Patterson got in front of him and received the clearance kick.   But we need all the luck we can get.

• Like 1

Guest Therealrealist
1 hour ago, asteener1867 said:

Maybe an iffy penalty, but Paterson did well to get in front of the defender...Only seen the quick highlights, but especially first half the pressing and tenacity looked spot on.

Good claim for a pen to us after Windass shot came off the post.....Keep it going Wednesday!!!

Talking of lost causes...how’s the ‘poetry’ goin?

3 hours ago, Lincs Owl said:

Definate handball.  Accidental in my view, but VAR would have given it.    Yes, our penalty was slightly dodgy.   The defender was just clearing the ball when Patterson got in front of him and received the clearance kick.   But we need all the luck we can get.

Paterson was going for the ball and the defender clipped him. Ok the defender didn't do it deliberately but he still took him out. Penalty all day long for me. 

• Like 2

A definite penalty using the current interpretation of the Law.  Some years ago, it was only a foul if the act was intentional; the Brum defender was not intending to to trip our lad but that was the result, so a certain penalty.

Credit Paterson for a quickness of thought and pace over a very short distance to get in front of the player, we haven't had that sort of reaction for some time.  Also for falling naturally, rather than making an obvious dive, so convincing the Referee that he had been genuinely fouled.

We now have a team of grafters who will chase "lost causes" which, in this case, gave us the goal and 3 points.

Good signings all.

I don’t understand what constitutes a penalty anymore. On MOTD last night, I saw the one that the Pigs won and I’m baffled as to why it was awarded. Both players were competing for the ball and one or the other was going to get caught plus it wasn’t a goal scoring chance. For me, it should have been an indirect free kick at best.