Apoel v Pafos omdt

13 minutes ago, mcmigo said:

The tackle of a cheat.  Pathetic.

if that is the way he wants to play football monk was 100 percent right to kick him out of the squad.

The indignation in this thread is silly.

When Loovens made that 'tackle' on McGoldrick which was far worse, everyone thought it was great and praised him.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Tommy Crawshaw said:

When Loovens made that 'tackle' on McGoldrick which was far worse, everyone thought it was great and praised him.

He didn't just leave a bit on him mate..it looked like he was trying to hurt him.

9 hours ago, shandypants said:

I love Hutch as much as the next person but it’s wrong to accuse the guy he fouled of overacting. Hutch could have ended that guy’s career. It was one of the worse tackles you’ll see all season. He’s studded the fella half way up his thigh. I love Hutch’s spirit and commitment but that tackle has no place in football. We’d be going ballistic if someone did that to one of our players. 

It’s both. No place for the tackle 

No place for someone pretending they’ve been maimed 

21 minutes ago, Tommy Crawshaw said:

Not in the slightest.

That tackle by anyone is a shocker.  People were saying the Luke shaw tackle in man utd v spurs was bad - that was a schoolboy tackle compared to this by Hutch.   He went in to hurt him, why else would his foot be that high?

12 hours ago, shandypants said:

I can’t think of any other way of reacting. The guys just been assaulted. It appears that Hutch has both feet of the floor at one point.  Hutch could end that guys career if he breaks his femur. 

He ended up about 2 miles away from where the incident took place lol 

6 minutes ago, mcmigo said:

Not in the slightest.

That tackle by anyone is a shocker.  People were saying the Luke shaw tackle in man utd v spurs was bad - that was a schoolboy tackle compared to this by Hutch.   He went in to hurt him, why else would his foot be that high?

Watched it several times now and I don't think it is as bad as made out. He got the ball first and the follow through caught the player, but there was no great impact or force behind it, more of a scrape.

Pickford's on Saturday was much worse.

The other players reaction and screams though, hilarious.

Also funny where the oppo player approached Hutchinson as he was walking off and was going to have a pop at him then thought hmm better not.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, scilly owl said:

He deserved a double red for that “ tackle “

I've only just seen it now. Not nice.

Great player on his day, but boy can he lose his head. I wouldn't expect a tackle like that on council pitch on a Sunday morning.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Tommy Crawshaw said:

Not everyone. I suspect those that did, did it out of bravado. 

If I recall, it was the season of the £20 note, Nuhiu was our star player and the squad was decimated by injury. Perhaps people needed something to cling on to.

That wasn't just a bad tackle it was dreadful. His leg was bent as he went in and he straightened it as he made contact, very like a stamping motion. It was intended to hurt

I don't mind bad tackles, they happen, if they are accidental, ok but malicios stuff like that just isn't on.

I liked Hutch but he's his own worst enemy. After seeing that I'm glad he's gone.

Its a bad tackle. Its not a dangerous tackle personally and think the reaction makes it worse screaming like he'd had his leg blown clean off ..

There's no stamping motion though in my opinion AND he catches the players right leg first before the left yet the player is screaming clutching his left leg

Its a red. Its a bad tackle. Its certainly not as bad as some people have said in here or on social media. Gone potty on there.

Pity that lot of people have a negative connection with Hutch now. Guess what happened at the end and his interview kind of soiled things I guess