Just now, Therealrealist said:

Thought they wer employees not servants

servants are employees .........boris is employed for the country and  is a civil servant .......

47 minutes ago, mrbluesky said:

Feckin horrific tackle!

Fvvck me! That is disgusting! Hutchinson is absolutely in the wrong there.  There is absolutely no place for tackles like that - actually, it’s not even a tackle. What is he thinking? 

3 minutes ago, torryowl said:

servants are employees .........boris is employed for the country and  is a civil servant .......

I would describe him somewhat differently

20 minutes ago, Inspector Lestrade said:

Most extras in war films manage to get blown to pieces/gunned down without making as much noise as the bloke he kicked. Surprised if half the Greek coast defences weren't scrambled listening to that commotion.

4 minutes ago, torryowl said:

So how many times in your life have you described yourself as a ‘servant’ ? None..your just dragging it out..borin..I’m off to feather

1 minute ago, Emerson Thome said:

Most extras in war films manage to get blown to pieces/gunned down without making as much noise as the bloke he kicked. Surprised if half the Greek coast defences weren't scrambled listening to that commotion.

Mike Pickering would have just smiled and carried on.   

• Haha 2
43 minutes ago, FreshOwl said:

the players reaction though lol 

I can’t think of any other way of reacting. The guys just been assaulted. It appears that Hutch has both feet of the floor at one point.  Hutch could end that guys career if he breaks his femur. 

Many thanks to whoever uploaded that little gem from Carry on Football. I’m sure Garry and the back room staff will have a good chuckle at that tomorrow in his office. 

Hope the lad who was attacked is ok. Cyprus hasn’t seen a reaction like that since 1974.

Someone else’s problem now.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
Just now, Therealrealist said:

So how many times in your life have you described yourself as a ‘servant’ ? None..your just dragging it out..borin..I’m off to feather

hutch was a servant to this club  whether good or bad is down to opinion but servant he was and that is indisputable .

• Like 1
26 minutes ago, shandypants said:

Fvvck me! That is disgusting! Hutchinson is absolutely in the wrong there.  There is absolutely no place for tackles like that - actually, it’s not even a tackle. What is he thinking? 

Worth 2 red cards that

• Like 1

One thing I've always admired about Hutchinson is the fact he never goes out to hurt the opposition. Having had to retire for a couple of years himself, our Sam knows first hand how devastating a long term injury can be. 

A true gentleman of the sport

• Haha 1
4 hours ago, Bluesteel said:

Not surprised Hutchinson is getting sent off in that league. I think they see even a light tap on the shin as assault  

Having seen it. Horrific tackle.

But the reaction? Like he’d stepped on a land mine? This is what I mean.

• Like 1
5 hours ago, SallyCinnamon said:

Open thread.

See criticism of two players who served us well and gave their all.

Do question our fanbase.

Two wholly overrated players overly sentimentalized by a segment of our fanbase.

I love Hutch as much as the next person but it’s wrong to accuse the guy he fouled of overacting. Hutch could have ended that guy’s career. It was one of the worse tackles you’ll see all season. He’s studded the fella half way up his thigh. I love Hutch’s spirit and commitment but that tackle has no place in football. We’d be going ballistic if someone did that to one of our players. 

• Like 3