When will the hearing take place?

32 minutes ago, Plonk said:

If I’m right about about the the three weeks, surely that would be another breach of the rules along with their breach of putting it in the wrong season.A good solicitor should have a field day.    

11 minutes ago, owls-swfc said:

The 3 weeks was for either party to appeal against the initial panel decision.... We did but the EFL didn't... We are waiting for the appeal to happen "during the Autumn",  which finishes about 20th December! 

Parties have 2 weeks to lodge an appeal against a disciplinary commission sanction. The league then has 2 weeks to appoint the chair of a league arbitration panel that will hear the appeal. After that the conduct of the proceedings and timing of the final hearing are in the hands of the independent arbitrators

Wonder if we asked for the points deduction to be suspended pending appeal as allowed for under rule 94.5?

94.5  Any party against whom penalties were imposed under Regulation 92 may apply, initially in writing, to the League Arbitration Tribunal for an order that such penalties be suspended pending the resolution of the Disciplinary Appeal. The League Arbitration Tribunal shall determine any such application having regard to the merits of the Disciplinary Appeal and the representations of the other parties.

If we did and it was turned down it doesn’t say much about ‘the merits of the Disciplinary Appeal’.

I guess it doesn’t make much practical difference, except the table wouldn’t look so depressing.

1 hour ago, Owls-Fan said:

I read that too, typical for us if it has gone past the usual deadline. 
It would be fantastic if even just 3 points came off the punishment.  But as it’s been said we just need to focus on ourselves and hopefully a draw and win this week will see us on zero points this time next week 

Parry could try backdating it. Didn't let us get away with it but one rule for the EFL and another for us.

1 hour ago, Grandad said:

There's every possibility the hearing has been had, we lost, and the club have just chosen not to announce it

I know you like a good old dig at the club but this would have been announced by the EFL that the appeal would be heard and even for your tin foil hattedness this is hard to believe

• Thanks 2

Guest Grandad
56 minutes ago, soldierboyblue said:

I know you like a good old dig at the club but this would have been announced by the EFL that the appeal would be heard and even for your tin foil hattedness this is hard to believe

Yes it was meant to be tongue in cheek. 

I'll wave a flag next time I'm being sarcastic if that helps you?

3 hours ago, owls-swfc said:

The 3 weeks was for either party to appeal against the initial panel decision.... We did but the EFL didn't... We are waiting for the appeal to happen "during the Autumn",  which finishes about 20th December! 

EFL didn't specify which autumn though!

15 hours ago, TrickyTrev said:

I’m resigned to the fact that we’ve got a points deduction of 12 points and the only way we will get out of this mess is on the pitch.

I’m not waiting on the appeal so if some good news does come out of it then it’ll be an unexpected bonus but I’ve put it to the back of my mind if I’m being honest.... unlike the initial hearing where I was on here literally every 20 minutes checking for news.

100% this. Anything less than -12 would be a massive bonus. 

Edited by WalthamOwl
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, Plonk said:

I’m sure I read that it had to be heard within three weeks of the appeal being lodged. Then again this is theEFL and they aren’t very good at abiding by their own rules.

Well if they don't hear the appeal in time, that would mean the points deduction should be removed due to failure to follow due process. Followed by the removal of Mr P, for failing to run a pis! Up in a brewery.

4 hours ago, HarrowbyOwl said:

Parties have 2 weeks to lodge an appeal against a disciplinary commission sanction. The league then has 2 weeks to appoint the chair of a league arbitration panel that will hear the appeal. After that the conduct of the proceedings and timing of the final hearing are in the hands of the independent arbitrators

Thanks for that. Clears it up a bit. Still don’t get why it’s taking so long

3 minutes ago, Plonk said:

Thanks for that. Clears it up a bit. Still don’t get why it’s taking so long

No idea either, especially as no new evidence is usually allowed. So it’s all down to the appellant (SWFC) to prove that the original decision was erroneous.

2 hours ago, S72 Owl said:

Kind of wished we hadn’t appealed and it was all over. Should have just accepted the punishment and fought to prove every one wrong saying we’re nailed on to go down now.

Why? There’s no shame or stigma associated to appealing. 

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Tea Baggins said:

Be great if it was reduced to 6.

We would be out of the bottom 3 with another win and confidence would be sky high amongst the lads.

Playoff push wouldn't be unrealistic playing like we did yesterday.

Didnt leeds finish in the playoffs with a -15 deduction?