Cameron Dawson

Guest Willow Owl

Guest Willow Owl

5 games 3 clean sheets. Growing in confidence and stature every game. New defensive line up in front today and never once looked in trouble.

Well done Cam, keep the doubters quiet for at least another week. 

Guest Therealrealist
24 minutes ago, Willow Owl said:

5 games 3 clean sheets. Growing in confidence and stature every game. New defensive line up in front today and never once looked in trouble.

Let’s be honest he won’t get an easier 95 mins all season

42 minutes ago, Willow Owl said:

another week? He better have a good game wednesday night or I  for one will be banging the drum for westwood to return

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

Guest mrbluesky
24 minutes ago, meggoisgod said:

I really want him to be brilliant but I'm never totally confident that he will dominate his 6 yard box

This, for a keeper, he can be very indecisive, still don’t think he’s good enough, time will tell.

I’ve been pressed that recently he’s started looking to full backs for a short pass or throw out to them rather than his aimless long balls to no one earlier in season. 

His distribution isn’t the strongest, nor is our aerial threat up top, so great to see us retain possession when the simple short ball is on. 

• Like 1

I think his commanding of the box is much better than it was under Jos. He catches it now rather than flapping at it. 

I think it’s all chicken and egg really as things like that and the errors are only eradicated through experience and we didn’t give him much time out on loan. So he’s at the point where he needs to play if he’s going to stay here and we will persevere. 

If there wasn’t a wider issue it would still make sense to have one of Dawson or Wildsmith out on loan playing each week whilst the other was no1 working with an older keeper like Westwood or similar. Sunderland were desperate for a keeper and as a big club chasing promotion I thought that would’ve been ideal for one of them.

• Like 2

Still don't think he's good enough!

Seems to pull of good saves but let's some easier ones in!

Problem is we've been spoiled by really good goalkeepers down the years.

Carson

Grant

Kirkland

Westwood

Even Weaver and Bywater were pretty good!

• Like 1

His clean sheet yesterday was more down to his defense, some poor finishing and Van Aken's block. He still looks indecisive and his positioning is suspect. However, his distribution although still waywards with his kicking is much improved with his early release awareness. Give him some time but continue the search for a top class bargain.

Guest Willow Owl
1 hour ago, Hougoumont said:

His clean sheet yesterday was more down to his defense, some poor finishing and Van Aken's block. He still looks indecisive and his positioning is suspect. However, his distribution although still waywards with his kicking is much improved with his early release awareness. Give him some time but continue the search for a top class bargain.

Yet last season when the defence was all over the place (66 goals )Dawson was blamed for things that weren’t his fault. Now we are keeping clean sheets it’s all because of the defence.

Give the guy some credit FFS

Guest Willow Owl
1 hour ago, marshy said:

Were it not for terrible finishing and some great defending by Joost, he was rooted to his line more than once. I'm not at all confident with him personally, but clean sheets means no shag as they say.

When was he rooted ??

1 hour ago, FreshOwl said:

Seems to have worked on his quick distribution too 

I used to age 10 years between him receiving the ball for a goal kick, and him actually starting the game again 

This.

Wonder if this has been coached into him as he used to do the Westwood thing off hang onto the ball for ages.