Been a critic of his but I enjoyed the first half today, played lots of decent flowing football, and if we can get the forwards up to speed then we should be winning games by half time.

Much to admire but will happier when we smash someone.

• Like 1

We worked hard.

Should’ve scored more.

Looked defensively good (as everyone was helping out so much). 

We could do with killing off games. 

All in all pleased. 

• Like 2

Well he's not going anywhere so might as well get behind him and the lads. 

Yeah, I know we can't go to the games. 

But we can still back em. Dish out praise where deserved on line.

Coz we know they do look at it.

And it were deserved today. 

4 minutes ago, WAWAWUTO17 said:

Its time us as fans get behind him and give him our backing. The transition period and the players we have brought in our predicament is quite amazing. I do believe COVID has helped us also because of a rich owner. But things are changing at the club and for the better.

Totally agree. Nine new players, so can only get better the more they play together. Time to put last season/ past  to bed and move forward. 
Monk And Chansiri deserve a lot of credit for what they have done in this transfer window.

• Like 1

Credit where it’s due. 
Monk’s tactics worked well today.
Luongo played the sort of role that Hutchinson/Lopez used to play in the era of that Carlos fella. Played defensive midfield and dropped in between the centre backs when Birmingham (tried) to attack. As Karanka  only ever starts a game with one striker it was sound enough and we really should have won comfortably.

Van Aken, who made a game saving block, looked  much more assured alongside Flint too. He really is an old school centre back and seems pretty vocal back there.

Difficult to see how Borner gets back in when Iorfa Dunkley and Lees are fit.

Just need to get Marriott sharp and feeding off Paterson’s headers and I feel we’ll be OK.

Get behind the team, absolutely.

Monk as manager ?  Still too early.

You can't say to the Monk out corner, you have to give him at least ten games.
Then expect them to say he's God after five.

It's been an above average start, and people should be pleased with it, especially if we can play better the last ten minutes.

• Like 1
25 minutes ago, Inspector Lestrade said:

Been a critic of his but I enjoyed the first half today, played lots of decent flowing football, and if we can get the forwards up to speed then we should be winning games by half time.

Much to admire but will happier when we smash someone.

I am a critic of his too and one win isn't going to suddenly make me think the corner has been turned.

He deserves a lot of credit for today though. I was critical when he chose to play 3 at the back against QPR with only 2 fit centre-backs and when the Star reporter suggested he had done the same today I feared the worst.

As it turned out he moved away from the 3 at the back, the shape of the 11 he picked was unorthodox but it worked well as I thought we played good football as the first half, as good as we have been this season. 

• Like 2
1 minute ago, hirstyboywonder said:

I am a critic of his too and one win isn't going to suddenly make me think the corner has been turned.

He deserves a lot of credit for today though. I was critical when he chose to play 3 at the back against QPR with only 2 fit centre-backs and when the Star reporter suggested he had done the same today I feared the worst.

As it turned out he moved away from the 3 at the back, the shape of the 11 he picked was unorthodox but it worked well as I thought we played good football as the first half, as good as we have been this season. 

We lost 3 defenders during the qpr game and iorfa before we would have won it with there loses

Just now, bladeshater said:

We lost 3 defenders during the qpr game and iorfa before we would have won it with there loses

We probably would have won it, I think we would have won it had we not chosen to play a similar defensive formation to what we played today though and would have played better. 

We started the game with a defensive midfielder in the back 3, when he got injured we replaced him with a full-back and when he got injured we replaced him with a full-back/wing-back. The performance against QPR was dour and disjointed other than 20 minutes at the start of the second half. Had we played more to the strengths of those available then we might not have had to worry about the injuries.

That game has gone now though and for the latest performance Monk should get deserved praise for changing the approach. 

Hey, hey we're the Monk team.

And people say we're going down.

But we're too busy winning.

In every phucking town!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
4 minutes ago, WatfordOwl said:

Hey, hey we're the Monk team.

And people say we're going down.

But we're too busy winning.

In every phucking town!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Be nice to add Sheffield to that list sometime soon! 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
Just now, hirstyboywonder said:

Be nice to add Sheffield to that list sometime soon! 

I would do a rendition of I believe in miracles in response to that.

• Haha 1
10 minutes ago, HarryPlopper said:

You have "Blades" in your name.

It's very hard to get behind your thought process.

Some children do struggle keep trying though

3 minutes ago, bladeshater said:

Some children do struggle keep trying though

Two words.

Blades - nothing to do with Wednesday.

Hater - Something you despise.

My friend, you need a physiatrist.

Just now, HarryPlopper said:

Two words.

Blades - nothing to do with Wednesday.

Hater - Something you despise.

My friend, you need a physiatrist.