Adam Reach

3 minutes ago, morganowl said:

saw bits of game, did he play the izzy brown role? or left wing back? ive no idea what system we played , looked like flint ,van aken as a 2 with llongo just in front . we certainly must have confused karanka . 

Figured it out about 25 mins in - when defending we played 4-4-2 and luongo sat as CDM- as soon as we got the ball at the back, Flint and Van Aken went wide and Luongo became the centre at the back.

That meant that Odubajo and Harris went further forward to be wing backs and Reach and Kachunga moved infield. 
It totally bamboozled the commentators, and more importantly the Birmingham team.

It was a really interesting way of playing and it worked today 

1 minute ago, Owly Mowly said:

Figured it out about 25 mins in - when defending we played 4-4-2 and luongo sat as CDM- as soon as we got the ball at the back, Flint and Van Aken went wide and Luongo became the centre at the back.

That meant that Odubajo and Harris went further forward to be wing backs and Reach and Kachunga moved infield. 
It totally bamboozled the commentators, and more importantly the Birmingham team.

its 1st time supporting weds since 1980s that i had no idea on our system .but it worked ,but need to get the 2nd and 3rd goals or there will be more 94th min goals go against us. 

Booooooo he's crap booooooooo. 

Obviously a confidence player. Hopefully the fans can get behind him and he'll either do well with us or we could sell him off for big bucks. 

Or we could slate him and let his contract run out ala Wednesday for the past 20 years. 

Sorry to put a slight negative on the Reach love-in.

He had a good game overall today, found plenty of space in good areas and was a threat.

However, he was slow out of the blocks and was on his heels in the first 10 minutes giving the ball away 3 times. He also needs to start getting stuck in for tackles and headers. Should have scored as well but skied it.

As I say though, overall a good performance from him today, way better than he has been for a while. Hopefully onwards and upwards for him now, along at the rest of the team.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

44 minutes ago, Owly Mowly said:

Amazing what you can do when you actually have some coaching staff. 

• Like 1

Reach is one of our better footballers.

What I want him to do is get on the ball. Take responsibility, don’t expect somebody else ie Bannan to always make things happen. 

If I were the manager this is what I would be telling him all the time. Just get on the ball.

Show some confidence.

First 60 mins he was involved in the game, last 20 less so.

Why did he stand 5 yards away when we had a throw but not show for the ball . Don’t know.

We have stats galore these days.

I would measure Reach on a simple one. How many times he touched the ball in the game.

Make him take responsibility.

Reach is a natural left sided player and I think wing back his is natural position? He can run all day has the ability to put a good early cross in that doesn’t give opp defence time to regroup ( not like harris who cuts back inside) it also means he doesn’t have to tackle as much as a left back( pity cus that’s his strong point😳😆) got to give monk his credit he said in the interview they knew with the injuries we had they had to work on a system as a one off and it worked a treat ! Think given a run of games on the left reach will settle and do wot he does best put quality balls into dangerous areas 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, rikowl said:

1915253956_AveragepositionsvsBrum.png.b11e79e8c209f7894a2332e7c455ceb6.png

These were the average positions, Reach and Kachunga did a fair bit of filling in as Harris and Odabajo attacked, but mainly pressured through the middle.

This shows it perfectly. 

Also shows why we dominated the game. Southampton played in similar way last year. Almost a 4-2-2-2

Amazing isn’t it. We sign a left sided player pulling trees up at Boro, play him on the left and is quality. Then, we faff him about playing him everywhere other than on the left and he underperforms. Fans get on his back. Then we put him back wide left and would you believe it? He plays well. Funny old game

Much improved performance what he has delivered for nearly 2 seasons.

Very good shot early on. Looked a threat. Created a little. However he should have scored. He slowed things down several times with porky weighted passes or balls that were behind and had to be waited for.

Took up some good positions. Strong 7/10 performance. If everyone supplies that all season we will win more than we lose. I just think he can do some basics much better. Don’t give the ball away as much, plat the ball at pace for players to step on to and in front of them.

4 hours ago, jonesy87shef said:

Much improved performance what he has delivered for nearly 2 seasons.

Very good shot early on. Looked a threat. Created a little. However he should have scored. He slowed things down several times with porky weighted passes or balls that were behind and had to be waited for.

Took up some good positions. Strong 7/10 performance. If everyone supplies that all season we will win more than we lose. I just think he can do some basics much better. Don’t give the ball away as much, plat the ball at pace for players to step on to and in front of them.

I love porky weighted passes. Made me snigger like Muttley. 

• Haha 1

17 hours ago, ruscol85 said:

Amazing isn’t it. We sign a left sided player pulling trees up at Boro, play him on the left and is quality. Then, we faff him about playing him everywhere other than on the left and he underperforms. Fans get on his back. Then we put him back wide left and would you believe it? He plays well. Funny old game

Do you think Reach played wide left on Saturday, then?

It certainly didn't look that way to me, and the average position chart posted earlier in this thread shows him occupying a pretty central position, too.

He did very well in that role and was unlucky not to score, but he wasn't wide left as far as I could see.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

Do you think Reach played wide left on Saturday, then?

It certainly didn't look that way to me, and the average position chart posted earlier in this thread shows him occupying a pretty central position, too.

He did very well in that role and was unlucky not to score, but he wasn't wide left as far as I could see.

No your right he played more central Saturday and was to the most part successful? But how many chances has he had there? He a left sided player all day long especially when brown ready to come back in. Stick him left wing back give him a run of games in his natural position and I’m sure it will benefit him and more important the team? He one of few in our team who can put a good ball in yet he been shunted all over the place over last 2-3 yrs started with jos and he scored a few worldies and that been it ! No he can’t tackle but lwb you don’t need to as much just get up and down and track your man not like left back