• Bannan
    • Paterson
    • Windass
    • Kachunga
    • Dele-Bashiru
    • Marriott
    • Pelupessy

4 hours ago, torryowl said:

Yep shocking wernt it.....but the bloke looks like he knows how to defend which is what you want from a centre half  ... 

Absolutely

When we are top six in the Prem we can buy a silk-slippered skilful CB. In the meantime Flint will be ideal. 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, davetherivelinowl said:

Based on this game? He had very little to do but did it very competently. Not sure why you'd want to single him out for criticism when he's done nothing wrong.

This seems to be an example of the stick that Dawson gets that I don't think is justified. He might not be as good as some other keepers we've had but he's doing fine.

This might not apply to the poster but there are some on here who dislike Dawson just for not being Westwood - or at least the Westwood of two-three seasons ago.

Westwood is a far better keeper than Dawson, however whatever he has done or said means that he will never play for us again so he is history and I don't have a problem with that. The goalkeeping situation is not a matter of personalities, about who you like or prefer... it's about keeping goals against to an absolute minimum to give your team the best chance to win games.

19 minutes ago, Hougoumont said:

Westwood is a far better keeper than Dawson, however whatever he has done or said means that he will never play for us again so he is history and I don't have a problem with that. The goalkeeping situation is not a matter of personalities, about who you like or prefer... it's about keeping goals against to an absolute minimum to give your team the best chance to win games.

I get that. I just thought it was unfair to have a go at him after a game in which he did nothing wrong. 

I'm not convinced that Westwood is still a better keeper. In his last spell in goal I thought he was making more mistakes than Dawson has.

I'm not a great fan of Dawson and would like us to sign someone better but he's OK. He was certainly Ok on Saturday.