• Reach
    • Bannan
    • Paterson
    • Windass
    • Kachunga
    • Dele-Bashiru
    • Marriott
    • Pelupessy

Loungo - what a performance that was! He played CDM when we were defending in front of the back 2 and when we had the ball played as middle of a back 3 to let Obubajo and Harris get further forward - very intelligent footballer and Monk can trust him to do exactly as instructed.

If it was just a vote on the second half I’d have gone for Paterson - the number of tackles he won and tracking back he did - never stopped running and is very very strong - and great pace and power to get infront of Clayton to win the penalty.

for 70 minutes we never gave them a second on the ball - think we tired later on but the addition of Flint at the back helped see out the last 10 

• Like 1

Only one who probably played under par was Kachunga but he wasn't terrible.

Bannan was determined ran his heart out, dogged tackling and put the penalty away easily. 

Reach getting back to his industrial ways seems to be playing with a spring in his step and never stopped running.

Van Aken was really up for the game and showing why he was highly rated before he came to Hillsborough. 

Luongo is getting better each game another one who seems to be enjoying playing now, have not been a fan of his, but he's definitely making me eat my words, hope he keeps progressing.

Flint surprised me played with a lot of intelligence and assuredness and to say that was his first game in ages you would have never guessed.

Windass and Paterson stuck to the game plan and battled for everything, a difficult game for them without Brown been in the team they had to feed off titbits.

When I saw the line up before the game I thought Monk had lost the plot, but he can take pride that his side stuck to his game plan and made Birmingham fight for every ball and yard and to say that was Brums first league defeat it was pretty impressive with all the injuries he had to overcome.

For the most part I thought that was a really good performance

If we hadn’t resorted to the long ball for the last 30 mins I think we would have won more comfortably

I thought the right hand side worked well with Odubajo and Reach, not so much down the left where both Kachunga and Harris were a bit iffy

Dawson 7

Odubajo 7 

Flint 8

van Aken 7

Harris 6

Luongo 7

Bannan 8 MOTM

Kachunga 5

Reach 8

Paterson 7

Windass 6

2 hours ago, Nick the Owl said:

Luongo for me but thought the 3 usual scapegoats of Reach, JVA and Odubajo had really solid games for us. Enjoyed Windass' performance as well, so glad he's our player. 

No No No you’re not allowed three scapegoats in one match that’s not the Owlstalk way at all.

You have to focus in on just one and really tear him apart. 
Any other way and your venom is diluted to the point it becomes ineffective.

Good solid performance against a team designed on a coach park littered with land mines /Barbed wire, Brick walls a couple of snipers and a Referee who's just finished the Mark Clattenburg Autobiography..

A life of Refereeing looking at myself in the mirror...... 

Well done Wednesday..

Batter Brentford next ...

• Like 1

2 hours ago, McRightSide said:

If we hadn’t resorted to the long ball for the last 30 mins I think we would have won more comfortably

I thought the right hand side worked well with Odubajo and Reach, not so much down the left where both Kachunga and Harris were a bit iffy

Dawson 7

Odubajo 7 

Flint 8

van Aken 7

Harris 6

Luongo 7

Bannan 8 MOTM

Kachunga 5

Reach 8

Paterson 7

Windass 6

2 hours ago, McRightSide said:

Dawson 7

Odubajo 7 

Flint 8

van Aken 7

Harris 6

Luongo 7

Bannan 8 MOTM

Kachunga 5

Reach 8

Paterson 7

Windass 6

Windass was twice as good as Harris, should be given an 8 for me

Guest Kagoshimaowl

Dawson 6 did ok. Nothing to do really 

Odubajo 7 solid and decent going forward 

Flint 9 outstanding first performance. He’s perfect for us

Van Aken 8 had a great game. What a brilliant block at the end

Harris 7 at full back? Wow. Stick to his task admirably 

Luongo 8 outstanding. Been out player of the season so far

Bannan 7.5 did well but quieter than usual. Great penalty 

Reach 7. Decent game. Worked hard and should have scored

Kachunga 5 thought he was the one blot on the performance. Really struggled I thought 

Windass 7.5 very good. Harries and closes down. I like him

Paterson 7.5 won the penalty and could have had another. Works so hard and wins his headers. Not sure he’s a goal threat though 

Marriott 7 looked bright. Almost scored from a tight angle 

Dele-Bashiru 5 really struggled when he came on

Pelupessy n/a

A very good performance almost ruined by the usual Monk negativity in the last 15 minutes. Not quite sure what the formation was though. We won so I guess it worked but I think Monk would have been hammered for it if we’d lost.

Flint made all the difference in defence today. A big improvement at CB.

Luongo is fantastic in that role.

Paterson didn’t let them settle for a moment and defended well too (my MOM vote for that)

Reach gets a lot of praise and I understand why...but his contribution is poor. Watch him closely and you’ll see so much waste and no end product.

As a whole, this team is going to be quite good when we get everyone back and a settled side.

Taking off a striker and bringing Pelupessy on nearly cost us points again. We cannot drop deep and defend for 15 minutes against good sides.

• Like 1