What the heck are ifollow playing at?

8 minutes ago, onslow said:

I've had the same issue, last couple of games.

Went to check my direct debit for the audio pass today and saw it hadn't been charged since Aug. I think they've changed payment companies. So I've cancelled the old Audio pass and signed up again on the ifollow plan. Same price, see if it works on the next game.

thanks, nice of them to tell us! 

Really can’t understand how the numpty producing the show didn’t switch by to St Andrews when it was clear the penalty at Barnsley was going to take an age. But why do we even have those around the grounds? There is no way a Barnsley fan would listen to the whole SWFC game just to catch snippets of the dingles match. 

I really appreciate the coverage we get from RS, but that whole concept is poo . 

• Like 3

I got AUDIO only for the first half, worked perfectly for the 2nd half, aside from the commentary during the stoppage time, and nothing post-match.  I could see what was happening though, it was tense.  I prefer Pearson & O'Neil, they're all about SWFC.  

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Neon Nick said:

I got AUDIO only for the first half, worked perfectly for the 2nd half, aside from the commentary during the stoppage time, and nothing post-match.  I could see what was happening though, it was tense.  I prefer Pearson & O'Neil, they're all about SWFC.  

Not sure who the bloke was alongside Laws was but I said to my mates after about 10 minutes into the game that he sounded as if he didn't  want to be there. 

Not sure if I'm imagining it but in the days before ifollow when they used radio Sheffield and they went around the grounds they kept on commentating at ours maybe they flicked a switch or summat?

17 hours ago, mkowl said:

Yep never got any today 

Was quite funny listening to the shouts from the side though. Massimo got the bulk of their abuse

One of the best positives we took from the game was the excellent coaching being shouted on to try and help manage the players and game, not heard that detail and passion from the sidelines in years. One of our new management team, really great stuff. It helps keep players concentration levels up and positional play. Bodes well for the future and a massive improvement on Bullen etc

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Stan Dupowls said:

One of the best positives we took from the game was the excellent coaching being shouted on to try and help manage the players and game, not heard that detail and passion from the sidelines in years. One of our new management team, really great stuff. It helps keep players concentration levels up and positional play. Bodes well for the future and a massive improvement on Bullen etc

Absolutely - I did laugh that professional players were being shouted to run and get back to their position like 9 year olds but I concur 

14 hours ago, N0rtherner said:

iFollow wouldn't even accept my match pass payment through PayPal... ffs, if a streaming service doesn't have a technical solution that allows me to easily pay, then watch, I'm not about to feel guilty over that club statement. I tried paying 3 times, even logged in to my PayPal to check my account and see if something had gone wrong or something blocked on my credit card, but other PayPal payments have gone just fine recently.

If they put up poo barriers, people will look elsewhere.

Mind, I'll try the payment option on iFollow again next weekend.

same, tried to PayPal it three times yesterday, just got a uselessly vague ‘there has been an error, please try again’ every time. Was semi-convinced I’d eventually end up being charged for all three an’ all.

Very iffy about inputting my card details on there, iFollow doesn’t let me use any of my own security features like private browsing, blocking trackers and cookies etc - you have to basically disable any safety settings to even use it at all.

Seems like EXACTLY the sort of site that ends up getting hacked and having to contact 300,000 customers to say their details have been ‘compromised’.

• Like 2

18 hours ago, Lawrie Madden said:

Ifollow is a crap service that we are paying through the nose for just get over it 

I must be one of the lucky ones.

Never had a problem logging on, always had a very good picture, no complaints at all.

Except the absolutely crap Radio Sheffield commentaries.

Ok if you're watching the game, I suppose, but if you are relying on audio the Radio Sheffield service is truly pathetic.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, erowl said:

The club were bragging what a good service it is yesterday

Took ages to get logged on before the game

"bragging" 😂😂😂

They're trying to maximise revenue because people are getting illegal streams. You know, due to lack of fans etc?

We want a club come the end of the season don't we?

1 minute ago, Apple said:

"bragging" 😂😂😂

They're trying to maximise revenue because people are getting illegal streams. You know, due to lack of fans etc?

We want a club come the end of the season don't we?

Yeah.

Do you think whilst the club are charging us for this service that they receive the full amount for that we might just be able to watch/listen to the full match instead of missing 50% of the first half and then commentary cutting away to another game whilst we still had 6 minutes of our game to go?

The logging on is not a 'one off' either as it's been the same since we came back from lockdown at the end of last season.

If they're selling the service then provide the full service.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, erowl said:

Yeah.

Do you think whilst the club are charging us for this service that they receive the full amount for that we might just be able to watch/listen to the full match instead of missing 50% of the first half and then commentary cutting away to another game whilst we still had 6 minutes of our game to go?

The logging on is not a 'one off' either as it's been the same since we came back from lockdown at the end of last season.

If they're selling the service then provide the full service.

But it's not the club providing the service. Point your annoyance at the EFL. I doubt the club gets 100% of the fee. The club is trying to survive so of course they're going to issue a plea to fans. 

My point is they're not bragging about anything.

But if you want to add a negative spin on it, go ahead and enjoy your misery.

• Like 1

Never had any commentary all thru the game and the other week had full commentary for a Leeds game FFS so headphones off and watched in silence.

For those who sometimes cannot log onto ifollow make sure you logout after every game - just saying.

3 minutes ago, Apple said:

But it's not the club providing the service. Point your annoyance at the EFL. I doubt the club gets 100% of the fee. The club is trying to survive so of course they're going to issue a plea to fans. 

My point is they're not bragging about anything.

But if you want to add a negative spin on it, go ahead and enjoy your misery.

Here's what the club said they receive:

Sheffield Wednesday receive 100% of the £10 match pass cost from our supporters purchasing live streams of Championship fixtures...

So you don't believe the club?

Where's the negative spin? I paid a fee and expect a service?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, erowl said:

Sheffield Wednesday receive 100% of the £10 match pass cost from our supporters purchasing live streams of Championship fixtures...

Do you think there isn't a fee we have to pay the EFL or whoever provides the service?

16 minutes ago, owlsruleok said:

Never had any commentary all thru the game and the other week had full commentary for a Leeds game FFS so headphones off and watched in silence.

For those who sometimes cannot log onto ifollow make sure you logout after every game - just saying.

Have you tried the volume button? lol

Casting from laptop to TV yesterday I had 2 commentaries. 

One must have been yours. 

19 hours ago, bradowl said:

Very annoying during injury time listening to Dingles penalty, I suppose if we didn't have radio Sheffield commentary for away games we would have a bias commentary from Birmingham City production team to listen too.. 

Good job I cashed in my acca as I had Bristol for the win....🤣

37 minutes ago, erowl said:

35 minutes ago, Apple said:

Do you think there isn't a fee we have to pay the EFL or whoever provides the service?

I was wondering this myself... but whatever the arrangement is, the club get £10. 

If the club have paid upfront for the use of the service then who knows.... in which case we’d be helping the club knock £10 a time off their outlay..... maybe ?