Here is todays team v Birmingham

Just now, Sgt Wednesday said:

Not really, without Iorfa we are lacking pace in the back 3.

have you seen odebajio defend? ive witnessed him alone concede just about every pen we gave away in last 18months. wing back instead of hopeless harris yes. back 3 absolute no way. 

If we are playing 3 at the back Flint has to play in the middle.

If you play both Borner and Van Aken then one has to play on the right hand side when both are totally left footed.

This is why I expected Paterson to play right side centre back if Palmer wasn’t fit

• Like 1

Birmingham will attack Odubajo and JVA in the air.   Flint will need to cover them in the air. 

Bannan will drop and help JVA.  Luongo will help Odubajo.  

Windass will need to be good with the ball at feet today.  Both he and Kachunga to play off Paterson.  

12 minutes ago, Shetland Owl said:

Owls line-up Birmingham: Dawson: Luongo, Flint, van Aken; Odubajo, Bannan, Reach, Kachunga, Harris; Paterson, Windass. #SWFC

Dawson

Oddubajo,  Flint, Van Aken, Harris

Luongo.     Bannan

Kachunga.   Windass.  Reach

Paterson    

Thoughts anyone

It won't happen because Monk has decided that 352 is the formation no matter what, even if it means shoehorning players into it, , but that line up would look better in a 433 for me, which becomes 451 when we're defending. 

Odubajo - Flint - Van Aken - Reach (or Penney)

Bannan - Luongo

Windass

Kachunga - Paterson - Harris 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, oldishowl said:

If we are playing 3 at the back Flint has to play in the middle.

If you play both Borner and Van Aken then one has to play on the right hand side when both are totally left footed.

This is why I expected Paterson to play right side centre back if Palmer wasn’t fit

Bit of a radical idea this, but bear with me...

If we’re starting with two centre halves, why not play a formation which uses... wait for it... two centre halves?

• Like 3

Guest Jack the Hat
19 minutes ago, Shetland Owl said:

Owls line-up Birmingham: Dawson: Luongo, Flint, van Aken; Odubajo, Bannan, Reach, Kachunga, Harris; Paterson, Windass. #SWFC

3 defenders and 4 number 10’s. 
I remember watching a programme on David Bowie and he went through a stage of writing words on paper, throwing them in the floor and picking them up randomly. I wonder if that’s how Monk picks his team.

1 minute ago, beswetherick said:

Bit of a radical idea this, but bear with me...

If we’re starting with two centre halves, why not play a formation which uses... wait for it... two centre halves?

But why do that when you can play your only natural RWB at CB, and a left winger at RWB? 

What would be so difficult about Harris and Reach at wing back, Odubajo emergency RCB with Kachunga or Windass filling the attacking midfielder (brown) role?

Are the local journos (or their source at the club)  having a late April Fool joke, suggesting Luongo at CB?

7 minutes ago, morganowl said:

have you seen odebajio defend? ive witnessed him alone concede just about every pen we gave away in last 18months. wing back instead of hopeless harris yes. back 3 absolute no way. 

Odubajo is a decent Championship player, yes, he's had a poor start with obvious errors, let's not write him off though.

Just saying 'hopeless Harris' tells me you aren't fully sure of what you are talking about.