It's all down to Monk now.

12 minutes ago, Emilianenko said:

Because I gives Monk credit when he does well. Whereas when Rhodes plays well you can’t praise him. Comments like he just throws himself to the ground etc, when he wins free kicks. Or when he wins free kicks which he ends up scoring from, you heap the praise on others.

Wow. You are unbelievable. Double standards galore. When have you ever supported Monk?  

By the way, here you go:

On 14/12/2019 at 23:20, shandypants said:

I’m well pleased and relieved for Rhodes. I have been his greatest critic and stated quite clearly that he was yesterday’s man. I thought he was done - I honestly did but he took his goals beautifully today and rammed my criticism down my throat. Long may it last. 

Guest Jack the Hat
2 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

We can though

We can read every time you post that you support him but at the same time repeatedly and repetitively slate him and want him sacked etc

I think that's where the issue arises

Maybe 'own' your opinion, say you don't  want him here,  don't back him and don't support him instead of trying to con us all and then you will get the respect of others

Having your opinion on Monk is totally fine - no issues with that

But not backing him and saying you're backing him just makes you look ridiculous  to everyone who reads your posts 👍

He’s saying that he doesn’t think Monk will be the manager we need but hopes he is proven wrong . It’s a simple message which you are twisting in your usual devisive way. You say he’s allowed an opinion but call him ridiculous when he does. But no problem. If you don’t like my criticism you can just delete my post. Again! Which makes your claim of people being allowed an opinion ridiculous. This message will self destruct in 3.....2.....1......

I remember beating Reading 6-2 with a superb performance during Dave Jones disastrous Championship reign. I hoped it was a turning point, I wanted us to kick on and produce some good form. I didn’t really believe we would though, the writing was already on the wall. It didn’t mean I didn’t support the club or manager it was just my opinion.

38 minutes ago, Emilianenko said:

Because I gives Monk credit when he does well. Whereas when Rhodes plays well you can’t praise him. Comments like he just throws himself to the ground etc, when he wins free kicks. Or when he wins free kicks which he ends up scoring from, you heap the praise on others.

You’re either very forgetful, or a liar. 

On this very sane subject you’ve stated all of the problems this year are down to Monk. When I questioned the good performances leading up to Xmas last year, your answer was it was a Honeymoon period. Nothing to do with Monk.  So saying you give Monk credit is not true. 

I thought at that point you were just a wind up merchant, now I realise you’ve got bigger problems.

Do you ever wonder why you keep having the same argument with different people ?

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Sergeant Tibbs said:

You’re either very forgetful, or a liar. 

On this very sane subject you’ve stated all of the problems this year are down to Monk. When I questioned the good performances leading up to Xmas last year, your answer was it was a Honeymoon period. Nothing to do with Monk.  So saying you give Monk credit is not true. 

I thought at that point you were just a wind up merchant, now I realise you’ve got bigger problems.

Do you ever wonder why you keep having the same argument with different people ?

Hughes is clearly having a good effect on the players. Couldn’t hear Monk yesterday. 

34 minutes ago, Jack the Hat said:

He’s saying that he doesn’t think Monk will be the manager we need but hopes he is proven wrong . It’s a simple message which you are twisting in your usual devisive way. You say he’s allowed an opinion but call him ridiculous when he does. But no problem. If you don’t like my criticism you can just delete my post. Again! Which makes your claim of people being allowed an opinion ridiculous. This message will self destruct in 3.....2.....1......

It is a simple message, obviously not for the hard of thinking though.

5 minutes ago, Emilianenko said:

Hughes is clearly having a good effect on the players. Couldn’t hear Monk yesterday. 

He works for Monk
Monk brought him to the club
Monk tells him to coach the players

Monk manages him whilst he calls out instructions

Monk oversees, manages and improves things

Hughes does what Monk says, and works for Monk

We wouldn't have Hughes without Monk bringing him here

In a thread titled 'it's all down to Monk' maybe give Monk the credit that it's all down to him that Hughes is here, that it's a great addition and Monk did great  for doing that

• Like 1

Owlstalk Shop

4 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

He works for Monk

In a thread titled 'it's all down to Monk' maybe give Monk the credit that it's all down to him that Hughes is here, that it's a great addition and Monk did great  for doing that

Monks record is poor without him . Well done Garry Monk for fetching in your successor.

Guest Jack the Hat
4 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

He works for Monk

I’ve not seen that many monks since I watched the Davinci code. Your point seems to be that when Monks influence is positive we can praise him but when it doesn’t quite pan out you can’t criticise!

6 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

He works for Monk

Plus it is a bit naive to say that the team improvement is down to Hughes alone. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Emilianenko said:

So Monk can be the brains and Hughes can be the motivator.

That works for me. As long as the management / coaching team bring attributes to the job that are collectively positive, I can't see there's a problem.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Roy Of The Roasters said:

So Monk can be the brains and Hughes can be the motivator.

That works for me. As long as the management / coaching team bring attributes to the job that are collectively positive, I can't see there's a problem.

It’s quite clear Hughes is the brains, Monk still sitting on a lead proves he hasn’t learnt from previous mistakes.

1 minute ago, Emilianenko said:

It’s quite clear Hughes is the brains, Monk still sitting on a lead proves he hasn’t learnt from previous mistakes.

Yeah cos what we should be doing is leading 1-0 in a game then push everyone forward in the search for another (needless) goal  when we started the season on -12 points and need to survive in this division

• Like 1

Owlstalk Shop

6 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Yeah cos what we should be doing is leading 1-0 in a game then push everyone forward in the search for another (needless) goal  when we started the season on -12 points and need to survive in this division

We’ve conceded over 20 goals in the dying minutes using this tactic.  Yesterday we got away with it. But let’s keep taking off strikers for Joey.

53 minutes ago, Jack the Hat said:

The ‘simple message’, that is seemingly lost on some in this thread, is that you can’t claim to be ‘supporting’ a manager whilst at the same time be continuously slagging them off as a poor manager; that isn’t ‘support’. 

Criticism is not the same as constructive criticism. 

There is no perfect manager out there, and even if there was they would not be eyeing Wednesday up as their dream job! 

So get realistic and support the people who are actually at the club now and who are trying to get us out of the bottom three ASAP. That is the simple reality of what’s needed now.

Having so called ‘supporters’ constantly having a dig at everything you do, even when your team has just played well and won, can’t exactly be a great motivation to keep trying!

• Like 2

I find it really odd that all these people who don't think Monk is the man are crying because they get called out as/when they slate him, and repetitively and repeatedly are slagging  him off  when at the same time they claim to be 'right behind him' and 'hope he proves me wrong' etc  etc

It's like they want to be able to totally destroy his reputation amongst Owls fans, and try to recruit other people into their Monk hate festival group instead of just saying 'he's not my cup of tea really' and leaving it at that

• Like 2

Owlstalk Shop