It's all down to Monk now.

13 minutes ago, sonofbert2 said:

I watched the game with a Liverpool fan today and he said the way Monk had got the team playing for each other and their burning passion reminded him of when the penny dropped for him about Klopp and what lay ahead for Liverpool.

Yes! Champions League followed by the Premier League Title!!!

24 minutes ago, Emilianenko said:

I want Monk to do well. I am of the opinion that he won’t do well.  Spot the difference.

Neither of those statements are actually ‘supporting’ Monk though are they?

You don’t ‘support’ someone by constantly telling them how you think they’re rubbish at their job and should quit or be sacked.

9 minutes ago, Key said:

Neither of those statements are actually ‘supporting’ Monk though are they?

You don’t ‘support’ someone by constantly telling them how you think they’re rubbish at their job and should quit or be sacked.

He can’t hear me.

I support Sheffield Wednesday, just because I don’t put my fingers in my ears and close my eyes thinking everything is great , doesn’t mean I don’t.

2 hours ago, Emilianenko said:

He can’t hear me.

We can though

We can read every time you post that you support him but at the same time repeatedly and repetitively slate him and want him sacked etc

I think that's where the issue arises

Maybe 'own' your opinion, say you don't  want him here,  don't back him and don't support him instead of trying to con us all and then you will get the respect of others

Having your opinion on Monk is totally fine - no issues with that

But not backing him and saying you're backing him just makes you look ridiculous  to everyone who reads your posts 👍

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Owlstalk Shop

6 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

We can though

We can read every time you post that you support but at the same time slate him and want him sacked etc

Maybe 'own' your opinion, say you don't  want him here,  don't back him and don't support him instead of trying to con us all and then you will get the respect of others

But not backing him and saying you're backing him just makes you look ridiculous  to everyone who reads your posts 👍

I don’t think he’s a very good manager. I want him to do well and prove me wrong, therefore SWFC do well. It’s not difficult.

2 hours ago, Emilianenko said:

I want Monk to do well. I am of the opinion that he won’t do well.  Spot the difference.

The difference is that you are now backtracking, as well you know. 

Had we not won yesterday,  your approach would be the usual Monk is rubbish etc. 

Did Monks team play well yesterday ?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Emilianenko said:

I don’t think he’s a very good manager. I want him to do well and prove me wrong, therefore SWFC do well. It’s not difficult.

I understand your point here. This is exactly how I feel about Jordan Rhodes but you wouldn’t accept my point of view (Holmowl accepted it but still supported Rhodes). How come you assert that it’s valid for you to feel this way about Monk but assert that it’s wrong for me to feel exactly the same way about Rhodes? 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Sergeant Tibbs said:

The difference is that you are now backtracking, as well you know. 

Had we not won yesterday,  your approach would be the usual Monk is rubbish etc. 

Did Monks team play well yesterday ?

Why am I backtracking, I have given Monk praise for yesterday. One swallow and all that. We seem to do well after a break( not sure why?). We are set up to nick results which works better away from home. If he can set us up to win at home then he will get more praise from me.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, @owlstalk said:

We can though

We can read every time you post that you support but at the same time slate him and want him sacked etc

You’re not listening. He’s 100% behind Monk. Won’t be calling for his head or saying he’s rubbish anymore. Not for a few days anyway.

:duntmatter:

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, shandypants said:

I understand your point here. This is exactly how I feel about Jordan Rhodes but you wouldn’t accept my point of view (Holmowl accepted it but still supported Rhodes). How come you assert that it’s valid for you to feel this way about Monk but assert that it’s wrong for me to feel exactly the same way about Rhodes? 

Because I gives Monk credit when he does well. Whereas when Rhodes plays well you can’t praise him. Comments like he just throws himself to the ground etc, when he wins free kicks. Or when he wins free kicks which he ends up scoring from, you heap the praise on others.

3 minutes ago, Sergeant Tibbs said:

You’re not listening. He’s 100% behind Monk. Won’t be calling for his head or saying he’s rubbish anymore. Not for a few days anyway.

:duntmatter:

Nothings changed cos we’ve won. I still don’t think Monk is the man. If we lose the next game are you going to admit he’s not the right man for us? No because that’s just silly.