It's all down to Monk now.

Thing is there are fans that have been behind Monk from day one and there are fans like myself that don’t rate him.

It’s that simple but it doesn’t stop the clever tw@ts and ‘I Told You So’s’ from coming out with sarky and clever comments after a good result and performance.

Bottom line is not one person on here wants to see us relegated whether it proves the Monk-in or Anti-Monk brigade right or wrong but all we’re going to get this season after each match whether it be a win, a draw or a loss is more of what we’re seeing in this thread tonight.

As I’ve said countless times before people have different opinions whether they are proved to be right or wrong, they are entitled to them.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Guest Jack the Hat
20 minutes ago, shandypants said:

For believing it will Monk’s sole responsibility and therefore his fault if we don’t get out of this mess. 

Except that’s not what I said. Why overeact?  He has now been backed more than most managers in this league and has been given a fair crack of the whip. The squad we have is easily better than most in the league and capable of staying up despite the deduction. And now he has his people in place. If this squad performs badly and is not noticeably improved from what we had before he is mainly culpable. Nothing at a club is the sole responsibility of one person but aspects can be largely attributed to certain appointed individuals like any company. I have given no benchmarks as to what success or failure is so I have no clue how you come to the conclusion you have. It seems you have taken the easy option of compartmentalising me into the category of Monk Hater who wants Wednesday to lose- which is a lazy and ridiculous assumption. This can also be said of @owlstalk - but that’s to be expected of him. Just because somebody questions a manager from time to time it doesn’t mean they want him sacking. Monk is ages away from being sacked due to the goodwill provided from his teams performances this season so far. But make no mistake, this is now his team and he will stand or fall on performances like any manager and shouldn’t be allowed excuses. This is what the OP said and he was spot on. Thank you for the apology I appreciate it.

Guest Jack the Hat
55 minutes ago, HOOTIE AND THE poo TU said:

It's a bit sad that we have so called Wednesdayites disappointed after a win

Who?

9 minutes ago, Jim said:

Thing is there are fans that have been behind Monk from day one and there are fans like myself that don’t rate him.

It’s that simple but it doesn’t stop the clever tw@ts and ‘I Told You So’s’ from coming out with sarky and clever comments after a good result and performance.

Bottom line is not one person on here wants to see us relegated whether it proves the Monk-in or Anti-Monk brigade right or wrong but all we’re going to get this season after each match whether it be a win, a draw or a loss is more of what we’re seeing in this thread tonight.

As I’ve said countless times before people have different opinions whether they are proved to be right or wrong, they are entitled to them.

Both 'sides' (and I use that in the loosest sense of the term) are as bad as each other.

Since the QPR game, we've had certain posters posting a constant stream of negativity about Monk, trying to convince others that our start to the season has been terrible and we'll inevitably be relegated unless he's sacked. 

Then we win and another group of posters perk up and start gloating, back-slapping and high-fiving, whilst some of the first lot go A.W.O.L. until our next defeat.

Then we lose a game and...well, you get the idea.

The louder one group shout when a result supports their worldview, the more vociferous the other side respond when the balance tilts their way.

It's exhausting.

And more importantly, it mostly misses the truth of the matter.

• Like 2

Just now, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

Both 'sides' (and I use that in the loosest sense of the term) are as bad as each other.

Since the QPR game, we've had certain posters posting a constant stream of negativity about Monk, trying to convince others that our start to the season has been terrible and we'll inevitably be relegated unless he's sacked. 

Then we win and another group of posters perk up and start gloating, back-slapping and high-fiving, whilst some of the first lot go A.W.O.L. until our next defeat.

Then we lose a game and...well, you get the idea.

The louder one group shout when a result supports their worldview, the more vociferous the other side respond when the balance tilts their way.

It's exhausting.

And more importantly, it mostly misses the truth of the matter.

Bang on

It's the Monk haters fault - they should support the manager instead of willing  him to fail so they can say told you so

Owlstalk Shop

30 minutes ago, Jim said:

Every body are entitled to their opinions but your relentless criticism and attacks on Monk are bordering on obsessive 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, @owlstalk said:

Bang on

It's the Monk haters fault - they should support the manager instead of willing  him to fail so they can say told you so

I don't go in for all the 'haters' / 'lovers' stuff, but I agree that the original root cause of the issue was the over-the-top criticism / abuse aimed Monk's way from certain quarters.

Having said that, some of the hyperbolic nonsense posted in his defence has been almost as ridiculous and does little to encourage intelligent discussion.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, shandypants said:

For believing it will Monk’s sole responsibility and therefore his fault if we don’t get out of this mess. 

1 hour ago, Jack the Hat said:

Except that’s not what I said. Why overeact?  He has now been backed more than most managers in this league and has been given a fair crack of the whip. The squad we have is easily better than most in the league and capable of staying up despite the deduction. And now he has his people in place. If this squad performs badly and is not noticeably improved from what we had before he is mainly culpable. Nothing at a club is the sole responsibility of one person but aspects can be largely attributed to certain appointed individuals like any company. I have given no benchmarks as to what success or failure is so I have no clue how you come to the conclusion you have. It seems you have taken the easy option of compartmentalising me into the category of Monk Hater who wants Wednesday to lose- which is a lazy and ridiculous assumption. This can also be said of @owlstalk - but that’s to be expected of him. Just because somebody questions a manager from time to time it doesn’t mean they want him sacking. Monk is ages away from being sacked due to the goodwill provided from his teams performances this season so far. But make no mistake, this is now his team and he will stand or fall on performances like any manager and shouldn’t be allowed excuses. This is what the OP said and he was spot on. Thank you for the apology I appreciate it.

Where and when did I say you were a Monk Hater? I never said that nor did I say you wanted Wednesday to lose. Also, I’m not angry but just arguing my point. Also, although it appeared so, you should know that I wasn’t swearing at you but using my course language as a device to emphasise the adjective I used. Furthermore, I am not a Chansiri “hater” - I am just trying to point out that he has brought about the dire situation that we find ourself in. It seems you have taken the easy option of taking what you consider to be the moral high ground and you have done that by making incorrect judgements about me. 

But back to the discussion: 

If Monk hasn’t been hamstrung, what would you call the 12 point deduction? An interesting challenge? 

32 minutes ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

I don't go in for all the 'haters' / 'lovers' stuff, but I agree that the original root cause of the issue was the over-the-top criticism / abuse aimed Monk's way from certain quarters.

Having said that, some of the hyperbolic nonsense posted in his defence has been almost as ridiculous and does little to encourage intelligent discussion.

There doesn’t seem to be a day that goes by without a daily exchange of views from both sides of this pointless argument. 
Unless we go on a 6 - 8 game Losing streak, Monk is going nowhere. Several will still continue to lobby for his execution, and several will respond. 
And I believe that if Monk were to guide us to safety, several will continue to continue to lobby for his execution. The agenda is set. 

But today is a good day, we’ve won at a ground that we’ve struggled at over the last 4 years, new players have come in, and the much maligned keeper has kept a clean sheet.  I fail to see the need for questioning the manager on a winning day.

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

Agreed

They've set the whole situation up in a ridiculous over the top way that it's now a tribal thing of Monk haters just piling on the hate whenever they get the chance and no matter what thread it's in *cough* Jim *cough*

You're 100% right to criticise those people and highlight how ridiculous and agenda ridden they are

Well done mate 👍

Owlstalk Shop

8 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Agreed

They've set the whole situation up in a ridiculous over the top way that it's now a tribal thing of Monk haters just piling on the hate whenever they get the chance and no matter what thread it's in *cough* Jim *cough*

You're 100% right to criticise those people and highlight how ridiculous and agenda ridden they are

Well done mate 👍

As I said, both 'sides' are as bad as each other. Meanwhile, truth, intelligent discussion, and honesty are the victims.

I doubt it's going to change any time soon, though.

3 minutes ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

As I said, both 'sides' are as bad as each other. Meanwhile, truth, intelligent discussion, and honesty are the victims.

I doubt it's going to change any time soon, though.

I’m neither a Monk Hater nor Lover; I just think it’s unreasonable now to say that Monk has been backed so it’s now down to him (as stated in the OP) - the situation is more complex than that. 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Agreed

Well done mate 👍

Or maybe the site owners bias causes the issues?