It's all down to Monk now.

1 hour ago, Jack the Hat said:

He’s not hamstrung. He’s been backed. I’m not interested in him doing his best . I would do my best. I want a manager who succeeds not just tries. Do you think jos and Carlos didn’t try?

So you’re saying that if Monk does his best and we still fail then it’s still his fault? You’re fvvcking crackers pal. What sort of fantasy world do you live in?!! If Monk isn’t good enough then it’s not his fault, it’s the person that appointed him. 

Edited by shandypants
  • Like 3

Guest Jack the Hat
5 minutes ago, shandypants said:

So you’re saying that if Monk does his best and we still fail then it’s still his fault? You’re fvvcking crackers pal. What sort of fantasy world do you live in?!! If Monk isn’t good enough then it’s not his fault, it’s the person that appointed him. 

Nobody in this thread is saying get rid of him, certainly not me. What the point of the thread is - if you can see through the red mist - is that he has been backed by the much criticised chairman- so now is the time to come up with the goods. You have just said if this doesn’t happen it’s still Chansiris fault. I disagree. When you do a job it is up to you to take responsibility for your part - in monks case the   Results on the field. That’s his job not the chairman’s. I also don’t like being swore at. I realise people don’t respect each other much these days but I still believe in mutual respect.

so far so good. But you need to calm down pal.

Guest Jack the Hat
39 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Some gutted folk in this thread tonight

lol

If you’re referring to me then I’m delighted. We won away from home. 

50 minutes ago, Jack the Hat said:

Nobody in this thread is saying get rid of him, certainly not me. What the point of the thread is - if you can see through the red mist - is that he has been backed by the much criticised chairman- so now is the time to come up with the goods. You have just said if this doesn’t happen it’s still Chansiris fault. I disagree. When you do a job it is up to you to take responsibility for your part - in monks case the   Results on the field. That’s his job not the chairman’s. I also don’t like being swore at. I realise people don’t respect each other much these days but I still believe in mutual respect.

so far so good. But you need to calm down pal.

Sorry for swearing at you. You’re crackers pal. 

4 hours ago, Key said:

Jeez!

So you don’t think starting the season on -12 points should be a hindrance at all then?

Have the EFL instructed several teams to let us catch them up before they start trying to get any points for themselves?

Was the points deduction Monk’s fault?

Whether you think Monk is good, bad or indifferent as a manager, if Wednesday are out of the bottom three come the end of this season he and the players will have had a very good season.

It would be nice to think that all Wednesday supporters would be getting behind the manager and players throughout what is going to be a very difficult season.

It would be nice to think that, but there’s already plenty out there with their knives out and poison pens at the ready waiting for any and every opportunity to have a go at Monk, Chansiri and this week’s scapegoat player.

Support seems to have changed its meaning since social media came into being!

Absolutely bang on.

If we finish 4th from bottom it will have been a good season.

Given the turnover of players in the summer, the fact that players will have no doubt been put off signing for us due to the deduction and not forgetting how big a deficit 12 points is to overturn survival will be a huge result for the club.

To put it in context, 50 points is widely considered to be the benchmark for survival so we need to get 62 points this season which would usually leave us around 10th-12th in the league.

Monk has a track record of keeping a side up before after suffering a hefty points deduction, he is a good manager and I think he deserves our backing to do it again.

• Like 3

Guest Therealrealist
15 minutes ago, daveyboy66 said:

It's more important to be right on social media than the club getting out of the predicament we are in...sadmotherfuckers

16 minutes ago, daveyboy66 said:

It's more important to be right on social media than the club getting out of the predicament we are in...sadmotherfuckers

Nonsense..ballax..call it what you want..not one Wednesday fan will be gutted we have won tonight..you never fail to be one of the worse posters on here

Guest Therealrealist

The monk outers don’t want Wednesday to get relegated...some really crap comments in this thread..it’s bitter divisive garbage..have an hour off..fans are allowed different opinions