It's all down to Monk now.

5 minutes ago, Jack the Hat said:

So Monk has no responsibility for what goes on the pitch. Everything is Chansiri fault? Didn’t seem to Phase Bruce that much. If we don’t get out of the bottom 3 in this league with the amount of backing he has had it IS Monks fault and no god awful builder analogy will mask that.

Jeez!

So you don’t think starting the season on -12 points should be a hindrance at all then?

Have the EFL instructed several teams to let us catch them up before they start trying to get any points for themselves?

Was the points deduction Monk’s fault?

Whether you think Monk is good, bad or indifferent as a manager, if Wednesday are out of the bottom three come the end of this season he and the players will have had a very good season.

It would be nice to think that all Wednesday supporters would be getting behind the manager and players throughout what is going to be a very difficult season.

It would be nice to think that, but there’s already plenty out there with their knives out and poison pens at the ready waiting for any and every opportunity to have a go at Monk, Chansiri and this week’s scapegoat player.

Support seems to have changed its meaning since social media came into being!

• Like 4

Guest Jack the Hat
29 minutes ago, Key said:

Jeez!

So you don’t think starting the season on -12 points should be a hindrance at all then?

Have the EFL instructed several teams to let us catch them up before they start trying to get any points for themselves?

Was the points deduction Monk’s fault?

Whether you think Monk is good, bad or indifferent as a manager, if Wednesday are out of the bottom three come the end of this season he and the players will have had a very good season.

It would be nice to think that all Wednesday supporters would be getting behind the manager and players throughout what is going to be a very difficult season.

It would be nice to think that, but there’s already plenty out there with their knives out and poison pens at the ready waiting for any and every opportunity to have a go at Monk, Chansiri and this week’s scapegoat player.

Support seems to have changed its meaning since social media came into being!

Even more excuses. I support Wednesday not Monk. I am behind him for now but he has no more excuses the 12 point deduction will alter our league position but it shouldn’t alter any thing else. So stop making excuses. He may come good yet.

4 minutes ago, Jack the Hat said:

Even more excuses. I support Wednesday not Monk. I am behind him for now but he has no more excuses the 12 point deduction will alter our league position but it shouldn’t alter any thing else. So stop making excuses. He may come good yet.

Really? You hide it very well!

lol

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

37 minutes ago, Jack the Hat said:

All the way through! It’s all on Chansiri!!!

No. I was trying to point out that Monk was somewhat hamstrung. I actually said that if we can see that Monk is trying his best then we can’t really complain. Monk can only do his best; if he does and we still fail then it’s not his fault  - it’s impossible to do better than your best. 

Guest Jack the Hat
31 minutes ago, shandypants said:

No. I was trying to point out that Monk was somewhat hamstrung. I actually said that if we can see that Monk is trying his best then we can’t really complain. Monk can only do his best; if he does and we still fail then it’s not his fault  - it’s impossible to do better than your best. 

He’s not hamstrung. He’s been backed. I’m not interested in him doing his best . I would do my best. I want a manager who succeeds not just tries. Do you think jos and Carlos didn’t try?

Guest Jack the Hat
Just now, @owlstalk said:

Let's be honest here

You're not

Yes I am. I don’t think he is the man but there have been moments of optimism. I am 100% behind him, but if he continues to shoot himself in the foot by not playing a number 9 and making suicidal substitutions then he will do himself out of a job. I like a lot of what he does but for me he does the simple things wrong too often. Reminds me of Carlos like that. Unlike Bruce who’s style I didn’t like but he did well by doing the simple things. A combo of both would be ideal. But make no mistake, this is his team so what happens now is on him. I just get sick of people making excuses for him. Nobody does for me in my job. 

Guest Jack the Hat
3 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Forgive me for not believing that for a second mate

lol

Doesn’t matter what you think, for a second, MATE.

3 minutes ago, Jack the Hat said:

Yes I am. I don’t think he is the man but there have been moments of optimism. I am 100% behind him, but if he continues to shoot himself in the foot by not playing a number 9 and making suicidal substitutions then he will do himself out of a job. I like a lot of what he does but for me he does the simple things wrong too often. Reminds me of Carlos like that. Unlike Bruce who’s style I didn’t like but he did well by doing the simple things. A combo of both would be ideal. But make no mistake, this is his team so what happens now is on him. I just get sick of people making excuses for him. Nobody does for me in my job. 

So it’s a no from you for Monk, Bruce and Carlos. Go on then who do you think we could have appointed that would have had us easily winning every game with beautiful play? 

Do you have any coaching badges by any chance?

• Like 2

Guest Jack the Hat
20 minutes ago, Key said:

So it’s a no from you for Monk, Bruce and Carlos. Go on then who do you think we could have appointed that would have had us easily winning every game with beautiful play? 

Do you have any coaching badges by any chance?

I liked Bruce a lot. Not so much how we played but the results and his effectiveness with the players he had.

30 minutes ago, Jack the Hat said:

I liked Bruce a lot. Not so much how we played but the results and his effectiveness with the players he had.

So you “liked Bruce a lot” but not “Bruce who’s style I didn’t like”.

I can’t argue with that level of genius!?!

lol

• Haha 2