It's all down to Monk now.

4 hours ago, new zealand owl said:

And today should be where the judgement starts. If people stopped banging on about the second half of last season that would be just grand.

I've said this before, we can't afford to go on long bad runs now and the margin for error with Monk staying in the hot seat will be less than with other recent managers....and I'm ok with that

Yes I agree, lose today and he’s toast

We all want Wednesday to win games (ideally playing some nice football, but results have to be the priority for us this season).

If Monk can achieve that, great. If he can’t, then we need to replace him with someone who can before we get cut adrift at the bottom, because relegation would be catastrophic for the club. Simple as that

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Blue and white said:

He has been well backed by Chansiri.

He has his backroom staff now.

He has his own players.

He has no more excuses.

Given the situation that we are in (which is down to executive level mismanagement and not Monk), as long as we can see Monk is doing the best he can then that’s all we can expect of him IMHO. 

Monk is the equivalent of the builder that has been asked to fix up a house in dire need of repair but has only been given enough money to buy his tools down Aldi’s magic aisle rather than Screwfix or Wickes and then been told to shorten his completion date estimate by twelve days. 

If we are to be frustrated with anyone then that should be Mr Chansiri who promised us we’d get top players if we paid top dollar - that is not happening. We fans are the equivalent of the guy that goes to a fancy restaurant and pays for lobster but is served scampi. 

I’m not trying to make excuses for Monk but I am trying to point out that there will be reasons if we don’t get out of the bottom three and those reason are not because of Monk’s mismanagement but the people above him in the SWFC organisation. 

2 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

= I HATE GARRY MONK AND CAN'T WAIT FOR HIM TO FAIL

More "how in the name of god did you keep your job last season, you were saved by a pandemic and now have no excuses".

Don't rate him as a manager and he won't see the season out.

Edited by Blue and white

I thought Monk should have gone at the end of last season but for me he has a clean slate and starts to be judged from today. I'm not expecting miracles, it's probably going to take 2 or 3 years to rebuild fully,

but we've made some good signings over the last few months and Monk's got his team around him. There's more character in the side and the bad eggs have gone. We've got players in on loan and short term contracts so we're not stuck with them long term and can continue rebuilding next summer. I'd be happy with staying up this season by any means possible as long as we can see a gradual improvement whilst developing the younger players and looking to add more quality as soon as is possible. At some point we need to have a long term plan and the patience to see it through. I just hope Monk is the man to do it. 

5 hours ago, Blue and white said:

He has been well backed by Chansiri.

He has his backroom staff now.

He has his own players.

He has no more excuses.

You mean that for the first time he can actually start from where every other manager starts from?

Expect to lose games while the squad gels - it’s what happens so best get over it in advance.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Blue and white said:

More "how in the name of god did you keep your job last season, you were saved by a pandemic and now have no excuses".

Don't rate him as a manager and he won't see the season out.

And there’s me thinking you were his biggest fan...

“Wednesday Manager saved by pandemic”.   Really? 

I’ll admit I don’t think Monk is the man to get us out of this mess

We needed a warnock type manager who could quickly galvanise a team to get results by any means possible.

We haven’t got time to mess about because we’re normally too nice to the opposition and have very little craft and guile to see games out

Hope I’m proved wrong but I’ve seen nothing to convince me otherwise 

• Thanks 1

46 minutes ago, shandypants said:

Given the situation that we are in (which is down to executive level mismanagement and not Monk), as long as we can see Monk is doing the best he can then that’s all we can expect of him IMHO. 

Monk is the equivalent of the builder that has been asked to fix up a house in dire need of repair but has only been given enough money to buy his tools down Aldi’s magic aisle rather than Screwfix or Wickes and then been told to shorten his completion date estimate by twelve days. 

If we are to be frustrated with anyone then that should be Mr Chansiri who promised us we’d get top players if we paid top dollar - that is not happening. We fans are the equivalent of the guy that goes to a fancy restaurant and pays for lobster but is served scampi. 

I’m not trying to make excuses for Monk but I am trying to point out that there will be reasons if we don’t get out of the bottom three and those reason are not because of Monk’s mismanagement but the people above him in the SWFC organisation. 

I like scampi

9 minutes ago, horny owl said:

I’ll admit I don’t think Monk is the man to get us out of this mess

We needed a warnock type manager who could quickly galvanise a team to get results by any means possible.

We haven’t got time to mess about because we’re normally too nice to the opposition and have very little craft and guile to see games out

Hope I’m proved wrong but I’ve seen nothing to convince me otherwise 

I hope you are wrong mate relegation and we are finished .

Guest Jack the Hat
2 hours ago, shandypants said:

So Monk has no responsibility for what goes on the pitch. Everything is Chansiri fault? Didn’t seem to Phase Bruce that much. If we don’t get out of the bottom 3 in this league with the amount of backing he has had it IS Monks fault and no god awful builder analogy will mask that.

15 minutes ago, Jack the Hat said:

So Monk has no responsibility for what goes on the pitch. Everything is Chansiri fault? Didn’t seem to Phase Bruce that much. If we don’t get out of the bottom 3 in this league with the amount of backing he has had it IS Monks fault and no god awful builder analogy will mask that.

Where did I say Monk has no responsibility whatsoever? 

Guest Jack the Hat
4 minutes ago, shandypants said:

Where did I say Monk has no responsibility whatsoever? 

All the way through! It’s all on Chansiri!!!