It's all down to Monk now.

4 minutes ago, oldishowl said:

Bit confused me.

Isn’t it down to the players as well.

Or is the manager allowed to cross the white line now.

I am old fashioned, when players used to accept some responsibility, now it’s just sack the manager all the time.

Yes they do 100% 

But monk keeps picking them and playing them in positions theyve never played before 

Dropping players after 1 bad game 

Except his lover boy Harris whose been 5h1t now for a year 

352 doesn't suit us yet monk won't change it and you know why? 

Cus he doesn't have a plan B 

Guest Jack the Hat
1 hour ago, @owlstalk said:

= I HATE GARRY MONK AND CAN'T WAIT FOR HIM TO FAIL

No, it reads to me now is the time to stop making excuses and get on with it.

no manager ever has the squad they want but he has been backed more than most in difficult times. I never understand why people blindly follow a manager regardless. Chansiri has stuck with him more than most would and if he bellyflops he’s deserved to go.

28 minutes ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

You keep posting targets like this, but for some reason you're ignoring the replies which point out what meeting that target would most probably entail.

As I pointed out earlier in this thread, even with the form needed to reach the playoffs in an average season, we'd be in the bottom three until game 22, which is our final game of this calendar year.

And you genuinely expect us to be out of the bottom three two games earlier than that?

It would be great, but I'd be amazed if we managed to pull that off.

Personally I don’t think leaving it as late as you say is a risk we can take. Be your reckoning  one of the things you said last night was we might have to wait until the last 5 or 6 games to be out of the bottom 3? 

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, Sticky Micky said:

Yes they do 100% 

But monk keeps picking them and playing them in positions theyve never played before 

Dropping players after 1 bad game 

Except his lover boy Harris whose been 5h1t now for a year 

352 doesn't suit us yet monk won't change it and you know why? 

Cus he doesn't have a plan B 

So we agree

Once the game starts it’s down to the players.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

You keep posting targets like this, but for some reason you're ignoring the replies which point out what meeting that target would most probably entail.

As I pointed out earlier in this thread, even with the form needed to reach the playoffs in an average season, we'd be in the bottom three until game 22, which is our final game of this calendar year.

And you genuinely expect us to be out of the bottom three two games earlier than that?

Completely agree, before the season started my feeling was we need to be back amongst the pack by Christmas. I.e. within touching distance of safety, not off the bottom or out the bottom three, but within say 5 points off safety.  And i still think that’s a realistic target.  It  then gives us the second half of the season to claw back the remaining gap and hopefully stay up 

• Like 3

40 minutes ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

won’t let me edit my original reply, sorry for replying twice, but for example if we are still bottom by Christmas, maybe 10-12 points off the 4th from bottom team would Monk deserve to have more time in the hope he turns it around? Or would you think it’s to much of a risk to leave it longer incase that form continues? 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, WalthamOwl said:

Personally I don’t think leaving it as late as you say is a risk we can take. Be your reckoning  one of the things you said last night was we might have to wait until the last 5 or 6 games to be out of the bottom 3? 

I was presenting the different scenarios which would see us stay up. Obviously, the earlier we can secure our safety, the better.

But what I don't quite understand is what you've seen of this squad that suggests top-six form is a reasonable expectation? I certainly don't expect that from us this season, as much as I'd like to hope for it.

Suggesting we should consider sacking the manager for failing to deliver that target seems out of step with reality to me.

3 hours ago, Blue and white said:

He has been well backed by Chansiri.

He has his backroom staff now.

He has his own players.

He has no more excuses.

Also, the Monk supporters have no excuses should results not improve. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

I was presenting the different scenarios which would see us stay up. Obviously, the earlier we can secure our safety, the better.

But what I don't quite understand is what you've seen of this squad that suggests top-six form is a reasonable expectation? I certainly don't expect that from us this season, as much as I'd like to hope for it.

Suggesting we should consider sacking the manager for failing to deliver that target seems out of step with reality to me.

if we are a way off the 4th from bottom team than yes I think we should consider a change in management around Christmas time. If we are within touching distance than I would stick with Monk. I just don’t think we could afford to leave it to late in the season if the signs are that we aren’t showing the fight or getting the points to stay up. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

'Well backed by Chansiri' is a matter of interpretation.

Yes, given the circumstances we're in, Chansiri has probably backed Monk as much as he possibly could, but in the grand scheme of things, adding three free transfers, three loans and a couple of £500k forwards is hardly going to catapult us into the upper echelons of the Championship given the calibre of player we've lost in recent seasons.

I'm pleased with the recruitment we've done given the predicament in which we've put ourselves, but I still think our squad looks short of quality in several key areas.

Ultimately, we look like a mid-table squad to me. Whether or not that's enough to overcome our points deduction remains to be seen, but I won't be surprised to see it go down to the wire.

I suppose we've just got to hope that Monk and his team can create a team that's greater than the sum of its parts.

Great summary.

• Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, WalthamOwl said:

if we are a way off the 4th from bottom team than yes I think we should consider a change in management around Christmas time. If we are within touching distance than I would stick with Monk. I just don’t think we could afford to leave it to late in the season if the signs are that we aren’t showing the fight or getting the points to stay up. 

That's very different from that you said earlier.

You sound far more reasonable now.

:duntmatter:

Edited by areNOTwhatTHEYseem

1 hour ago, Lord Snooty said:

He's been allowed to sign his own players now.

I say we give him 90 minutes.

Unless we concede a goal before that point in which case let's stab him in he back with nasty comments immediately instead of supporting him like the fans we are supposed to be

Owlstalk Shop

Just now, @owlstalk said:

Unless we concede a goal before that point in which case let's stab him in he back with nasty comments immediately instead of supporting him like the fans we are supposed to be

It's that fine line isn't it.

I've been bothinking in my time.

Supporter = supports 

Fan/fanatic = Not correctly wired