It's all down to Monk now.

2 minutes ago, horny owl said:

Aren’t people allowed to not think monk is a good manager now?

Getting a bit weird on here lately

You're allowed to think anything you like

As always, people are getting oversensitive when their views are challenged and they're asked to just explain why they think the way they do

• Like 1

Owlstalk Shop

1 minute ago, @owlstalk said:

You're allowed to think anything you like

As always, people are getting oversensitive when their views are challenged and they're asked to just explain why they think the way they do

I’m clearly not the over sensitive one on here.

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Chris Apolon said:

For what I can see...objectively speaking

@Emilianenko has expressed his concern about Monk and others disagree with him telling him to PROVE why they disagree with him 

Seems a bit backwards

For the record, and look at my previous posts, I'm for monk, what he wants to achieve and by and large the players he has brought in, but I also can understand why others may not be his biggest fan too.

At once saying "don't reference things last season" and at the same point using posts on a forum from last season to prove a point at best seems nonsensical

Proof will be on the pitch 

Objectivity is all well and good, but saying one thing and then contradicting it never ends well does it. 

The teams performances in the second half of last season would lead to the dismissal of many a manager. 

But as most fans who follow Wednesday know, there has been plenty going on in the background. The points deduction actually gives the playing squad sharp focus and little room for error. 

As the owner has effectively backed the manager in the short term, it seems folly  for so called fans to be calling for his  head 5 games in, particularly when there have been positive signs on the pitch.

• Like 1

Just now, @owlstalk said:

Let's get back to the topic - Garry Monk x

Yes, you rate him highly. I am yet to be convinced. As stated earlier we have two home games coming up against teams that have averaged the same points as us this season. Both beatable. I think we beat them both at home last season. I would be delighted with four points from those games. It would take us out of negative points and would go a long way to convincing me that Monk is the right man for us. 

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Emilianenko said:

Why should I have to prove myself for a wet wipe?

39 minutes ago, Emilianenko said:

Wet wipe.

32 minutes ago, Emilianenko said:

If you don’t like being called names, don’t state I’m full of poo .

13 minutes ago, Emilianenko said:

I’m clearly not the over sensitive one on here.

Brilliant stuff!

:duntmatter:

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Emilianenko said:

Yes, you rate him highly. I am yet to be convinced. As stated earlier we have two home games coming up against teams that have averaged the same points as us this season. Both beatable. I think we beat them both at home last season. I would be delighted with four points from those games. It would take us out of negative points and would go a long way to convincing me that Monk is the right man for us. 

For the record I don't 'rate him highly' and never have

Owlstalk Shop

Guest Jack the Hat
2 minutes ago, Sergeant Tibbs said:

Objectivity is all well and good, but saying one thing and then contradicting it never ends well does it. 

The teams performances in the second half of last season would lead to the dismissal of many a manager. 

But as most fans who follow Wednesday know, there has been plenty going on in the background. The points deduction actually gives the playing squad sharp focus and little room for error. 

As the owner has effectively backed the manager in the short term, it seems folly  for so called fans to be calling for his  head 5 games in, particularly when there have been positive signs on the pitch.

All good points but the OP refers to how the owner has backed the manager which you have just mentioned. That is the point of the thread. This thread isn’t about calling for his head it’s about how monks stamp is on the team. I haven’t seen anyone in this thread calling for his head just people trying to negate the Thread by talking about historical threads. Emilenko has not called for his head in this thread but seems to be getting abuse for having a different opinion. On this thread who are the ‘so called fans calling for his head after 5 games’ I haven’t read any. 

Just now, Jack the Hat said:

All good points but the OP refers to how the owner has backed the manager which you have just mentioned. That is the point of the thread. This thread isn’t about calling for his head it’s about how monks stamp is on the team. I haven’t seen anyone in this thread calling for his head just people trying to negate the Thread by talking about historical threads. Emilenko has not called for his head in this thread but seems to be getting abuse for having a different opinion. On this thread who are the ‘so called fans calling for his head after 5 games’ I haven’t read any. 

You're right -  nobody that I've seen have outright called for his head.

Owlstalk Shop