It's all down to Monk now.

53 minutes ago, Emilianenko said:

I didn't post it but several posters did at the time only to be ignored .

Care to present your post where you stated Windass did the lions share of Rhodes goal at Cardiff. The one where Rhodes won the free kick and put the ball in the net ,.

Well i will offer an open challenge to anyone  to do it now?? cos i dont recall the 'several' i recal one person,who in his own cut & paste included a piece that he still believed  in the manager(sic) or similar,so the reverse of 'monk out' basically.....over to the monk out brigade,put up,or shut up...

8 minutes ago, Utah Owl said:

Someone posted this a while back, but over the last 7 or 8 seasons it's taken between 7-9 games for us to accumulate 12 points. Seems to me you're determined to make it as hard for him as possible instead of giving the guy a chance.

8 points from the first five games is a decent start and if maintained throughout the season would produce about 74 points in total which allowing for the deduction would see us comfortably safe on 62. Without the deduction that would probably see us in the play-offs.

Show the post then. 

• Haha 1

Just now, parajack said:

Well i will offer an open challenge to anyone  to do it now?? cos i dont recall the 'several' i recal one person,who in his own cut & paste included a piece that he still believed  in the manager(sic) or similar,so the reverse of 'monk out' basically.....over to the monk out brigade,put up,or shut up...

If I recall correctly Alan Irvine won his first four games as Manager. He also won the first four games of the following season. Do you think he didn’t deserve criticism for what followed? 

6 minutes ago, Emilianenko said:

See above posts. Monk was not the only manager who had to deal with the issues raised.Happens at every club(apart from probably Brentford) . Covid restricted to Sheffield. 😂

Your marking your own homework mate........other clubs didnt have to deal with an embargo,and pending points deduction did they?(derby aside) & other managers in the Division had their own back room teams didnt they?,,,anyway thats not the issue,the points made were that the issues listed were not of monks doing....

I see you havnt challenged any of the points made...

• Love 1

3 minutes ago, Emilianenko said:

If I recall correctly Alan Irvine won his first four games as Manager. He also won the first four games of the following season. Do you think he didn’t deserve criticism for what followed? 

I didnt ask about irvine,....you said people had given examples and i had ignored them,provide said examples or accept your mistaken and retract your statement....we are all human....

3 minutes ago, parajack said:

Your marking your own homework mate........other clubs didnt have to deal with an embargo,and pending points deduction did they?(derby aside) & other managers in the Division had their own back room teams didnt they?,,,anyway thats not the issue,the points made were that the issues listed were not of monks doing....

I see you havnt challenged any of the points made...

Wigan had to deal with a points deduction. There manager built a siege mentality and hit some great form.

The back room team Monk  inherited had us in the top half. Monk took us into the bottom half. I believe that was Monks doing.

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Emilianenko said:

So did Covid only affect Monk?

Were we the only team hit by injuries and embargo threats or points deduction?

You tell me,i only know of Birmingham last season,and us this...(and Derby) who else had to deal with it?

Guest Jack the Hat
13 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Absolutely love when people post this 

You know immediately never to take anything they say seriously ever again

Why? Please expand.

Just now, Jack the Hat said:

Why? Please expand.

HHi mate -  and thank you for the question

Earlier in the thread I posted a list of things that Garry Monk has had to overcome/face during his time as Sheffield Wednesday manager

The list was not even a full and exhaustive list but just a few things I reeled off the top of my head. Nevertheless anyone would surely agree it was an extensive list, and when taken into consideration cumulatively it really is quite a shocking list of things any manager would struggle with.

Now..

There are people who aren't fans of Garry Monk (I've no issues with people with genuine concerns. That's their prerogative and of course they're free to post their views)

But

What we tend to find is that when you post a long list of serious issues Monk has had overcome, they will take one or two out of that list and say 'yeah but other managers have had to deal with that too - Monk  isn't the only one'

They're 100% correct.

He isn't the only one to have faced that scenario and that single obstacle, problem or challenge

But I find this approach slightly unfair as all the other managers out there haven't had to face ALL the challenges that Monk has all at the same time like Monk has had to.

I find it unfair that they choose the one or two issues that other managers have also faced, and disregarded the rest.

I've not once seen any Monk critic accept the sheer scale of the issues Monk has had to face, whether that be the EFL case over our heads and then the points deduction, or the first team squad's contracts all coming to an end and then an extension to the season due to Covid happening etc etc etc etc  (the list really is ridiculously long)

I have no issues like I say with anyone being critical off Monk's tactics towards the end of last season, or the substitutions he made during that time etc - no issues at all

What I do find extremely unfair, unrealistic and quite frankly unbelievable is that Monk critics just don't seem to accept that no other Sheffield Wednesday manager in our entire history of our football club has had to deal with the full list of issues, problems and challenges that Monk has had to.

I think if any Monk critics out there were to stop posting, sit down, and reflect on everything that's gone off over the last 18 months at SWFC, they may actually see that Monk isn't this foolish demon that they've made him out to be.

He's a straight talking honest manager who walked into a mess, the mess then exploded in his face, then when he was starting to try and sweep up the mess another bomb went off on him, then another explosion, then another mighty nuclear blast.

I'll conclude by saying any Monk critic out there would get more respect from me if they analysed his time here as I have done above, and then explained why they think  (especially after the decent start we have made, the great signings we have made on a total pittance of a budget etc)  that he's not the right man for the job here.

No Monk critic to date has done that.

Owlstalk Shop

2 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

HHi mate -  and thank you for the question

Earlier in the thread I posted a list of things that Garry Monk has had to overcome/face during his time as Sheffield Wednesday manager

The list was not even a full and exhaustive list but just a few things I reeled off the top of my head. Nevertheless anyone would surely agree it was an extensive list, and when taken into consideration cumulatively it really is quite a shocking list of things any manager would struggle with.

Now..

There are people who aren't fans of Garry Monk (I've no issues with people with genuine concerns. That's their prerogative and of course they're free to post their views)

But

What we tend to find is that when you post a long list of serious issues Monk has had overcome, they will take one or two out of that list and say 'yeah but other managers have had to deal with that too - Monk  isn't the only one'

They're 100% correct.

He isn't the only one to have faced that scenario and that single obstacle, problem or challenge

But I find this approach slightly unfair as all the other managers out there haven't had to face ALL the challenges that Monk has all at the same time like Monk has had to.

I find it unfair that they choose the one or two issues that other managers have also faced, and disregarded the rest.

I've not once seen any Monk critic accept the sheer scale of the issues Monk has had to face, whether that be the EFL case over our heads and then the points deduction, or the first team squad's contracts all coming to an end and then an extension to the season due to Covid happening etc etc etc etc  (the list really is ridiculously long)

I have no issues like I say with anyone being critical off Monk's tactics towards the end of last season, or the substitutions he made during that time etc - no issues at all

What I do find extremely unfair, unrealistic and quite frankly unbelievable is that Monk critics just don't seem to accept that no other Sheffield Wednesday manager in our entire history of our football club has had to deal with the full list of issues, problems and challenges that Monk has had to.

I think if any Monk critics out there were to stop posting, sit down, and reflect on everything that's gone off over the last 18 months at SWFC, they may actually see that Monk isn't this foolish demon that they've made him out to be.

He's a straight talking honest manager who walked into a mess, the mess then exploded in his face, then when he was starting to try and sweep up the mess another bomb went off on him, then another explosion, then another mighty nuclear blast.

I'll conclude by saying any Monk critic out there would get more respect from me if they analysed his time here as I have done above, and then explained why they think  (especially after the decent start we have made, the great signings we have made on a total pittance of a budget etc)  that he's not the right man for the job here.

No Monk critic to date has done that.

I answered it comprehensively before.  You couldn’t accept it.

1 hour ago, Emilianenko said:

There is a thread on here today titled Monk . I praised him in it yesterday. I have often gave him praise when we do well.

Anyone who didn’t praise Rhodes after that hat trick would look a bit silly. A bit like anyone criticising Monk when he got us up to third during the new manager bounce.

Show us the post then.