It's all down to Monk now.

2 hours ago, parajack said:

Everyones entitled to their view.....pro or anti monk.    My critique of the anti monk posts are,(1) they are Universally based on the second half of last season.(2) No weight whatsoever is given to the multiple circumstances in play last season in which monk had no control at all,and were not his doing. (3) Little if any credit is ever given to monk,even when we win.(4) Up to now,not one 'monk out; poster,has been able to show me their posts from xmas or before,where they thought monk was a crap manager,and should go....

Nail on head. 

Teams don't gel overnight, it takes time

But Monk is building solid foundations

There's a real team spirit developing, If he gets us firing up top, then we've a real chance 

And I don't mean just staying up

January transfer window will be important

We lack a bit of creativity, if we can address this, we can push on 

I wouldn't rule out the play offs

Monk's the man

• Like 1

Just a bloke, who used up all his luck in one go when he met his wife.

2 hours ago, Emilianenko said:

(1) not universally based on last season, he has a history of season end collapses.

(2) what weren’t his doing, I’m pretty sure dropping players and isolating them was his doing

(3) he often gets credited when we win

(4) several posters have shown you proof they wanted him gone at Christmas, you choose to ignore them

Who were they then and for what reason ? 
3 rd in the league not good enough?

(1) not universally based on last season, he has a history of season end collapses.

(2) what weren’t his doing, I’m pretty sure dropping players and isolating them was his doing

(4) several posters have shown you proof they wanted him gone at Christmas, you choose to ignore them

Pot 

Kettle

Black

4 minutes ago, hugeowl said:

Who were they then and for what reason ? 
3 rd in the league not good enough?

Did you miss his summary of how we got to third in the league...

A honeymoon period, in no way related to Monk. However, it was only after Xmas that Monk is responsible for what happened at the club. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Can you present your post(s) where you have done this? If you can then fair enough but you said I hadn’t praised Rhodes and I presented the post where I did. Come on pal, let’s see those posts. 

27 minutes ago, shandypants said:

Can you present your post(s) where you have done this? If you can then fair enough but you said I hadn’t praised Rhodes and I presented the post where I did. Come on pal, let’s see those posts. 

I didn't post it but several posters did at the time only to be ignored .

Care to present your post where you stated Windass did the lions share of Rhodes goal at Cardiff. The one where Rhodes won the free kick and put the ball in the net ,.

15 minutes ago, Emilianenko said:

3rd is not good enough when you finish 16th.

Para asked the question before and a few responded with proof.

It is where you finish

Monk has been given everything this season

Personally not convinced he is any good,hope I am wrong

Never done anything prior to us.and when he was doing ok.left for the cash

So,we will see..

• Like 1

Guest Therealrealist

Brentford will be interesting Wednesday night..fwiw I fully expected us to beat brum yday...if we beat Brentford I mite start gettin excited about this season

17 minutes ago, Emilianenko said:

I didn't post it but several posters did at the time only to be ignored .

Care to present your post where you stated Windass did the lions share of Rhodes goal at Cardiff. The one where Rhodes won the free kick and put the ball in the net ,.

Of course I can but what would that prove? We know I criticised Rhodes and I believe that Windass did the lion’s share of the work for that goal. 

When you said I’ve never praised Rhodes, I presented the post to the contrary. You’re arguing that you praise Monk but can’t prove it. 

24 minutes ago, Emilianenko said:

3rd is not good enough when you finish 16th.

Para asked the question before and a few responded with proof.

So these posters weren’t happy with 3rd place and knew we were imploding? 
so who were these insightful posters? 

On 16/10/2020 at 23:58, Blue and white said:

He has been well backed by Chansiri.

He has his backroom staff now.

He has his own players.

He has no more excuses.

If yesterday is anything to go by, he won't need any excuses!

Onwards and upwards.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, shandypants said:

Of course I can but what would that prove? We know I criticised Rhodes and I believe that Windass did the lion’s share of the work for that goal. 

When you said I’ve never praised Rhodes, I presented the post to the contrary. You’re arguing that you praise Monk but can’t prove it. 

Let’s see if he refers to his honeymoon period. Or backtracks.

3 hours ago, Emilianenko said:

(1) thats  my view on what i have seen posted,nearly always get last seasons stats,added to this seasons by such,comparing apples to pears

(2) What wasn't his doing? really? do i really have to list the whole thing again?(proving & reinforcing the point i have made by asking?..)

No assistant manager or back room team of his choosing

Alleged 'attitude' players causing poor morale

alleged 'mystery' injuries for some players

FF suspension

Unable to bring in new players due to embargo

Pending EFL charge & points deduction(and effect on morale)

Covid 19 layoff

Injury to Fletcher 

2 players refusing short term contracts at the end of the season for key Month(we could have been relegated had the EFL choose to deduct that season)

None of the above were monks doing....

(3) In my opinion he doesn't, look at the recent 'madness' thread as an example.....

(4) This ones easy,(starting with yourself) cut & paste the said 'proof' where people have posted they wanted him gone b4 Xmas.....didnt happen...One person who did reply posted match & tactics critique(fair enough) but included in his own cut& paste was a quote saying he believed in the manager!!!  etc...(or words to that effect)  

But hey why not be the first to prove the para wrong?..show us your posts from that time...

19 minutes ago, shandypants said:

There is a thread on here today titled Monk . I praised him in it yesterday. I have often gave him praise when we do well.

Anyone who didn’t praise Rhodes after that hat trick would look a bit silly. A bit like anyone criticising Monk when he got us up to third during the new manager bounce.

On 17/10/2020 at 03:17, Dutch McLovin said:

Still think if we’re not in plus figures by the end of the month he should be gone !!

Someone posted this a while back, but over the last 7 or 8 seasons it's taken between 7-9 games for us to accumulate 12 points. Seems to me you're determined to make it as hard for him as possible instead of giving the guy a chance.

8 points from the first five games is a decent start and if maintained throughout the season would produce about 74 points in total which allowing for the deduction would see us comfortably safe on 62. Without the deduction that would probably see us in the play-offs.

19 minutes ago, hugeowl said:

So these posters weren’t happy with 3rd place and knew we were imploding? 
so who were these insightful posters? 

Quite a few responded with proof when asked , not sure who they were. I don’t get obsessed with posters like some on here do.

6 minutes ago, parajack said:

(1) thats  my view on what i have seen posted,nearly always get last seasons stats,added to this seasons by such,comparing apples to pears

(2) What wasn't his doing? really? do i really have to list the whole thing again?(proving & reinforcing the point i have made by asking?..)

No assistant manager or back room team of his choosing

Alleged 'attitude' players causing poor morale

alleged 'mystery' injuries for some players

FF suspension

Unable to bring in new players due to embargo

Pending EFL charge & points deduction(and effect on morale)

Covid 19 layoff

Injury to Fletcher 

2 players refusing short term contracts at the end of the season for key Month(we could have been relegated had the EFL choose to deduct that season)

None of the above were monks doing....

(3) In my opinion he doesn't, look at the recent 'madness' thread as an example.....

(4) This ones easy,(starting with yourself) cut & paste the said 'proof' where people have posted they wanted him gone b4 Xmas.....didnt happen...One person who did reply posted match & tactics critique(fair enough) but included in his own cut& paste was a quote saying he believed in the manager!!!  etc...(or words to that effect)  

But hey why not be the first to prove the para wrong?..show us your posts from that time...

See above posts. Monk was not the only manager who had to deal with the issues raised.Happens at every club(apart from probably Brentford) . Covid restricted to Sheffield. 😂