Jump to content

Recommended Posts

 


I find it really odd that all these people who don't think Monk is the man are crying because they get called out as/when they slate him, and repetitively and repeatedly are slagging  him off  when at the same time they claim to be 'right behind him' and 'hope he proves me wrong' etc  etc


It's like they want to be able to totally destroy his reputation amongst Owls fans, and try to recruit other people into their Monk hate festival group instead of just saying 'he's not my cup of tea really' and leaving it at that

  • Like 2

 


Owlstalk Shop

 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Emilianenko said:

We’ve conceded over 20 goals in the dying minutes using this tactic.  Yesterday we got away with it. But let’s keep taking off strikers for Joey.

So please can you tell me which manager better than Monk would come to us? Realistic suggestions please. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Key said:


The ‘simple message’, that is seemingly lost on some in this thread, is that you can’t claim to be ‘supporting’ a manager whilst at the same time be continuously slagging them off as a poor manager; that isn’t ‘support’. 
 

Criticism is not the same as constructive criticism. 


There is no perfect manager out there, and even if there was they would not be eyeing Wednesday up as their dream job! 


So get realistic and support the people who are actually at the club now and who are trying to get us out of the bottom three ASAP. That is the simple reality of what’s needed now.


Having so called ‘supporters’ constantly having a dig at everything you do, even when your team has just played well and won, can’t exactly be a great motivation to keep trying!

Open discussion is subjective and should be encouraged. If you think Monk reads OT then you are the one who needs to get real. Don’t recall slagging him off, just agreeing with the OP. You can support a manager whilst questioning some of his tactics. The only time this won’t happen is when you have a perfect manager which you rightly point out doesn’t exist. So if Monk isn’t perfect then why cant we discuss both the good and bad points?

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

 


I find it really odd that all these people who don't think Monk is the man are crying because they get called out as/when they slate him, and repetitively and repeatedly are slagging  him off  when at the same time they claim to be 'right behind him' and 'hope he proves me wrong' etc  etc


It's like they want to be able to totally destroy his reputation amongst Owls fans, and try to recruit other people into their Monk hate festival group instead of just saying 'he's not my cup of tea really' and leaving it at that

What a ridiculous post.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Brought in his own staff 

formation and tactics taking shape 

The players are clearly playing for him, and there seems to be a good bond there 

 

When have you ever seen Wednesday press teams like they have been?

 

I don’t see 1 benefit of sacking him, not one 

Edited by FreshOwl
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Jack the Hat said:

Open discussion is subjective and should be encouraged. If you think Monk reads OT then you are the one who needs to get real. Don’t recall slagging him off, just agreeing with the OP. You can support a manager whilst questioning some of his tactics. The only time this won’t happen is when you have a perfect manager which you rightly point out doesn’t exist. So if Monk isn’t perfect then why cant we discuss both the good and bad points?


Not a bad post from you that; maybe one day you’ll get it right. However, I still think you should be banned from OwlsTalk forever cos I don’t like your posts from weeks ago.

 

Is that how it works?

:ghoulguy:

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, FreshOwl said:

Brought in his own staff 

formation and tactics taking shape 

The players are clearly playing for him, and there seems to be a good bond there 

 

When have you ever seen Wednesday press teams like they have been?

 

I don’t see 1 benefit of sacking him, not one 

There was a spell of pressing in the second half yesterday where we were like a pack of dogs hunting the ball down - it was very impressive. 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

 


I find it really odd that all these people who don't think Monk is the man are crying because they get called out as/when they slate him, and repetitively and repeatedly are slagging  him off  when at the same time they claim to be 'right behind him' and 'hope he proves me wrong' etc  etc


It's like they want to be able to totally destroy his reputation amongst Owls fans, and try to recruit other people into their Monk hate festival group instead of just saying 'he's not my cup of tea really' and leaving it at that

 

I’m not a fan of his. I suspect I never will be. Am I behind him? I don’t want the club to be relegated and he’s still unbelievably given his record at S6 still here so like his other critics we’ve got no choice but to hope he does the job required.

 

If he does well I will give praise as will his other critics, I’m sure but to want the club to do well doesn’t mean you’re necessarily behind or like the manager or not?

 

What makes me laugh is there has been this constant ‘Monks the Man’ from some which is fair enough but I don’t remember the same sort of backing for Lukuhay when his record was just as poor as Monk’s and he was doing the same sort of things as Monk. I just can’t understand why one manager has had unbridled support from large sections of the fan base yet one didn’t? At least we won occasionally and scored more than one goal in a game under Jos? 🤣

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Jim said:

 What makes me laugh is there has been this constant ‘Monks the Man’ from some which is fair enough but I don’t remember the same sort of backing for Lukuhay when his record was just as poor as Monk’s and he was doing the same sort of things as Monk. I just can’t understand why one manager has had unbridled support from large sections of the fan base yet one didn’t? At least we won occasionally and scored more than one goal in a game under Jos? 🤣



The fact you can't see the squad that Monk is having to work with, the pressures of this Covid thing, empty stadiums, a glut of games in a short space of time, the overhanging EFL charges, the hearing, the points deduction, the bad egg players he inherited, the overageing squad he inherited, the fact he couldn't have his own coaching staff in, an assistant manager of Bullen that was imposed upon him, the injuries we had, the lack of spending, the selling of the stadium ettc etc etc etc(there's more than I've listed here) says nothing about Garry Monk's ability but says everything about YOU mate

  • Like 1

 


Owlstalk Shop

 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Jim said:

 

I’m not a fan of his. I suspect I never will be. Am I behind him? I don’t want the club to be relegated and he’s still unbelievably given his record at S6 still here so like his other critics we’ve got no choice but to hope he does the job required.

 

If he does well I will give praise as will his other critics, I’m sure but to want the club to do well doesn’t mean you’re necessarily behind or like the manager or not?

 

What makes me laugh is there has been this constant ‘Monks the Man’ from some which is fair enough but I don’t remember the same sort of backing for Lukuhay when his record was just as poor as Monk’s and he was doing the same sort of things as Monk. I just can’t understand why one manager has had unbridled support from large sections of the fan base yet one didn’t? At least we won occasionally and scored more than one goal in a game under Jos? 🤣

Can you not look at the situation objectively enough to understand it’s nothing like the Jos reign? Cmon man 

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:



The fact you can't see the squad that Monk is having to work with, the pressures of this Covid thing, empty stadiums, a glut of games in a short space of time, the overhanging EFL charges, the hearing, the points deduction, the bad egg players he inherited, the overageing squad he inherited, the fact he couldn't have his own coaching staff in, an assistant manager of Bullen that was imposed upon him, the injuries we had, the lack of spending, the selling of the stadium ettc etc etc etc(there's more than I've listed here) says nothing about Garry Monk's ability but says everything about YOU mate

 

I don’t need a magnifying glass to read that 🤣

 

And what does it say about me because I don’t rate Monk it makes me some sort of bad person or criminal? 😟

 

Whatever opinion or disagreements I’ve had on here, I’ve never made a big deal of what it means about the individual poster as it’s just an opinion, nothing to get my knickers in a twist about?

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Jim said:

 

I don’t need a magnifying glass to read that 🤣

 

And what does it say about me because I don’t rate Monk it makes me some sort of bad person or criminal? 😟

 

Whatever opinion or disagreements I’ve had on here, I’ve never made a big deal of what it means about the individual poster as it’s just an opinion, nothing to get my knickers in a twist about?

 

 

 

Mate your anti-monk posts have been relentless, in any and every thread you could find even if it's not relevant.

For months and months you've repetitively crusaded in any thread you come across that Monk is to blame for everything

Over and over and over and over you post anti-monk stuff


It's beyond normal practice if I'm honest mate


This latest post of yours comparing Monk's time to Jos's time is your most desperate yet and shows just how desperate you've become to froth at the mouth and try to recruit people to buy tickets to your Garry Monk Hate Festival

Nobody's buying ya tickets  mate - you're a busted flush - you've been seen as someone who now no longer has the ability to see any reason or debate things properly.

Sorry but that's just how it is


If you don't like Monk fair enough - that's your prerogative and always has been and nobody will ever stop you from expressing yourself

But your non stop numerous repetitive relentless posts have gone way beyond criticism of  a manager and straight into the realm of bunny boiling

  • Like 2

 


Owlstalk Shop

 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Jim said:

 

I don’t need a magnifying glass to read that 🤣

 

And what does it say about me because I don’t rate Monk it makes me some sort of bad person or criminal? 😟

 

Whatever opinion or disagreements I’ve had on here, I’ve never made a big deal of what it means about the individual poster as it’s just an opinion, nothing to get my knickers in a twist about?

Do you think Monk will keep us up ?

Link to post
Share on other sites

Unlike some of our more recent weird moustachioed Dutchmen who shall remain nameless, at least Monk appears to have some sort of actual tactical gameplan and the ability to get the players to do it. 

 

I think he will easily lead us to the dizzying heights of not getting relegated due to the financial mismanagement of certain idiot fishermen's sons who shall remain nameless.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I don’t believe Chansiri has done a great job. I really hope he has learnt from his mistakes and takes the club I support forward. 

Mid this my opinion or me not supporting him?

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

 

 

 

Mate your anti-monk posts have been relentless, in any and every thread you could find even if it's not relevant.

For months and months you've repetitively crusaded in any thread you come across that Monk is to blame for everything

Over and over and over and over you post anti-monk stuff


It's beyond normal practice if I'm honest mate


This latest post of yours comparing Monk's time to Jos's time is your most desperate yet and shows just how desperate you've become to froth at the mouth and try to recruit people to buy tickets to your Garry Monk Hate Festival

Nobody's buying ya tickets  mate - you're a busted flush - you've been seen as someone who now no longer has the ability to see any reason or debate things properly.

Sorry but that's just how it is


If you don't like Monk fair enough - that's your prerogative and always has been and nobody will ever stop you from expressing yourself

But your posts have gone way beyond criticism of  a manager and straight into the realm of bunny boiling

 

Busted flush? That’s a good one. It didn’t stop the second half of last season going down the toilet. Not even a toilet duck could’ve improved the sh!t smell that was in evidence then, could it?

 

Bottom line is you list all the reasons why Monk has struggled so far. You obviously know more than me but seeing you’ve listed reasons why I’m such an hateful tw@t then I’ll try to fight my corner then that’s it from me on the Monk subject as I don’t want to rid Glenn Close’s character in Fatal Attraction of her title of best bunny boiler.

 

Empty Stadium’s. I think this helps Monk rather than hinders him as he’d have been under more pressure had fans been present?

 

I’ll have a guess that the bad eggs you’re referring to are Hutchinson and Westwood? Strangled the two managers DC appointed with 30% win ratios are the ones who couldn’t handle them?

 

I’ll give you ageing squad, EFL charge, points deduction etc.

 

Anyway you can continue to argue the to$$ with the other Monk critics on here because from me and it’s goodnight from me and goodnight from the bunny boiler ❤️😘

Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, Jim said:

 

I’m not a fan of his. I suspect I never will be. Am I behind him? I don’t want the club to be relegated and he’s still unbelievably given his record at S6 still here so like his other critics we’ve got no choice but to hope he does the job required.

 

If he does well I will give praise as will his other critics, I’m sure but to want the club to do well doesn’t mean you’re necessarily behind or like the manager or not?

 

What makes me laugh is there has been this constant ‘Monks the Man’ from some which is fair enough but I don’t remember the same sort of backing for Lukuhay when his record was just as poor as Monk’s and he was doing the same sort of things as Monk. I just can’t understand why one manager has had unbridled support from large sections of the fan base yet one didn’t? At least we won occasionally and scored more than one goal in a game under Jos? 🤣

Wow sticking up for Jos, amazing but predictable .

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...